Idaho GOP: Parents can choose prayer over medicine without consequences

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC

The current state law allows parents who practice faith healing to avoid charges of manslaughter, capital murder and negligent homicide if God decides to ignore them.

“These are not things children die of in our time. This is what children died of back in the 1800s — not in the 2000s,” said Linda Martin, a vocal supporter of the new bill who grew up in a faith healing sect.
However, Republican lawmakers oppose the bill proposal because they feel it infringes on the freedom of religion. A similar bill failed to pass in 2014 for the same concerns after which the state suffered a string of preventable child deaths.
“Children do die,” said Christy Perry, a Republican Idaho representative. “I’m not trying to sound callous, but [reformers] want to act as if death is an anomaly. But it’s not — it’s a way of life.”

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Idaho GOP: Parents can choose prayer over medicine without consequences[/FONT]

The current state law allows parents who practice faith healing to avoid charges of manslaughter, capital murder and negligent homicide if God decides to ignore them.

“These are not things children die of in our time. This is what children died of back in the 1800s — not in the 2000s,” said Linda Martin, a vocal supporter of the new bill who grew up in a faith healing sect.
However, Republican lawmakers oppose the bill proposal because they feel it infringes on the freedom of religion. A similar bill failed to pass in 2014 for the same concerns after which the state suffered a string of preventable child deaths.
“Children do die,” said Christy Perry, a Republican Idaho representative. “I’m not trying to sound callous, but [reformers] want to act as if death is an anomaly. But it’s not — it’s a way of life.”

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Idaho GOP: Parents can choose prayer over medicine without consequences[/FONT]

I think any parent whose child is ill and they refuse to take them for medical treatment, if that child dies, the parents need arresting for criminal negligence and also manslaughter, at the least.

Why not just bring in a witch doctor? Seriously, you loserterians are pure human shit.

I think the whole issue is not only criminal but also immoral.

This has been going on for a long time, I'm sure that Jean Harlow's mother was of this bizarre belief, I'm sure I read that she refused to allow medical treatment for her daughter, but the doctors just ignored her, sadly they weren't able to save Jean Harlow though....nowadays, that condition would be able to be treated effectively, but in the 1930s no.

"When doctors become patients they know the colleagues treating them are fallible and they can have no illusions – if the disease is a deadly one – about what awaits them. They know that bad things happen and that miracles never occur."
excerpt is from the book "Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery" . Copyright © 2014 by the retired neurosurgeon Dr.Henry Marsh, P 254

Here is an alternative point of view from the presidential candidate and retired neurosurgeon Dr. Ben Carson, who was recently touted as a “trusted confidant” of Donald Trump: Ben Carson: God Used Me to Miraculously Save Boy Who Other Doctors Said Would Die, Now He Is a Minister

Forum List

Back