Idaho crop yields up significantly this year

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
what does that mean you say
Magic Valley where I live is exceeded only by the San Joaquin Valley in food production.
Barley yields in the burley area are 111 Bushels per acre this year

dKKft23.jpg

Magic Valley where I live is exceeded only by the San Joaquin Valley in food production.

If there's any truth to "climate change", California could someday cease to be a major food-producing state, and much of the country's food will be produced by red states.

My specialty isn't in the realm of the food industry, but the one product I do know I have purchased has been Idaho potatoes.

While it is good news, it would be helpful to see how they compare to 2020 since the article states 2021 was a bad year for Idaho corps due to a drought.

While thats good for Idaho other states haven't been so lucky.
Growers in Minnesota couldnt get crops in the ground because of to much rainfall.
They did eventually get them planted but it was really late in the season.

Well that's excellent. Farming is always subject to the whims of nature and can be ruinous through no fault of the farmers. Salute!

Forum List

Back