So many people are fleeing California, there's a U Haul truck shortage.

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
Sounds like a good employment opportunity for people with small cars and motorcycles who could throw their vehicles in the back of a truck from wherever they are, return the truck to California and get paid for it .

Or U-Haul can just pay people to bring their trucks back and then fly them home.

I would suspect the same thing is happening in New York.

Apparently not a new thing.

Sounds like a good employment opportunity for people with small cars and motorcycles who could throw their vehicles in the back of a truck from wherever they are, return the truck to California and get paid for it .

Or U-Haul can just pay people to bring their trucks back and then fly them home.

You're right. If there is such a shortage some serious coin is probably available, even if it took a couple of trips to complete the move.

Apparently not a new thing.

Same problem in Florida in 2005...6,000 people a day were leaving.

They are not just leaving, they are all swarming to states with a close senate race so they can vote "D".

They are not just leaving, they are all swarming to states with a close senate race so they can vote "D".

Really? Do you know a lot of people willing to pull up stakes, sell their home, leave their job, pack everything they own and move across the country just to try to swing a senate race?

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig-- does it pay well? :smoke:

Of course human beings are fleeing communist California....people are not idiots.

Very sad though...that communist Rats have pinched the best lands in America! Total scum!

God I hate them!:mad:

Republicans will eventually take back over California to save it but not until the real estate goes back down.

I don't see that ever happening in California. Possibly a Republican could win the governorship again, although I doubt it, but I don't see Republicans ever again being able to take over the state Assembly, or any substantial local races. California IMO is nothing more than a lost cause. Republicans would be smart to not spend a dime there, and concentrate on purple areas.

I don't see that ever happening in California. Possibly a Republican could win the governorship again, although I doubt it, but I don't see Republicans ever again being able to take over the state Assembly, or any substantial local races. California IMO is nothing more than a lost cause. Republicans would be smart to not spend a dime there, and concentrate on purple areas.
At the very least California holds strategic interest with hundreds of miles of coastline....
Which will be the main source of fresh water for the southwestern states once after the Colorado River reservoirs like lake Mead dry up and people finally realize they're going to have to flip the bill for water desalination plants on the coast.

“fleeing”?! haha, your dramatic hyperbole is comedy

I left CA nearly ten years ago. I moved, bit by bit over a year and a half, making three or four UHaul trips. I noticed that the cost of renting the equipment kept rising as I went. I wouldn't want to do it today, the prices must be astronomical.

Forum List

Back