I was just wondering, is anyone monitoring the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere.

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
I was just wondering, does anyone monitor the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere ? To me the air seems to be getting thinner, is that possible ? I mean there's more and more people with breathing conditions that require assistance of artificial means in order just to breathe. Is the oxygen level dropping ? Will we ever run out of oxygen ? Is this going to be the next big problem, it would be a huge One. Thanks, science minded people only need reply. Requested, might be a better word. Thanks again.

Just because your brain doen't get enough oxygen doesn't mean the air is getting thin.
I was hoping for a more scientific explanation it actually is happening. I remember reading years ago in national geographic about the Amazon rainforest producing 20% of the world's oxygen well they keep burning it down and destroying the forest I figured that's less oxygen coming into the atmosphere. I was hoping the scientists on here and there are scientists on here would explain if it's affecting the amount of atmospheric oxygen. Everything was better when I was young including the air as far as I'm concerned.

Our air is much cleaner than it used to be in the US.
I understand that. In my youth I can remember driving into the city ( NYC ) and seeing a purple haze over the entire city. They born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania. I watched as the column dumps burned every night for years and years with those pretty blue flames. Whenever we left the greater Wyoming Valley ( which Scranton was in ) as we drove into the mountains we pass through a layer of smog which covered the valley. What I'm concerned about, is whether or not, the oxygen level in the atmosphere is dropping because of man's activities. Is this another part of climate change. You obviously don't have the answer but someone on here Will. Thanks anyway.

I understand that. In my youth I can remember driving into the city ( NYC ) and seeing a purple haze over the entire city. They born and raised in Scranton, Pennsylvania. I watched as the column dumps burned every night for years and years with those pretty blue flames. Whenever we left the greater Wyoming Valley ( which Scranton was in ) as we drove into the mountains we pass through a layer of smog which covered the valley. What I'm concerned about, is whether or not, the oxygen level in the atmosphere is dropping because of man's activities. Is this another part of climate change. You obviously don't have the answer but someone on here Will. Thanks anyway.

If oxygen levels dropped by 130 ppm, would you notice?

From National Geographic...
Earth's atmosphere is composed of about 78 percent nitrogen, 21 percent oxygen, 0.9 percent argon, and 0.1 percent other gases. Trace amounts of carbon dioxide,

Oxygen while necessary is only 21%.
We mostly breath nitrogen...
Can't help but notice...
Trace amounts of carbon dioxide...

I was just wondering, does anyone monitor the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere ?
Yes the government, NOAA, scientists, etc.

To me the air seems to be getting thinner, is that possible ?
No. PSI is around 14 and oxygen levels are about 21%. Deforestation might have a small effect but it is offset by the higher CO2 levels which speed plant growth and activity.

If oxygen levels dropped by 130 ppm, would you notice?
I don't know. I asked two simple questions. You are not answering either one of them. Everything the scientists have said about climate change in their predictions has been wrong. The facts have been worse than they predicted. Which means the situation is deteriorating . So if you're 130 parts per million is some kind of fact and climate changes involved in the process. The actual damage could be far worse than that and the long-term effects of it could be fatal. If this is true, I think it's best to start a serious conversation on the matter. Like I said I don't know I don't have the time to research it all.

I was just wondering, does anyone monitor the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere ? To me the air seems to be getting thinner, is that possible ? I mean there's more and more people with breathing conditions that require assistance of artificial means in order just to breathe. Is the oxygen level dropping ? Will we ever run out of oxygen ? Is this going to be the next big problem, it would be a huge One. Thanks, science minded people only need reply. Requested, might be a better word. Thanks again.

Most likely, what you are experiencing is the result of your lungs being damaged by all the crack cocaine and other drugs that you've been smoking. You do understand that as your lungs become more and more damaged by such abuse, that you will have a more difficult time getting as much oxygen as your body wants, right?

Most likely, what you are experiencing is the result of your lungs being damaged by all the crack cocaine and other drugs that you've been smoking. You do understand that as your lungs become more and more damaged by such abuse, that you will have a more difficult time getting as much oxygen as your body wants, right?
I am 70 years old, unfortunately I did smoke tobacco cigarettes when I was young, I quit that at least 30 years ago. I am an excellent swimmer and my lungs are in good shape. I've never done any drugs. Smoked a little marijuana in my youth but that's it. Since you mention crack it must be something in your history it's not part of my history good luck with that.

Science says you are an idiot!

Here is your answer;

Forum List

Back