I was going to buy a couple bottles of Jack for Thanksgiving, but found...

WinterBorn

Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you buy a barrel I think they put your name on a wall at the distillery.

Natural Citizen

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I quit drinking regularly over 20 years ago. And I don't miss it at all. Once in a very, very great while I'll drink a cold beer in the summer if I'm working in my yard. And my Mexican neighbor brings out his bottle of Cuervo once in a great while in the evening and we'll have a shot when we're out on the porches watching for thieves to make their rounds rummaging through people's cars. But I can count these instances on one hand over the last twenty years.

skye

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Drink this instead! :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

oops sorry I couldn't restrain myself...:laugh:

WillHaftawaite

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Thanksgiving?

Not Hardly.

Get this

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They didn't list the bull riding mistake... Or the sudden urge to listen to Toby Keith...

Heck, the worse I've ever been has been on Tequila.. It's a lot more sneaky than whiskey.. At least with bourbon whiskey -- it TASTES like a hang-over.. :113:

If you listen to Jason Aldean -- whiskey is a fundamentally defective product.. Listen carefully, because you aint drinking it right...

OP
james bond

james bond

Gold Member
Reaction score
They didn't list the bull riding mistake... Or the sudden urge to listen to Toby Keith...

Heck, the worse I've ever been has been on Tequila.. It's a lot more sneaky than whiskey.. At least with bourbon whiskey -- it TASTES like a hang-over.. :113:

If you listen to Jason Aldean -- whiskey is a fundamentally defective product.. Listen carefully, because you aint drinking it right...

El cheapo whiskey is a defective product. Rotgut will definitely give you a hangover. Jack is the nice stuff. I like to take shots with a water back. Or sip with ice.

Early on in our marriage, I bought a 1.75 L bottle of Jack and put it in the cabinet. About three weeks later, I grab the bottle and there's less than a 1/4 left. My wife had drank most of it. I hope she had it with friends. I never asked her. Just bought another bottle and kept an eye on it. If the same thing happened, then I would've said something like how come we're not drinking it together lol?

If you want to get drunk, then just do shots. Make sure you have something to eat first and don't mix drinks.

fncceo

Gold Member
Reaction score
The ultimate survival ration.

My shelter is now fully stocked!

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Jack makes me want to fight.
I try to stay away from liquor for the most part but I do enjoy a nice sweet tea with bourbon or a shot of tequilla

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

El cheapo whiskey is a defective product. Rotgut will definitely give you a hangover. Jack is the nice stuff. I like to take shots with a water back. Or sip with ice.

Early on in our marriage, I bought a 1.75 L bottle of Jack and put it in the cabinet. About three weeks later, I grab the bottle and there's less than a 1/4 left. My wife had drank most of it. I hope she had it with friends. I never asked her. Just bought another bottle and kept an eye on it. If the same thing happened, then I would've said something like how come we're not drinking it together lol?

If you want to get drunk, then just do shots. Make sure you have something to eat first and don't mix drinks.
I know as a Tennessean, it's heresy to say -- but I kinda prefer Southern Comfort.. It's just that Jack Daniels IS a state historic institution...

My last quart of Jack was a Christmas present and I'm just about to the bottom of it now.. So -- I'm just medicating myself -- not trying to write another Country Music hit.... :auiqs.jpg:

karpenter

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you buy a barrel I think they put your name on a wall at the distillery.
Andylusion said:
.. I still can't see having $8,000+ dollars to blow on alcohol like this.
Considering Whiskey Only Ages In The Cask
That Might Be A Bargain In The End

Last edited:

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List