I Want Republicans to Lose the Midterms

Is globate climate wrong?
huh?
How about people making over 400 dollars without paying income tax.
People making $400 dollars don't pay taxes, other than FICA......Just for the record, I'm for NO income tax and an end to the 16th Amendment.
Not one of the republicans voted for Part D lowering drugs. That is all you need to know.
Good....It's not The State's job to control the prices of anything.
Republicans want SS to end same with Medicare.
If only that were true, I might actually be motivated to vote for them.

IOW, you have nothing to be in favor of.....You just want it all to burn to the ground in order to supposedly rid yourself of that which you hate.....Whatever hundreds of millions of people ruined in the process be damned.

Hatred does horrid things to an alleged man.....I seriously suggest some professional help.

You were (and still are) willing to burn it to the ground to get your own way. Okay, we play that same game. Let me hold the match. For over 8 years, I played that game in Strategic Air Command.

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.
You couldn't have been a little more succinct?

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.

The humiliation would serve them well.

Though I don't believe the Republican party exists anymore, at least not as it once was. Too many have sold there souls to Trump and they seem to be more than happy on their knees before. Fucking simps. No, the GOP is now the TOP, Trump's Own Party...

I almost feel bad. I was a proud, registered Republican for decades. While I still lean to the right, I don't see myself rejoining the party. Ever. They're embarrassing.

If the Senate gets flipped and the Republicans take the house in 2022, will it be any better than it is now?

Let's see where we're at now. We already have...

Gasoline that rose to twice the price it was during 2018, an inflation rate that rose to 9.1%, which was almost 5 times higher than it was in 2019, a recession, the average middle-class family coming up about $6,000 short of disposable income, hefty taxes coming for the middle class, and retirement accounts losing $3 trillion dollars just over the last year. The price of oil jumping up to $130 per barrel, having to beg Saudi Arabia and Venezuela for oil while draining our own strategic reserves, sporadic shortages on the store shelves, supply line disruptions, a steadily-increasing trade imbalance with China, an spiraling epidemic of violent crime and drugs, 4 million more illegals within the last two years, more COVID deaths than in 2020, a dishonorable withdrawal from Afghanistan that cost 13 American soldiers their lives, a weakened, pussified military, and IRS arming and training to be home invaders, using the DOJ and the FBI to harass political opponents, Iran's nuclear program having enough nuclear material to build a bomb and conducting attacks on US citizens like they did to Salman Rushdie, a revitalized Russian oil industry, China being energy and militarily dominant, a war in Europe that could even go nuclear, and China and North Korea threatening the US.

Hey, I have a great idea!! Let's give the Democrats full control of both the House and the Senate, and see how many more great things they can accomplish in the next two years! It'll be more fun than when the hogs ate my baby brother!

:laughing0301:

Among their many shared traits is the fact that both parties loathe anyone who doesn't buy in to one or the other.

Maybe even more than they loathe the other party.
There is a lot of truth in that. I saw how Democrats treated Jimmy Carter when he wasn't part of the national apparatus and how they've treated Trump. It has me start to believe the "Deep State" rantings which I thought was conspiracy theory at first.

However, I do like that Trump seems to have broken the hold that the neo-cons had on the Republican Party.

This nation can't stay on the current course it's on. It's time for fresh leadership, out with the old guard on both sides

I thought this title was going to link an article written by Mitch McConnell :heehee:

Truth be told, people are rejecting the old Neo-Cons and Establishment candidates, they want outsiders. For these voters, much like your suggestion that you want to see the GOP lose to try and force them to shift gears, the voters are saying the same "we will vote on issues and purge your party of the Establishment politician. If you don't change your policies as a party, we are willing to see Dems in power over you".

If it takes the Dems being in power and collapsing the economy the GOP voters say "better that this occur than to support America Last Light that the GOP has offered."

Bush didn't even try to fix your border or unfair global trade practices, no one is going to vote for them again, Party over country is a losing path.

You were (and still are) willing to burn it to the ground to get your own way. Okay, we play that same game. Let me hold the match. For over 8 years, I played that game in Strategic Air Command.
I'm prepared for it to burn to the ground....That doesn't mean I either want it or would be cheering it on....That's not something that the pious gasbag OP can say.

Just when I thought you were at least somewhat sane and reasonable....

The two parties are, once again, demonstrating why we desperately need more than two viable parties.

Before it's too late. This is a disgrace.

#ForwardParty

We do not need MORE parties, but fewer, meaning NO parties.
There should just be one, single, open election.
And to avoid run offs, you rank all the candidates on the ballot, which essentially gives you the opportunity to vote against those you dislike the most.

That way you avoid what happened to Bernie Sanders, who could easily have won in 2016, getting half the dems and half the repubs.
But there is no way Bernie could get past the corrupt, partisan primaries.

thats all great in a vaccum , but we wont recover from Democrat rule if they continue. If Republicans somehow got control of both houses..we could have real investigations into what the Democrats have been pulling off. That would damn any hope Newsome has

Forum List

Back