I Want Republicans to Lose the Midterms

You sound like someone out of touch with what the real grassroots conservatives in this country are all about.
I'll take someone crass who gets things done over a smooth talking snake oil salesman like Obama any day & twice on Sunday.

Our country is divided.
There are those of us that have realized things are fundamentally wrong here & abroad. We know we are not getting the truth & both Pravda & DC are feeding us massive lies in pursuit of an agenda that does not put America First.
We saw DT policies benefitting the majority of Americans that were constantly left behind despite the non-stop empty promises of the past made by both sides of the aisle.

Then there are people like you who are happy with the comfortable lies & corruption you are accustomed to. You may not even recognize it if the propaganda has full control. You want the business as usual illusions of normalcy even if it means more insane leftist policies designed for destruction regardless of the focus tested title they give them.
If the boat doesn't rock, you will ride it down the whirlpool to your death.

You'll have to excuse those of us who aren't afraid to stand up & say ENOUGH!
We saw how good things can be for actual citizens when we put our own interests first & we aren't going back to business as usual for your masters in the UNiparty.
What you are hoping for will lead to worse divisions than what we have today.
We are headed for a nasty divorce that will likely turn bloody & you will be complicit

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.
You may not want the democrats to win, but that is exactly who would win. Remember....we have a two party system right now.
If you think the democrats socialized agenda is better for America, you'll be a happy camper. Tax the hell out of those who can
least afford it, that's the party who you will get. A society of wealthy, and the poor.

And while Clinton was a career politician, she was competent to hold office. She wasn't an amateur. Trump was an amateur. AND unfit to hold office.
Like it or not, this country would have been in much better shape to handle the COVID pandemic had she been elected. Trump didn't give a shit.

I don't think I've ever heard Chelsea Clinton utter her desire to run for higher office. :)

Thanks, you made my point.

You want to be ruled by Career Politicians, like we are now under Brandon.

And while Clinton was a career politician, she was competent to hold office. She wasn't an amateur. Trump was an amateur. AND unfit to hold office.
Like it or not, this country would have been in much better shape to handle the COVID pandemic had she been elected. Trump didn't give a shit.
Trump didn't want the country to go to hell because of Covid restrictions. He was effectively 'shouted down' by Fauci and others. The rest is history. :(

Thanks, you made my point.

You want to be ruled by Career Politicians, like we are now under Brandon.
Who are much better choices than a corrupt, incompetent grifter who makes people like you feel that their power and privilege won't be taken away from them and handed to people who don't look like you or think like you.
You'd support a dictator who doesn't even care about you. But since you identify with him, HE is you. :)

That's just pathetic.

Anyone who is hated and feared by the Democratic Party as much as Donald Trump has to be good for the country. The Democratic Party is the Enemy of America and as the saying goes, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".
He's the only one they can beat.

You may not want the democrats to win, but that is exactly who would win. Remember....we have a two party system right now.
If you think the democrats socialized agenda is better for America, you'll be a happy camper. Tax the hell out of those who can
least afford it, that's the party who you will get. A society of wealthy, and the poor.
Yeah, but at least he'll feel great about how morally and intellectually superior he is to everyone else.

No.....You want Marxist democrats to do your dirty work for you, so you can sit around and wallow in your smug, self-satisfied superiority complex.

You're exactly the kind of deranged asshole that caused me to leave the LP.
Is globate climate wrong?
How about people making over 400 dollars without paying income tax.

you might need more, etc.

Not one of the republicans voted for Part D lowering drugs. That is all you need to know.

Republicans want SS to end same with Medicare.

I don't think I've ever heard Chelsea Clinton utter her desire to run for higher office. :)
Hillary wasn't even a top 3 pick for me, but there's no doubt she would have been an effective president, just by sheer knowledge of government, and what levers to pull. And in a less-deranged atmosphere I could even see her and Mitch McConnell getting some things done on infrastructure, military, defense contracts, and corporate taxes. Instead, we got an All-Republican government that got nothing done for the American people.

Trump is hated by eveyone not in the cult
This is why I basically just skip over Marathon Mike's posts these days. He's fully immersed and just repeats the Trump Mantra, changing daily. There is no longer any value in engaging with him.

In truth, even if the GOP wins both chambers, it isn't like they'd do anything. They are sackless and spineless.

With the absolute blitzkrieg of democratic campaign strategy on display by the media, we can pretty much assume that as a nation, we do not have a free exchange of information to give the electorate a clear choice.

Too late bitches. The right has captiulated.

Dont Taz Me Bro knows that another 4-6 years of Democrats being in commanding control may be necessary to break the Republican Party of Trumpism. Massive defeat of it at the polls. He also knows that when Democrats get legitimately defeated, they concede the election. This is the most important thing.

Trump didn't want the country to go to hell because of Covid restrictions. He was effectively 'shouted down' by Fauci and others. The rest is history. :(
Bullshit. Trump lied about Covid. He admitted it on tape to Bob Woodward. He was told about it in November 2019.

Is globate climate wrong?
How about people making over 400 dollars without paying income tax.

you might need more, etc.

Not one of the republicans voted for Part D lowering drugs. That is all you need to know.

Republicans want SS to end same with Medicare.
In parts of the world where lakes and such are lowered due to your climate change, they are finding relics of past civilizations. Why? That would mean past climate change.

Not because I want to see Democrats win. Their agenda is destructive, but Republicans need to lose in order to finally get it through their heads that Trump is poison to their party. A month ago they were riding what looked like was going to be a historical red wave. Now, it's more of a puddle, if even that. The House will still likely flip due to redistricting, but by a much smaller margin. The Senate is looking completely out of reach now barring some tidal event back in their favor. Their reversed fortune is likely due to two elements: the Dobbs ruling and Trump's influence over the Senate primaries.

The Dobbs ruling is what it is. GOP voters have been open and honest about wanting Roe overturned for decades. However, I don't think anyone actually expected it to happen, including the GOP leadership, which is why it was such a shock and awe event. Even with Dobbs, though, the Republicans should still be riding a strong election wave, but they aren't. Trump's picks have been toxic to the electorate. Pennsylvania should have been a relatively easy hold, but Trump endorsed the most incompetent Republican candidate in the race and his campaign is a trainwreck. It's so bad he is likely going to lose to a stroke victim who looks and dresses like Shrek. Mastriano, Trump's handpicked gubernatorial candidate in the state who parroted The Big Lie and was at the Capitol Hill riot on January 6th, has been trailing his opponent in every poll. Georgia should have been the easiest pickup for the GOP, but Trumpy Herschel Walker can't form a coherent thought, makes things up out of thin air, and so far refuses to debate his opponent. In Arizona, MAGA Blake Masters is attempting to run away from his political record on abortion, countering his support for a federal personhood law, and it's blowing up in his face. GOP PACs have already started pulling money out of that race. Wisconsin is now also in jeopardy given Ron Johnson's admittance he was part of the fake Electors scheme. Even states like Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida are showing to be more competitive than expected, but I suspect the Republicans will retain those seats in the end. Furthermore, this national toxicity has the potential to destroy several gubernatorial races. Kari Lake in Arizona is as tactless and crass as Trump and is losing her race, which would be a net loss for the GOP. Other competitive races like New Mexico, Wisconsin, and Maine, to name a few are being stunted by the overall environment.

Despite Biden's dismal approval ratings, poor economic climate, and incredibly radical administration, the Republicans look to be snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what needs to happen. After these midterms are over the MAGA faithful need a strong wakeup call that blindly following their leader's guidance is destructive and toxic to their party and their agenda. If they emerge from these elections with anything other than a sound and disappointing defeat it may very well carry them into 2024 with Trump as their nominee and that will be the final nail in the coffin. According to polls, over half of Republicans still want Trump to be their nominee in 2024 and make another run at it and this is dangerous because he will get destroyed. Biden will be one and done, regardless of what he says. The party will never let him be renominated, so 2024 should be a strong presidential year for the GOP following Biden and the Democrats really have no strong bench to speak of. Sanders will be too old. Warren is an unlikable shrew. Harris is an imbecile and Buttigieg is milquetoast. They do have one formidable candidate, however, and that is Gavin Newsom. He's young (relatively speaking), attractive, and charismatic and if I were to make a bet today on who the Dem nominee will be it's him. He's the American version of Justin Trudeau and that's what's so scary about his prospects. The Republicans need someone who can make the strong case that Newsom's radical California values are a poor fit for the country and that case won't be made by Trump. His attitude, his antics, and constant negative press will overshadow all of these things and usher Newsom into the White House in a landslide and we'll pay for it dearly.

So yes, I want the Republicans to lose bigly. The Trump faithful will still be there, of course. Nothing will convince them they are lambs to the slaughter, but enough of the rank and file may finally realize Trump is destructive and relegate the remaining hold outs to the extreme wing of their party and purge them from having future significant influence. It needs to happen or the country is doomed in 2024.
The two parties are, once again, demonstrating why we desperately need more than two viable parties.

Before it's too late. This is a disgrace.

#ForwardParty

Forum List

Back