I want planet 9 to be a super earth with a solid surface.

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
I want planet 9 to be a super earth with a solid surface. I would like it to be at least 5 earth masses(>1.25 in radius at least)and have similar weather to titan! Maybe even methane based life?

This would excite me the most if we ever found another large planet in our solar system.

Last edited:
I want planet 9 to be a super earth with a solid surface. I would like it to be at least 5 earth masses(>1.25 in radius at least)and have similar weather to titan! Maybe even methane based life?

This would excite me the most if we ever found another large planet in our solar system.

1295180.png

Wouldn't it be better if it weren't a planet, but something we've never even considered before?

• Banned

Wouldn't it be better if it weren't a planet, but something we've never even considered before?

Maybe a brown draft with its own solar system about half a light year away would be better. I don't understand why a non-planet would be better for human exploration?

Maybe a brown draft with its own solar system about half a light year away would be better. I don't understand why a non-planet would be better for human exploration?

Because we understand about 0.01% of what goes on in our universe. Imagine if we found something that increased that to 0.02%

I'm watching a

Scientists have discovered a mysterious ninth planet ten times the size of Earth on the very edge of the solar system; this strange world could have moons with extraterrestrial life.

They really believe it is out there.

Planet Nine is a hypothetical ninth planet in the outer region of the Solar System. Its gravitational effects could explain the peculiar clustering of orbits for a group of extreme trans-Neptunian objects, bodies beyond Neptune that orbit the Sun at distances averaging more than 250 times that of the Earth.

mass of five to ten times that of the Earth, and an elongated orbit 400 to 800 times as far from the Sun as the Earth.

So far out there, so dark out there, that it'd be like finding a pebble on a mountain in the dark.

When we grew up (1970's) we thought there were 9 planets. Today we know if Pluto is a planet then we have thousands of planets for our kids to memorize.

Image result for how many planets are there

Our solar system is made up of a star—the Sun—eight planets, 146 moons, a bunch of comets, asteroids and space rocks, ice, and several dwarf planets, such as Pluto. The eight planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.

This is what we "know" as of right now. I think there is a 9th planet we don't even know about.

I want the United states to send out a probe so we could see a super earth for real. ;)
Planet Nine is unnamed, unconfirmed, and unknown. We haven't been able to detect it, and we don't even know for sure that if we did spot it, it would even be a planet. It might be a special kind of black hole, or be made entirely of dark matter.

6 years later. I didn't realize the How the Universe Works I'm watching is from 2016 and it's 2023. My time flies. Could be a gas planet. Still haven't found it.

It's easier to look at stars that shine bright than it is to find this out this far in our Solar System

With the exception of laser sails, the amount of time each method would need to reach Planet 9 ranged from just under 40 years to 100 years. With laser sails, the researchers estimated that a spacecraft could reach Planet 9 within 6.5–7 years.

Forum List

Back