I walked uphill BOTH WAYS to school when i was a kid....

Congratulations on walking up and down a hill on a regular basis.

It no doubt helped your health as a child.

If more adults regularly walked up and down a hill every day, it would be great for their overall health.

Last edited:
Haha you remember them stories I'm sure. Well look at the one this kid will get to tell.

LOL. My mom used to have to take a john boat to elementary school. They could either boat across the river they lived on and then walk to school or else they had to go many miles to the nearest bus stop and bridge so it was faster for my grandpa to boat them.

I remember when a school bus used to only stop every 5 or 6 blocks at cross streets to pick up and drop off. i was behind a school bus the other day that stopped at every house and let kids off one at a time even when they only lived a couple houses apart.

Can't let the kiddies walk more than the length of their driveways anymore i guess.

Haha you remember them stories I'm sure. Well look at the one this kid will get to tell.

/——/ In South Carolina, I had to walk through 6’ of snow and ice, backwards, blindfolded, and downhill both ways with a 40 lb backpack of school books. This included summer school.

I remember when a school bus used to only stop every 5 or 6 blocks at cross streets to pick up and drop off. i was behind a school bus the other day that stopped at every house and let kids off one at a time even when they only lived a couple houses apart.

Can't let the kiddies walk more than the length of their driveways anymore i guess.

They still go back and forth with that in my city. I think the drivers sort of wing it depending on the age of the child though. Damn kids across the road were seldom out there on time and the driver would just lay on the horn ecvery day where I used to live, Drove me batty.

They still go back and forth with that in my city. I think the drivers sort of wing it depending on the age of the child though. Damn kids across the road were seldom out there on time and the driver would just lay on the horn ecvery day where I used to live, Drove me batty.
Exactly they treat the school bus service like a taxi.

You miss the bus you should fucking walk.

Exactly they treat the school bus service like a taxi.

You miss the bus you should fucking walk.

Well when I was a whippersnapper, if you missed the bus, it was too far to walk though that would have been preferable to a pissed off mother having to get dressed and drive you to school while yelling at you the whole way because if she didn't get you there before dad got home from third shift he would be beating you the whole way as he drove.

Forum List

Back