I totally support this person saying the n-word, in this situation.

IMEO (in my exalted opinion) all the students who signed an objection
should be denied entry to the LAW BAR (when the time comes)

Anyone can say it as long as you’re prepared for the consequences.
Color me shocked ;) Growing up in the south, in the 60s, I said it almost as often as rap artists do today... almost. That was a time where real racism existed and it was UGLY. The crying and complaining today would make MLK ashamed of the youth who engage in it.
FTR, most of the people I know today would disassociate themselves, even from family, that used the word in a hateful or demeaning way.
That said, it is a personal CHOICE. No one tells me which words or expressions are "illegal". As for consequences, life is full of them. Like the saying goes - you pays your money and you takes your chances.

I am old and lived--in childhood in a RACIST town. It was the predominant WASPs
who used the N word----my mom did not allow it. Now I live in the DIVERSE CITY
where the only people who use the N word are uhm "NS'S"

Color me shocked ;) Growing up in the south, in the 60s, I said it almost as often as rap artists do today... almost. That was a time where real racism existed and it was UGLY. The crying and complaining today would make MLK ashamed of the youth who engage in it.
FTR, most of the people I know today would disassociate themselves, even from family, that used the word in a hateful or demeaning way.
That said, it is a personal CHOICE. No one tells me which words or expressions are "illegal". As for consequences, life is full of them. Like the saying goes - you pays your money and you takes your chances.
But back in the 60's -- when you were saying the n-word daily...you hated MLK and called him a communist trouble maker...

You wouldn't know shit about what MLK would be ashamed of.....

There shouldn't be consequences in this context. There are consequences because of people like you.
No there are consequences because people like you want to figure out ways to use that word. Perhaps she should not have used that word in a quotes or maybe she should have warned that offensove language was part of the quote. But its funny how we don't ever see stories where kids of color are using white racial slurs. We don't feel like we have the right to call whites micks, degos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes and pollacks just because it's in a passage we are quoting. Whites like that and you wannabes have this belief that you are entitled. The word didn't have to be used.

There shouldn't be consequences in this context. There are consequences because of people like you.
No there are consequences because people like you want to figure out ways to use that word. Perhaps she should not have used that word in a quotes or maybe she should have warned that offensove language was part of the quote. But its funny how we don't ever see stories where kids of color are using white racial slurs. We don't feel like we have the right to call whites micks, degos, wops, guineas, limeys, kikes and pollacks just because it's in a passage we are quoting. Whites like that and you wannabes have this belief that you are entitled. The word didn't have to be used.
on what planet do you live?

Forum List

Back