I told you all: Should have gone Bernie instead of Biden

In Vermont (and many other states) you don't register with a party. You simply register to vote.

THAT should be the law of the land imo.

There aren't much more meaningless labels than "what political party are you with". If you're not employed by one the answer is always "none".

I find it an infringement on my right to vote and a privacy violation. I'll go one step further, it's a form of election rigging asking people to select a party and give the impression that you will be left out of the process if you refuse. The more I think about this the more it bugs me.

In Vermont (and many other states) you don't register with a party. You simply register to vote.

There aren't much more meaningless labels than "what political party are you with". If you're not employed by one the answer is always "none".

I find it an infringement on my right to vote and a privacy violation. I'll go one step further, it's a form of election rigging asking people to select a party and give the impression that you will be left out of the process if you refuse. The more I think about this the more it bugs me.

I actually had to explain to a poster the other day --- a Canadian, or so he claims --- that no, registering as an affiliate of Party "X" does NOT mean you have to vote for Party "X". I pointed out that if that were the case there would be no point in voting at all, your registration would be your vote.

Now there are some states (not mine) where you have to be registered with a party in order to vote in that party's primary. But you can do that on the spur of the moment. In my state we can vote in either one, so it's just an extra unnecessary step.

For one
Ok so I admit Im getting frustrated. I said vote Bernie. He wouldnt have hurt unions, or womens sports. AND....its day 4 and not a single student loan forgiven. Biden knows these are paid monthly right? So delaying even a week or two means we lose another payment.

Yes voting Cheeto out was worth it no matter who it was. But it shoulda been Bern

What gave you the impression that the president can simply wave his hand and absolve you of your student loans obligation?

Biden promised it. And its called executive order

Ok so I admit Im getting frustrated. I said vote Bernie. He wouldnt have hurt unions, or womens sports. AND....its day 4 and not a single student loan forgiven. Biden knows these are paid monthly right? So delaying even a week or two means we lose another payment.

Yes voting Cheeto out was worth it no matter who it was. But it shoulda been Bern

lol

no

I’m pretty happy with President Biden. He’s much more progressive than most folks give him credit. Because he uses words like “folks”. That’s his genius.

Bernie would probably lose to Trump. Take a win, don't get greedy.

You guys never learn.

I’m pretty happy with President Biden. He’s much more progressive than most folks give him credit. Because he uses words like “folks”. That’s his genius.
Now Biden's a genius!

For one

What gave you the impression that the president can simply wave his hand and absolve you of your student loans obligation?

Biden promised it. And its called executive order

You got played as badly as the QAnon LARP

I actually had to explain to a poster the other day --- a Canadian, or so he claims --- that no, registering as an affiliate of Party "X" does NOT mean you have to vote for Party "X". I pointed out that if that were the case there would be no point in voting at all, your registration would be your vote.

Now there are some states (not mine) where you have to be registered with a party in order to vote in that party's primary. But you can do that on the spur of the moment. In my state we can vote in either one, so it's just an extra unnecessary step.

But the entire scheme serves only to ensure the survival of the two parties and obstruct independent, unhindered representation of one's constituents. I'm pretty sure if the framers saw where we ended up today they would hurl. Then when reps get to Washington they find the two parties have totally rigged congress and concentrated power into the hands of a few, while forcing reps into obedience via threats and punishment.

Now Biden's a genius!
As a politician? Definitely. One of the best. MUCH better than Obama. Biden is Clinton-level, Reagan-level.

But the entire scheme serves only to ensure the survival of the two parties and obstruct independent, unhindered representation of one's constituents. I'm pretty sure if the framers saw where we ended up today they would hurl. Then when reps get to Washington they find the two parties have totally rigged congress and concentrated power into the hands of a few, while forcing reps into obedience via threats and punishment.

The Duopoly rigs itself in, no question. In myriad ways including notoriously the Electoral College. But nah I don't think party registration is one of them. It's meaningless. There are more of us "No Party" registrants than there are Democrats or Republicans -- unfortunately that doesn't challenge the Duopoly stranglehold, because that's what comes up with the candidates.

Someone has to pay the loans off; if not the students, then from new taxes or a tax hike.

No problem, just print money and let the government borrow it. $100 trillion in debt or bust lets go for it yee-haw!

I would have voted for Bernie over Biden but once Biden was the only viable choice left I had to vote for him to make sure that incompetent orange fuckup was removed from office. Biden is more mainstream than Bernie which would have insured that the repubs would be doing their best to never cooperate with him. In the short term Biden was the better choice.

I would have voted for Bernie over Biden but once Biden was the only viable choice left I had to vote for him to make sure that incompetent orange fuckup was removed from office. Biden is more mainstream than Bernie which would have insured that the repubs would be doing their best to never cooperate with him. In the short term Biden was the better choice.

All the damage Biden does is YOUR fault. :talk2hand:

Biden is correcting all Dumps fuckups. No matter what he does he cant be as incompetent as that piece of shit.

Biden is correcting all Dumps fuckups. No matter what he does he cant be as incompetent as that piece of shit.

No dummy he isn't. Even your base is pissed at Biden. The Canadians are pissed at him. The UK is pissed at him. Hell his only cheering section is China.

Forum List

Back