I think you could solve a lot of problems with these three tools...

Vice-Grips. Better yet, a pair of heavy duty Vice-Grips so you can torque or beat upon one with the other. Chuck the little spanner. Virtually useless in practical reality.

Good advise...but you're getting into a weight issue with the Leatherman Wave and even a four inch set of vice grips.

Could replace the Wave with a Crunch sometime in the future...but there are trade-offs there as well.

Looks like the Crunch is lacking in other tools.

Here's a quick rundown on my portable small tool pack.
It's not done just yet.

The leather pouch holds my Surge,all the screwdriver bits,one ratcheting driver,one non ratcheting driver and several saw blades for both wood and metal.
I'm going to order a leather strap and some sex bolts from the place in Alaska that made my holster for the S&W 610-3.
It'll be long enough to to run between the belt slots on the backside of the pouch and it'll be 2.5 inches wide and the sex bolts will mount the leather strap.
That will carry the driver sockets and the old Leatherman pouch for what ever I think to put in it later.
Not really trying to make it belt friendly I am trying to make a small kit for the center console of the truck.
I do have some regular hand tools under the backseat but this will be for the easy stuff.

IMG_4078.jpeg

Here's a quick rundown on my portable small tool pack.
It's not done just yet.

The leather pouch holds my Surge,all the screwdriver bits,one ratcheting driver,one non ratcheting driver and several saw blades for both wood and metal.
I'm going to order a leather strap and some sex bolts from the place in Alaska that made my holster for the S&W 610-3.
It'll be long enough to to run between the belt slots on the backside of the pouch and it'll be 2.5 inches wide and the sex bolts will mount the leather strap.
That will carry the driver sockets and the old Leatherman pouch for what ever I think to put in it later.
Not really trying to make it belt friendly I am trying to make a small kit for the center console of the truck.
I do have some regular hand tools under the backseat but this will be for the easy stuff.

View attachment 747408
Sweet. The additional socket bits is a good idea. Nice sheath too.

That's what got me started to this...my old sheath is worn out from dragging it across asphalt under trucks and trailers. Going to add some tools to the new one.

Forum List

Back