I think you could solve a lot of problems with these three tools...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
...plus accessories on your belt.

IMG_20230108_162224000_HDR~2.jpg

Would you add or subtract anything?

Combination tools are practically worthless. Get some real quality name-brand tools and you will never regret it.

...plus accessories on your belt.

View attachment 747139

Would you add or subtract anything?

Since you aren't specific to the problem, and assuming electricity is possible, I believe a multi-piece accessory cordless power drill with extenders is the one single tool I'd want on a desert island. One high quality drill set (although the technology has been perfected and copied reasonably well) and you're ready for many challenges.

Technically two tools if you consider the drill box, but it's all one unit.

Everything from fixing eavestroughs, loose deck screws, fencing issues, a locked deadbolt without a door knob, changing tires with socket accessories, cleaning a clogged tub (yes, check out snake extensions) on and on. One of the best ROI tools you can buy IMO.

Last edited:
Since you aren't specific to the problem, and assuming electricity is possible, I believe a multi-piece accessory cordless power drill with extenders is the one single tool I'd want on a desert island. One high quality drill set (although the technology has been perfected and copied reasonably well) and you're ready for many challenges.

Technically two tools if you consider the drill box, but it's all one unit.

Everything from fixing eavestroughs, loose deck screws, fencing issues, a locked deadbolt without a door knob, changing tires with socket accessories, cleaning a clogged tub (yes, check out snake extensions) on and on. One of the best ROI tools you can buy IMO.
I may be wrong, but I think the OP was referring to a compact emergency tool kit. If that is the case, I think he got it right.

Vise grips.

Duh!
Vice-Grips

Good advise...but you're getting into a weight issue with the Leatherman Wave and even a four inch set of vice grips.

Could replace the Wave with a Crunch sometime in the future...but there are trade-offs there as well.

Forum List

Back