I Should Have an AR-15, but not YOU! Gun grabber speaks honestly

Itā€™s intended use was as a military weapon. Stoner would be flabbergasted that they are now in the hands of civilians. We ought to start suing companies that knowingly make them so available, they ultimately get placed in the hands of mass murderer s and are the choice for those intent on killing children and shooting into crowds.

Moron......

The FOIA request itself was prompted from a Nov. 2017 article in The Atlantic in which the magazine, unsurprisingly to anyone familiar with its anti-gun bent, attempted to bolster a claim that ā€œthese rifles were meant for the military, not civilians.ā€

ā€œColt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ā€˜Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifleā€™ began on Jan 2, 1964,ā€

one critic of the article contended. ā€œThe M16 wasnā€™t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasnā€™t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didnā€™t officially replace the M14 until 1969.ā€

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ā€˜Not Meantā€™ for Civilians

ā€œThe AR-15 was developed specifically as a military weapon to replace the M-14. It was probably one of the first major weapons systems to be privately developed following the DOD's decision to privatize the design and development function. This function had heretofore been carried out by publicly funded government operations, most notably, in the case of military small arms, the Springield Arsenal.ā€
It was never intended for the AR15 to be used by civilians. Article of former Colt engineer ....

Then why was it put on the civilian market....you dumb ass....years before being adopted, first changed, for the military....?

ā€œColt sent a pilot model rifle (serial no. GX4968) to the BATF for civilian sale approval on Oct. 23, 1963. It was approved on Dec. 10, 1963, and sales of the ā€˜Model R6000 Colt AR-15 SP1 Sporter Rifleā€™ began on Jan 2, 1964,ā€

one critic of the article contended. ā€œThe M16 wasnā€™t issued to infantry units until 1965 (as the XM16E1), wasnā€™t standardized as the M16A1 until 1967, and didnā€™t officially replace the M14 until 1969.ā€

Original ATF AR-15 Classification Refutes Claim that Rifle ā€˜Not Meantā€™ for Civilians

The law banning full auto is unconstitutional and trying to do that with semi auto ARs would be the same.
Another expert, 80 years too late. You ā€œ expertsā€ are hilarious.

Last edited:
Then why was it put on the civilian market....you dumb ass....years before being adopted, first changed, for the military....?

That guy Dagosa Ragu Raviloli is an idiot. Just because something might have been designed for military purposes doesn't make it illegal. If that were the case you couldn't have a 4 wheel Jeep, MREs or BDU Camo pants.

That guy Dagosa Ragu Raviloli is an idiot. Just because something might have been designed for military purposes doesn't make it illegal. If that were the case you couldn't have a 4 wheel Jeep, MREs or BDU Camo pants.

And as I point out....there are 24 million of them in private hands and only a few are used for crime each year........and if the criminals didn't use those few rifles, they would use different rifles or shotguns........and even then, knives are still used to murder more people than all rifles combined...

An America hating gun banning lying idiot! I nailed his sorry hide when I posted several images of rifles that do the same thing an AR does and asked him what about all those? Nothing but spin lies and deflection after that! Typical left actions. Hell these guns do the same thing an ar does:

Glock_17-removebg-preview.png

320-xcompact-left-web.jpg

Smith_and_Wesson_Model_5906.jpg

1200px-M1911A1.png

Last edited:
Oh, so now you acknowledge it was designed for military purposes. Cause if you ever bothered to read anthing, thatā€™s what the posts were about. One of your uninformed claimed it (AR15) was first designed as a civilian firearm. So you all are wrong. Stoner and company at Armorlite designed it specifically as a military firearm and as my later references dictated, a primary engineer thinks it should never have been put in the civilian market.

An America hating gun banning lying idiot! I nailed his sorry hide when I posted several images of rifles that do the same thing an AR does and asked him what about all those? Nothing but spin lies and deflection after that? Typical left actions. Hell these guns do the same thing an ar doesl
So your own kind has abandon you. They concede the AR15 was designed to be a military firearm. Even your buds know youā€™re FOS.

Oh, so now you acknowledge it was designed for military purposes. Cause if you ever bothered to read anthing, thatā€™s what the posts were about. One of your uninformed claimed it (AR15) was first designed as a civilian firearm. So you all are wrong. Stoner and company at Armorlite designed it specifically as a military firearm and as my later references dictated, a primary engineer thinks it should never have been put in the civilian market.
Nope. Armalite was founded and designed the first ARs before they sold out to Colt, who then got the first contract to supply the military

Forum List

Back