I Should Have an AR-15, but not YOU! Gun grabber speaks honestly

Here it is: the government elitist mentality spelled out baldly by a true believer:

The AR-15 has the dubious distinction of being America's most popular semi-automatic rifle. I'm more familiar with the gun than most people: I own one. And one thing I know for sure is that this weapon doesn't belong in the hands of the average civilian.

He is more familiar with the gun than most people because he owns one? The AR15, as he mentions, is the most popular rifle in the United States. It is also a civilian version of the weapon that nearly all U.S. military veterans trained with. He's not exactly in a tiny minority for being familiar with it.

He goes on:

I purchased my AR-15 because I was assigned one as part of my police duties. But officers weren't allowed to take our department-issued weapons home. I felt it was my responsibility to become proficient with any weapon I'd been assigned, so I bought one. And I've spent hundreds of hours training so that I could properly use it.

Bull! He could have had plenty of time on the po-lice range to become proficient. One of the benefits of that rifle is how easy it is to learn to use. We were trained and qualified for the M16A1 during my second week of basic training, when we barely knew how to march in a straight line. It wasn't hard, and nearly everyone qualified.

No, his reason for buying an AR15 is the same as the one that he ridicules others for: he wanted one.

First, though, he ridicules the most important reason that every free American should own a semi-auto rifle with detachable magazine:

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, "We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That's part of our Second Amendment right." Personally, I think that's ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

That is not just "part" of our second amendment right, as his fictitious tinfoil hatters supposedly say. It is the stated purpose of our second amendment right. The second amendment is not for hunting birds, nor for biathlon training. It is to maintain a well-regulated militia as it explicitly states.

He goes to great lengths to explain why an AR15 is not the best weapon for home defense against an single intruder, not at all needed since I know of no one who thinks it is.

His enforcement solution is pretty optimistic:

And outlawing these AR-15s would not require confiscating them from people who already have them. Once you've made these weapons illegal, anyone found with one would be subject to arrest, since possession of these weapons would be a crime. I think it's likely that you would see a lot of people opting to turn them in.

So, it would be another law passed by the left, which would be unenforced or selectively enforced. People won't "turn them in," after having spent around a thousand dollars on rifle and ammo. The only people targeted for enforcement would be people at gun shows. Real criminals who use guns are now being released by liberal judges and liberal "prosecutors," so why are real criminals going to get an extra penalty if they use an AR in their crimes? Would that Ramos guy serve more than the several life sentences he has coming, if this proposed law were in effect? Nope. We will be lucky if he doesn't get found not guilty by reason of insanity, placed in a mental home for a few years and released.

Not to mention that of course, the law can't just say, "Models designated as 'AR15" by their manufacturer, because the manufacturers could just change the name. They will have to define "assault weapon," which the last two nominees for head of ATF have been at a loss to do. Here's what you get when liberals who know nothing about guns try to regulate them:

View attachment 659196

I feel safer already! /sarcasm
“The AR-15 was developed specifically as a military weapon to replace the M-14. It was probably one of the first major weapons systems to be privately developed following the DOD's decision to privatize the design and development function. This function had heretofore been carried out by publicly funded government operations, most notably, in the case of military small arms, the Springield Arsenal.”
It was never intended for the AR15 to be used by civilians. Article of former Colt engineer ....

Fuck this fascist piece of shit. He's the reason we need these weapons.
History of the .223 Remington as a military assault weapon cartridge.

It’s intended use was as a military weapon.

Oh look, another lying leftist.

No, the AR15 has never been a military weapon.

Do you have a check list of lies to tell?

That's it's an "automatic" rifle, perhaps?

Stoner would be flabbergasted that they are now in the hands of civilians. We ought to start suing companies that knowingly make them so available, they ultimately get placed in the hands of mass murderer s and are the choice for those intent on killing children and shooting into crowds.

They do?

Oh, this is on your check list...

The AR 10 would never be as popular. Sissy boys find the recoil too much to handle. That’s why the. .223 variant is so much more popular. It extends the popularity to under 21 year old juveniles and other sissy boys too afraid to actually enlist.

Were you in the North Korean army?

Did you have a choice in enlisting?

“The AR-15 was developed specifically as a military weapon to replace the M-14. It was probably one of the first major weapons systems to be privately developed following the DOD's decision to privatize the design and development function. This function had heretofore been carried out by publicly funded government operations, most notably, in the case of military small arms, the Springield Arsenal.”
It was never intended for the AR15 to be used by civilians. Article of former Colt engineer ....

That's a lie.

Military weapons ALWAYS have an "M-" designator.

AR15 (no dash) is the designator of the manufacturer, Armalite.

You Nazi lie, about everything, always.

The only reason AR 15s are bought in the quantities they are is that they are identical in look to the "real thing" and, indeed, are the "real thing" save for minor details.
Rights are directly tied to responsibilities. Too many irresponsible people own extremely powerful weapons (and other things, such as cars, for that matter) based on having a "right" without any assurance of being responsible. That has to be addressed.

The only reason AR 15s are bought in the quantities they are is that they are identical in look to the "real thing" and, indeed, are the "real thing" save for minor details.
Rights are directly tied to responsibilities. Too many irresponsible people own extremely powerful weapons (and other things, such as cars, for that matter) based on having a "right" without any assurance of being responsible. That has to be addressed.
Come get them commie. Only thing needing to be addressed is you vermin.

LOL leftist losers.

AR-15 and AK-47 rifle sales surge to 24 million, more than Ford F-150s​

The most popular firearm in America continues to roll out of gun stores in record numbers.

According to new data released on the day a House committee is considering a ban on the gun, the number of AR-15 and AK-47-style "modern sporting rifles" has surged to 24.4 million.

The industry trade group National Shooting Sports Foundation said that is more than all the Ford F-150s on the road. The pickup is America's most popular.

The group said that there have been 4.5 million sold since 2020, when President Joe Biden won in part with a promise to ban the guns, which he and liberals call "assault weapons" because they look — but don't operate — like military rifles.

The semi-automatic guns have been in the media's eye because they have been used in recent mass shootings, and critics believe banning new sales of the guns will somehow end shootings.

However, banning sales clearly will do nothing about the millions of guns already used by people to plink, target shoot, and hunt.

"This is a truly significant figure that demonstrates – again – the popularity of this commonly-owned style of rifle," said NSSF President and CEO Joe Bartozzi. "The firearm industry responds to market demand and this shows that during the elevated period of firearm sales that began in 2020, this particular style of rifle is the top choice for law-abiding citizens for hunting, recreational shooting and self-defense."

According to NSSF, the gun is popular in part due to its "accuracy, reliability, modularity and low recoil."

Some in the media have shifted their focus away from guns to the mental problems many mass shooters suffer from. Even the Associated Press has urged the media to stop calling the rifles "assault weapons," though major outlets, including the Washington Post and USA Today, continue to use the phrase.

M14.jpg

However, banning sales clearly will do nothing about the millions of guns already used by people to plink, target shoot, and hunt.
Doesn’t have to. There are tens of thousands of full autos out there too. Few if any are used in crimes each year. Well written Regulation stopped their frequent use cold.

Doesn’t have to. There are tens of thousands of full autos out there too. Few if any are used in crimes each year. Well written Regulation stopped their frequent use cold.
No liar, making them prohibitively expensive did that. Stop lying ya commie enemy of the state.

Forum List

Back