I read this post on another forum and am interested in feedback based on the Christian Bible

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Regarding the Book of Abraham, read the link:

The Book of Abraham

The term "Mormon" refers to the name of a prophet of God. We do not call ourselves Mormons. That is a name that non-members have used for years as a label. We are members of THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST of Latter-day Saints as revealed by God himself. What is your denomination? Or are you embarrassed to tell me?

Doctrine and Covenants 115:3-4
3 And also unto my faithful servants who are of the high council of my church in Zion, for thus it shall be called, and unto all the elders and people of my Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, scattered abroad in all the world;
4 For thus shall my church be called in the last days, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Do you think the prophet Abraham ever wrote of his own dealings with God?

Probably not.. Abraham was a desert chieftain .. He probably didn't read or write.

LDS is rather ridiculous.

Probably not.. Abraham was a desert chieftain .. He probably didn't read or write.

LDS is rather ridiculous.
But not as ridiculous as the teachings you profess on this board. Your preterist views do not even take into account all that is prophesied by prophets but you leave out much because they don't fit your false narrative. Case in point is when Christ comes again and sets his foot upon the mount of olives and it cleaves in twain and creates a great valley. You always leave that part out and refer to some other valley that was never created the way the prophesy states because it doesn't fit your preterist narrative.

Zechariah 14:1-4

1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

This is how I know that your beliefs are ridiculous. Never yet has the Lord set his feet upon the mount of Olives and the mountain cleaved in two and toward the east and toward the west a VERY GREAT VALLEY was formed. Half of the mountain going toward the north and half of it going toward the south. The prophecy tells of how the valley is created which you always ignore and try to make it fit within some historic narrative which ignores the Lord setting his feet upon the mount and it cleaving in twain.

Jesus records everything, talking through people regarding what people said, and did. A human being cannot do that.

It is all about what happened to people, being drowned. The next time it will be with fire, that will melt the entire earth. Be ready being like Jesus, with how he was with people.

Which prophecy?
You can't be that weak-minded. Without the betrayal, there would have been no savior. He was key in bringing about the prophecy about Jesus. Therefore none of this was his fault, it was preordained. Judas is surely sitting at the right hand of God in heaven in accordance with your beliefs.

You can't be that weak-minded. Without the betrayal, there would have been no savior. He was key in bringing about the prophecy about Jesus. Therefore none of this was his fault, it was preordained. Judas is surely sitting at the right hand of God in heaven in accordance with your beliefs.
I'm sorry, I'm assuming you're a Christian. In the above post it should end, " in accordance with Christian beliefs. "

Just give me the verse of prophecy.. Jesus is never mentioned in the OT.

Just give me the verse of prophecy.. Jesus is never mentioned in the OT.
Didn't know who the Savior was going to be. Just like they don't know the name of the Antichrist. Prophecies about saviors aren't that specific, they can't be in any mythology. That would mean their prophets actually knew the future. Most prophets are false prophets they can't actually travel through time.

Didn't know who the Savior was going to be. Just like they don't know the name of the Antichrist. Prophecies about saviors aren't that specific, they can't be in any mythology. That would mean their prophets actually knew the future. Most prophets are false prophets they can't actually travel through time.

So you call me names and there no specific prophecy about Jesus or Judas.

Jesus is NEVER once prophecied in the old testament.. zilch, zero.

So you call me names and there no specific prophecy about Jesus or Judas.

Jesus is NEVER once prophecied in the old testament.. zilch, zero.
Correct, an unnamed savior was. So what is your point ?

He's asleep in the grave until the Resurrection of the Dead after Christ's return when he will be judged just like all of us.

You should refrain from lecturing others about things you don't understand

The unnamed savior was to be an anointed warrior king who would vanquish the enemies of the Jews.. Jesus was none of that.
And you think I care ? The whole of Christianity was wrought out of the Hebrew tribal religion. This mythology has no real basis in fact.

Lol, more wrong from you.

>>The unnamed savior was to be an anointed warrior king who would vanquish the enemies of the Jews.. Jesus was none of that.<<

What evidence do you have lmao? You are too weak asf.

Forum List

Back