I.Q.

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
There is a great deal of importance and value connected to the concept of intelligence and its various manifestations (artistic, scientific, political, even athletic).

I.Q. (Intelligence Quotient) tests have been used to assign numeric values to an individual's ability to organize and coordinate thoughts efficiently and with precise calculations.

I.Q. tests are not considered as useful now as other standardized and entrance-board exams such as the SAT, GMAT, and the Bar Exam. Nevertheless, they remain great 'society symbols' of 'intelligence metrics,' and people like to randomly know their I.Q. I know, for example, my I.Q. (averaged from two taken tests) is 140 (which is rather high), and I tell people about it if it comes up in conversation.

Modern American films including I.Q. (Meg Ryan) and A Beautiful Mind (Russell Crowe) explore humanity's sensitive exploration of the emotional richness of praising intelligence/imagination socially and culturally.

Storytelling about 'intelligence recognition' therefore signifies our species' awareness of mental mysticism and makes us feel unique in the universe.

How will the Trump Administration cite intelligence in terms of cultural progress (e.g., pro-capitalism sanity)? Since Trump has a pure business background, how will this affect his policies towards 'education dungeons' in this new age of commerce-gauged intelligence and consumer-based imagination?

There are countless education related issues/problems in the modern age pronounced by high traffic, immigration, and multiculturalism! I'd love to see more movies about 'scholastic experiences.'

So here's a short-story I wrote inspired by this new 'theosophical intrigue.'

====

In a quiet town in Massachusetts, a math prodigy (a young American man of 16 years-of-age named Ajay) was working on a theory about an imaginary number-axis that could be used to construct infinite sets of perfectly congruent numbers. He called his sets 'Rational Utopias,' and his work gained the attention of math professors at Harvard and M.I.T. Ajay was unsure if he wanted to attend Harvard (his mother's choice) or M.I.T. (his step-father's choice). What Ajay knew was this theory would change the face of number theory forever.

Ajay decided to go M.I.T., and when he got there, he went right to work and worked/studied like an obsessive man. In his sophomore year, while he had developed his Rational Utopia model rather well, he met a beautiful young female M.I.T. student named Elaine, a chemistry student from California. Elaine found it funny that Ajay grew up and studied in Massachusetts and then decided to attend M.I.T. (a school in his home-state) so he could continue his math theory without much 'distraction.' Ajay liked Elaine's offbeat wisdom.

Ajay and Elaine started dating, and she accepted his proposal of marriage in their senior year at M.I.T. Ajay's thesis was almost complete, and many were buzzing (including his happy professors) that he might gain serious recognition. One night, Elaine was cleaning up the apartment she and Ajay shared late at night (while Ajay was sleeping), and she stumbled upon his opened notes about this 'Rational Utopias' number sets. She noticed the usual expected notations of limits and infinite progressions (and so forth), but she also noticed something else very bizarre: scribbled doodle-drawings of horrible-looking monsters.

Two drawings stood out to Elaine. One was of a brutish ogre-like menacing male humanoid who seemed to signify some representation of intolerable cruelty. The other was of a energized electrified villainous terrorist of some kind who seemed to wield an authority over Mother Nature. Elaine referred to the ogre-brute as 'Non and the electric-terrorist as 'Nuclear Man' (in reference to two super-villains from Superman films). The two 'avatars' started giving Elaine the creeps, so she woke up Ajay to ask him about his demented drawings. Ajay explained the figure Elaine named 'Non' was the Deformer, and the figure she named 'Nuclear Man' was the Deranger.

Ajay explained to his fiancee that the Deformer represented pure anarchy and loss of geometric sanity, while the Deranger represented loss of fitness and nature happiness. Elaine asked Ajay what a 'Deformer' (or perceptual chaos) and a 'Deranger' (or psychic malady) had to do with his number sets of 'Rational Utopias,' and he explained that the two figures (that Elaine named 'Non' and 'Nuclear Man' from the Superman films) were symbols of the unreliability of numbers and mathematics. It was then that Elaine realized that Ajay was losing his mind working on his very eccentric theory and asked him how long it would take to wrap up his thesis to graduate. Ajay told her he needed just two more weeks.

On graduation day, Ajay and Elaine were thrilled to have completed all their work and requirements and celebrated the moment after the ceremony with champagne. Elaine told Ajay she was thrilled he was able to complete his thesis on time so they could graduate and plan their marriage. Ajay replied, "We'll see the parameters of the new social work regarding the applications of my approved and published thesis --- i.e., awards, professorships, etc." Elaine detected a strange tone of arrogance in Ajay's otherwise very down-to-earth voice. She asked him, "Do you think you want to sell your idea of 'Deformer' (Non) and 'Deranger' (Nuclear Man) to cartoonists?" and he eerily replied, "I've already received a anti-Communism marketing deal from the Trump Administration which is investing in political cartoons!"

====

comics4.jpg

IQ is a badge, nothing more. There are successful people on both sides of the scale.

Mine is not bad at all, but I count my Catholic education and the fact that I'm a persistent bastard much higher in terms of my success.

Forum List

Back