Ernie Hudson, actor from "Ghostbusters," and "The Crow.," understands the truth about race....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I liked him in "The Crow." He was a great character who really brought heart to that movie.....I didn't like the GhostBusters movies......I know, that is sacrilegious....but he was great in "The Crow."

Now, he is showing great wisdom and intelligence........

“You know, being a person of African descent anywhere in the world, we’re all just learning how to live together and get along together and realize that we’re all connected,” Hudson said. “And it’s very tempting, sometimes, to blame anything that doesn’t work in your life on racism. But there are a lot of things that play into it. It’s not quite that simple.”

The celeb pointed out that he believes a bigger-name star would have received a higher paycheck regardless of his skin color.

“We can say it’s a racial thing, but I think if Eddie Murphy had played the role I played, he would have been paid very well,” the actor added. “I think studios are in the business of making money, and they pay what they feel they have to.”

Hudson worked on five “Ghostbusters” films, including the original with Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray, released in 1984. The actor said Murray fought for him to have a more prominent role in the 1989 sequel. “[Murray] said he wouldn’t do another one unless I was involved… That doesn’t happen very much in this industry,” he said.

I liked him in "The Crow." He was a great character who really brought heart to that movie.....I didn't like the GhostBusters movies......I know, that is sacrilegious....but he was great in "The Crow."

Now, he is showing great wisdom and intelligence........

“You know, being a person of African descent anywhere in the world, we’re all just learning how to live together and get along together and realize that we’re all connected,” Hudson said. “And it’s very tempting, sometimes, to blame anything that doesn’t work in your life on racism. But there are a lot of things that play into it. It’s not quite that simple.”

The celeb pointed out that he believes a bigger-name star would have received a higher paycheck regardless of his skin color.

“We can say it’s a racial thing, but I think if Eddie Murphy had played the role I played, he would have been paid very well,” the actor added. “I think studios are in the business of making money, and they pay what they feel they have to.”

Hudson worked on five “Ghostbusters” films, including the original with Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray, released in 1984. The actor said Murray fought for him to have a more prominent role in the 1989 sequel. “[Murray] said he wouldn’t do another one unless I was involved… That doesn’t happen very much in this industry,” he said.

Murray for being known as an A-hole in Hollywood manned up and took a stand for Ernie.

I'm old school, I liked him in Going Berzerk with John Candy :)

Of course Eddie Murphy would have been paid more. He was riding high from his comedy specials, had huge Saturday night live reputation, and Beverly hills cop was a huge money maker at the same time. Had nothing to do with race, it had to do with marketing dollars earned by having a big star on there. Just like tom Brady wasn't paid what he was paid because he was white, he was paid what he was paid because he got asses in seats and won Superbowls.

In today's America blacks have nothing to blame on anyone but themselves. No one alive today was a slave or even had a slave grandparent. Everything that happens to blacks now is their own doing and no one else's. And even if racism has prevented from something it's still there fault because they are the reason racism is still alive because they are driving it and making people not like them.

I always liked Ernie Hudson, even in lesser known movies like the substitute. He does a solid job and is interesting to watch. And I like him for the most part becauee he just lives his life and doesn't let racism rule it

Forum List

Back