I predict violence and mayhem...

I'm actually quite happy.
I didn't get any news yesterday, I was out in gale force winds for t-ball and driving like a madman to get there and back all day!

Let Sarah Palin out of the box.
zeus.jpg

Release the crack-hoar!!!

Last edited:
The answer is, we need (we, being the DOJ) to enforce our laws. Illegal immigration is by definition a law violation. The real question is why did the DOJ under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton and Bush II not enforce our laws?
Especially after 9/11 why have we made sure that foreign nationals not been stopped at our borders, and, when contacted/arrested by local agencies not been detained on an illegal entry hold and prosecuted?
The answer is obvious, the R's and D's did not see a political advantage in doing so.
Both benefited from the status quo.
The issue of illegal immigration is not a partisan issue, or, should not be a partisan issue. It is and that sucks. It sucks because the RW is willing to give up some of our liberty for a small amount of security; and the left wing is willing to excuse law violators because they feel it is the right thing to do (or there is an electoral advantage in doing so).
MY opinion is that we are a nation of laws. And the law must be impartial and not used for political advantage.
Wry.....your dancing....if the feds WONT enforce those laws you speak of....WHO is supposed to?.....the States would be the next logical choice.....hey what happened in Arizona was bound to happen without nothing being done at the national level....

thanks for the dance Wry.....

The protests were not about the AZ law - it was the open border crowd and pro-illegal orgs wanting AMNESTY! They just took advantage of so many people being against AZ so they piggy-backed on THEIR protest!!!

Ollie lets be fair here....back in the 50's the number of Illegals was nothing as compared to today....it♠ was quite easy to keep an eye on few hundred thousand as compared with the numbers today,AND they were not spread out like they are now....they for the most part lived in the south west....and the "attitude" was different back then....we actually had leaders that gave a dam about this country....the key word being "LEADERS"....

Eisenhowers Operation Wetback sent 1 million packing. So it may take us longer, It can and should be done.

You are right, we do need leadership.

well my friend i just cant see the "leaders" of today doing what the leaders of yesteryear did....if it happens ill buy you an internet breakfast....:lol:

I'll remind you of that. :beer:

The protests were not about the AZ law - it was the open border crowd and pro-illegal orgs wanting AMNESTY! They just took advantage of so many people being against AZ so they piggy-backed on THEIR protest!!!

Yep and of course the left had to show it's stuff. And yes it was the left, since the Democrat congressman had to get himself arrested during the protest at the White House. Is this any way for a congressman, a law maker, to act?

Guys, come here, and let me let you in on something.

There will be no round up and deportation of millions of illegals ~ not going to happen.

Guys, come here, and let me let you in on something.

There will be no round up and deportation of millions of illegals ~ not going to happen.

Sadly, you're probably right. Our leaders want them here for their own nefarious reasons, they don't care one wit about American citizens.

Ollie, I understand what you mean, but the facts outweight our desires. We have to figure how to make lemonade out of lemons. When Cellar-Hart, a dem bill signed by a Republican pres without screwing down the border, this situation was foretold.

I really do not care how screwed up the situation is. I am a firm believer that we can fix it. And i believe we can fix it without rewarding criminals. And yes illegals are criminals by their very nature. Doesn't matter how long they have been here or even why they are here. I believe that if we had the leadership in Washington that we could and would round em up and ship em home.

Seems like it's going to take another 9-11 or more to get this done.

All we need to do is enforce the existing laws, something the Feds and certain cities and states refuse to do.

50,000 showed up in LA, half the expected crowd. My guess is most were there for the free Gloria Estefan concert.

I would have been there for that. However, that is a much larger turn out than the few hundreds to a couple of thousands normally for the Tea Party actions.

I would have been there for that. However, that is a much larger turn out than the few hundreds to a couple of thousands normally for the Tea Party actions.

True, but the Tea parties are in many more places also.

Excellent point, Ollie. I like much of the Tea Party stuff, as long as they shuff off the losers and extreme wingers who are trying to climb onto that band wagon.

The Tea Party, if it will move to the center with a hardcore plank of (1) small, accountable governments from community to national, and (2) less taxes, will become a real force to reckon with. Not yet, but possibly.

Forum List

Back