I plan on making a pumpkin pie this coming week

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
And I only have a 5 oz can of evap milk and it calls for 12. What can I substitute? I'm gonna make the crust from scratch and I don't wanna just go buy more evap. Wanna see how it comes out. Help.

The local grocery store/bakery here makes pumpkin pies year-round. Top selling pie.

And I only have a 5 oz can of evap milk and it calls for 12. What can I substitute? I'm gonna make the crust from scratch and I don't wanna just go buy more evap. Wanna see how it comes out. Help.

so, you're too fucking cheap to go & buy another fucking can of evap milk?

That is being very conservative.

You can't read a cookbook without thinking politics?

What dogma owns chocolate? What ideology controls dairy products?

WTF dude!!!
Send the Wife to get more evap milk!
And teller she'll like it!!!!.........or else!

Last edited:
  • Banned

WTF dude!!!
She's leaving on a jet plane tomorrow.

WTF dude!!!

And dont know when she'll be back again?

..................Oh babe she hates to go?

WTF dude!!!

She really hates to go.

WTF dude!!!

7 days. Now, what about my pie?

WTF dude!!!

Get your lazy ass off the couch and get some more evap milk!!!

Considering that it's mikey asking the question, can anybody guess what he might use instead?

WTF dude!!!

No I wanna see how it comes out with a sub. After I get back from Love Field.

WTF dude!!!

Have you picked any victims as test dummies?

Dont get carried away caddo.......
Mike knows I'm just jacking with him.

Yes, caddo kid and toro.

505bf695c352a.jpeg

5 oz of whole milk, a tablespoon of melted butter added to your 5 oz. of evaporated milk should do the trick. The good thing about pumpkin pie is you can make it without the crust in the microwave, cut the sugar down a little, increase the spices a little, and you have a really, really good custard with a lot fewer carbohydrates. Or just make it the usual way. I was thinking about making pumpkin custard yesterday. Pumkpkin has a lot of carotinoids (vitamin A precursor), and I'm thinking Lutein and the other good zeaxanthin which is great for the eyes and brain.

5 oz of whole milk, a tablespoon of melted butter added to your 5 oz. of evaporated milk should do the trick. The good thing about pumpkin pie is you can make it without the crust in the microwave, cut the sugar down a little, increase the spices a little, and you have a really, really good custard with a lot fewer carbohydrates. Or just make it the usual way. I was thinking about making pumpkin custard yesterday. Pumkpkin has a lot of carotinoids (vitamin A precursor), and I'm thinking Lutein and the other good zeaxanthin which is great for the eyes and brain.
Thank you!

Forum List

Back