I need advice for a new job to take/ a bidding war is happening for my services..

And
Here is the quick story..if you follow me the past few years you knew I moved state to state..

Today I accepted a job for $25 an hour as a industrial maintenance guy

I had a job as a commercial maintenance guy for $14 an hour and a hotel

$25/hr in NY or California is about equal to $5.00 most everywhere else.....so it depends on many factors
Very smart

Here is the quick story..if you follow me the past few years you knew I moved state to state..

need more details,,, is sex a requirement???

I've never seen a maintenance guy worth 25 an hr

Industrial electricians make something like $42/hour around here. But I agree with you, $25 per is nothing to sneeze at for most people.
42 an hour to change a
Yes his input would be good to hear.

Generally Maint men are abused and underpaid.

That clearer, I try but sometimes it's "in my head" but don't express correctly? I dunno. No biggie really.

No the general manager wants me bad , she is throwing in a hotel room for me now.. room and board

One thing to consider is how many hours a week you are given at each job if the paycheck its self is important enough to you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Not enough info.

An extended stay hotel in Springfield is $250 a week.

25x40=1,000
14x40+250=810

So...if you lived here, you'd come out $190 ahead on a 40 hour week...not including any additional perks if the new job like health insurance, retirement etc.

As the hours decrease, the hotel rooms value being fixed becomes a factor.

At 30 hours per week you're making $760 @ $25/hr and $670 @ $14+room.

Anything below that you're at the break even point.

That's not factoring in commute expenses etc.

And that's for here...your intake/expense circumstances will be different.

Best I can do.

My advice...write your own pro/con list. Avoid bias and be realistic. Add up the costs you will additionally incur and add them to the wages you are currently making, and balance that against the wage and benefits of the new job.

Then go where it is most cost/value advantageous...or ask your current employer to match or come close enough because the current employer is the safer bet.

Last edited:
Update I still don't know..

If I win this one I am definitely writing a book.

Forum List

Back