I need advice for a new job to take/ a bidding war is happening for my services..

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Here is the quick story..if you follow me the past few years you knew I moved state to state..

Today I accepted a job for $25 an hour as a industrial maintenance guy

I had a job as a commercial maintenance guy for $14 an hour and a hotel

Here is the quick story..if you follow me the past few years you knew I moved state to state..

$25/hr in NY or California is about equal to $5.00 most everywhere else.....so it depends on many factors

need more details,,, is sex a requirement???

I've never seen a maintenance guy worth 25 an hr

Industrial electricians make something like $42/hour around here. But I agree with you, $25 per is nothing to sneeze at for most people.

$25/hr in NY or California is about equal to $5.00 most everywhere else.....so it depends on many factors
who in their right mind would live in NYC or Cali,,,

Take the $25/hour job and then find a long-term hotel stay rate or sleep under a bridge until you make enough for a deposit on an apartment. That's like $52,000 per year. What are the benefits like and are they taking out federal taxes?

Oh yeah ????

Take your Chevy to the dealer for some "maintenance"....get back to me ;-)

Then you have never tried doing what they can and do nor have the wide knowledge necessary to do the job.
so far no ones given me that information,,, a maintenance guy for a hotel isnt worth 25 an hr unless he works in a trump hotel,,,

I need more details,,,

Someone has to give you the info? Like what?

Try the job. You have to know every trade at a Journeyman level yet work under their license as a peon for peanuts. I have had many jobs, businesses, (successful, 4 properties in assets and worth far over $1.3m) many years Plant Electrician/Maint, many times union. You ever been on the first floor of a hospital and boss says cut the sewer pipe goes 4 floors up because a clog? I did, it was there after called "the great tampon flood of 1991" Yeah "don't flush tampons" tell a woman that? Right. No kidding, thousands of tampons rained down on me. A week of showers I still wasn't clean and not the only time I had to do that. One of 1 million shitty jobs because someone like you "needs more information" before your worth more than a tampon. You ever stand on top of a 16 foot step ladder changing 8 foot fluorescent bulbs being terrified of heights? Ever replace effluent pumps in a septic on "shit pump fridays" (yeah always friday at 4:30)? Fixed pipes in a crawl space after their septic leaked 6 months? Fix their furnace? Snake their grease cum infested drains then clean and put your snake back? 12 months daily I had to unclog surgery drains. There was a giant hopper (300 bed hosp) They flushed body parts down it, the big ones like legs. Organs and stuff the doctors tried to squish down the sinks breaking the cross. Know how many livers I have had to dig out pipes so they could drain? Nah, didn't think so. Those simple examples are NOTHING what most Maint men deal with daily.

Yeah apartment maint men deal with the same, Just not such a scale,,,,, but they deal with customers and that can be worse than a septic bath!

Last edited:

Then you have never tried doing what they can and do nor have the wide knowledge necessary to do the job.
so far no ones given me that information,,, a maintenance guy for a hotel isnt worth 25 an hr unless he works in a trump hotel,,,

I need more details,,,

Someone has to give you the info? Like what?

Try the job. You have to know every trade at a Journeyman level yet work under their license as a peon for peanuts. I have had many jobs, businesses, (successful, 4 properties worth far over $1m) many years Plant Electrician/Maint, many times union. You ever been on the first floor of a hospital and boss says cut the sewer pipe goes 4 floors up because a clog? I did, it was there after called "the great tampon flood of 1991" A week of showers I still wasn't clean and not the only time I had to do that. One of 1 million shitty jobs. You ever stand on top of a 16 foot step ladder changing 8 foot fluorescent bulbs being terrified of heights? Ever replace effluent pumps in a septic on "shit pump fridays" (yeah always friday at 4:30)? Fixed pipes in a crawl space after their septic leaked 6 months? Nah, didn't think so. Those simple examples are NOTHING what most Maint men deal with daily.

Yeah apartment maint men deal with the same, Just not such a scale,,,,, but they deal with customers and that can be worse than a septic bath!
I should inform you I've been a maintenance guy for over 40 yrs,,, the details matter and he didnt give any,,,

Forum List

Back