I Love Watching Videos Of Horse Shoe Repair

I can watch these videos for an hour or so and never get tired of it.

It's interesting watching a pro shoe a horse properly.

Believe it or not people actually pay on Youtube to watch this stuff.

A farrier that is 'corrective' capable makes a BIG difference for both attitude & physical capability for horses. I could trim them(lumbar out now) but never learned to shoe them, or better said just lack the confidence(nail into white line/lame) those types of fears.

A farrier that is 'corrective' capable makes a BIG difference for both attitude & physical capability for horses. I could trim them(lumbar out now) but never learned to shoe them, or better said just lack the confidence(nail into white line/lame) those types of fears.
Seems you have to build the shoe to fit the horse too.
And nailing them properly takes practice.
It appears the trick is making the hoove fit perfectly flat on the shoe....and that means putting a red-hot shoe on the hoove....and trimming it to fit before nailing it.

In Fort Hood they have the Cavalry's Horse Detachment. They make their own horse shoes, saddles and all the leather accoutrements. One guy makes boots for the Detachment and he will make boots for people who pay as much as $5,000.00 a pair. I go there at least once a year and spend time at the stables.

How much?

I avoid YouTube because with all the DIY vids and product reviews there would keep me online til I passed out every day, many thousands of hours of stuff. I watched some guy in Poland build a reverse off-road trike from scratch the other day, and I have no real interest in those at all, lol.

In Fort Hood they have the Cavalry's Horse Detachment. They make their own horse shoes, saddles and all the leather accoutrements. One guy makes boots for the Detachment and he will make boots for people who pay as much as $5,000.00 a pair. I go there at least once a year and spend time at the stables.
They have 75th Cavalry Regiment here at Ft Campbell.....but they're Airborne. They wear the hats...but I've never seen them riding anything other than Blackhawks and Chinooks. They have a riding stables on post, but the only horses they seem to have there are privately owned animals. I've never seen any Cavalry formations.

Didn't know it was pay for view; I watch them all the time and I pay nothing for them. What is the difference between pay for view and the free stuff?

I avoid YouTube because with all the DIY vids and product reviews there would keep me online til I passed out every day, many thousands of hours of stuff. I watched some guy in Poland build a reverse off-road trike from scratch the other day, and I have no real interest in those at all, lol.
Saw plenty of brown guys cutting a home out of mud, dirt, and water with a swimming pool deep in the forest.

They have 75th Cavalry Regiment here at Ft Campbell.....but they're Airborne. They wear the hats...but I've never seen them riding anything other than Blackhawks and Chinooks. They have a riding stables on post, but the only horses they seem to have there are privately owned animals. I've never seen any Cavalry formations.

Pretty cool stuff. My brother was stationed at Ft. Hood there with 2nd Armored, Artillery Bat. for a few years.

Didn't know it was pay for view; I watch them all the time and I pay nothing for them. What is the difference between pay for view and the free stuff?
I've never paid a subscription either.
I suppose eventually they'll be making them subscription only.
They want us hooked on hooves.

Pretty cool stuff. My brother was stationed at Ft. Hood there with 2nd Armored, Artillery Bat. for a few years.
An interesting fact about the Horse Detachment troopers is that they won't take anyone who is an experienced rider. All the recruits are people who have never ridden horses and train them from the ground up. No ranch hands, cowboys or horse owners are taken. Anyone who is in the area is invited to attend their weekly demonstrations. One of my good friends spent most of his career in the detachment and retired as their First Sergeant.

Seems you have to build the shoe to fit the horse too.
And nailing them properly takes practice.
It appears the trick is making the hoove fit perfectly flat on the shoe....and that means putting a red-hot shoe on the hoove....and trimming it to fit before nailing it.
I fully agree with you on the perfect fit like for us humans if the shoe is not comfortable we don't purchase it so why should a horse not want the same? Yeah, the red hot & forming is out of my skill range for sure. Those drafts are simply awesome!

Forum List

Back