I learned today that a guy I knew for a very long time is actually envious....

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Let me tell my American friends, don't take on the characteristics of Canadians. I'm a bit shocked to be honest.

It is ironic that he would be envious of my long past experiences when he has done so much better than I have due to circumstances in this broke province. Anyone else part ways with an old friend for silly, unforeseen reasons?

Don't be petty people. Live a righteous life of character.. You can be imperfect, but don't be jealous or petty. Build people up, don't tear them down.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Let me tell my American friends, don't take on the characteristics of Canadians. I'm a bit shocked to be honest.

It is ironic that he would be envious of my long past experiences when he has done so much better than I have due to circumstances in this broke province. Anyone else part ways with an old friend for silly, unforeseen reasons?

Don't be petty people. Live a righteous life of character.. You can be imperfect, but don't be jealous or petty. Build people up, don't tear them down.

Thank you.

Grass is always greener syndrome. I have people tell me how jealous they are I have travelled to so many places. 90% of those were hellish trips. I am the world's grumpiest traveler. I told my wife I will go to Ireland one more time and after that, she is flying alone if she thinks I am going anywhere with her.

Grass is always greener syndrome. I have people tell me how jealous they are I have travelled to so many places. 90% of those were hellish trips. I am the world's grumpiest traveler. I told my wife I will go to Ireland one more time and after that, she is flying alone if she thinks I am going anywhere with her.
Well this went beyond envy. He was outright telling lies to me, some of them vicioius. It was quite a strange interaction actually as I've known this guy for a long time and risked my own ass for his family at times in the past. .When I told him I might move to the States after I sell my home, he started to suggest that America was in decline and I would suffee here. It was as if he didn't look around in Canada and see the sharp decline and massive debt issues people have.

Thank you.

Well, most humans are what they are for biological reasons. A lot of the jealousy and hatred is really just a survival instinct, we are, after all, just animals.

Well, most humans are what they are for biological reasons. A lot of the jealousy and hatred is really just a survival instinct, we are, after all, just animals.
Animals with a spirit and God to guide us. We instinctively know this. Some just deny this spiritual instinct as an excuse to be evil. I place courage and character above all else. I care little for what you have, but, I measure people on how they use their resources (if in abundance), how you treat others.

Animals with a spirit and God to guide us. We instinctively know this. Some just deny this spiritual instinct as an excuse to be evil. I place courage and character above all else. I care little for what you have, but, I measure people on how they use their resources (if in abundance), how you treat others.

You "instinctively know this", but you can't prove it, and it doesn't really make sense.

1) because humans end up doing the same things all the time, just like animals. We're born with genes, we're born with INSTINCTS, as you said, and these instincts are usually what drive us, rather than us thinking for ourselves.

2) because if you look at explosions, you can figure out what happened at the explosion, by seeing what is left over. The MA flight that got shot down over the Ukraine, they could tell what weapon shot it down, by examining the fragments.
The Big Bang (assuming it existed) would have been the same. If we took EVERYTHING in the universe (impossible, but hey) we could work back and see how it happened.

3) Figure out why you do things.
Nurture v. nature.
Nurture is what people did to you. A teacher said this, a doctor said that, a friend said the other. They all did this based on their own nature v. nurture and the people who nurtured them were nurtured by people who were nurtured and back and back and back until time immemorial.
Nature are your genes, clearly they go back to time immemorial too. You parents gave you genes which were given them.

The reality is EVERYTHING IS INEVITABLE. One thing that is inevitable is that humans have a survival instinct and part of that is to think that everything isn't inevitable and that we have control of ourselves.

Another seems to be the creation of fantasy worlds, to hide from reality, the more complex we become, the more we need fantasy worlds. We also feel the need to be in control. Creating a God in which we can dance, sacrifice, pray to, in order for us to have an impact on the weather, on other people and so on, it's just a need to be in control.

Sniveller is here again with another sanctimonious diatribe on self love and a re-affirmation of his own imagined correctness of all things past , present and future . Our small riposte to Hitlery Clitoris .

Well this went beyond envy. He was outright telling lies to me, some of them vicioius. It was quite a strange interaction actually as I've known this guy for a long time and risked my own ass for his family at times in the past. .When I told him I might move to the States after I sell my home, he started to suggest that America was in decline and I would suffee here. It was as if he didn't look around in Canada and see the sharp decline and massive debt issues people have.

America is fine. Our politicians on both sides are currently batshit crazy but the fundamentals are okay. I suggest if you find a small city or town that is bigger city adjacent you can get the best of both worlds if you move to the US. You will have access to the bigger city things like airports without as pressing bigger city problems. Bonus points if it is in the southeastern US.

America is fine. Our politicians on both sides are currently batshit crazy but the fundamentals are okay. I suggest if you find a small city or town that is bigger city adjacent you can get the best of both worlds if you move to the US. You will have access to the bigger city things like airports without as pressing bigger city problems. Bonus points if it is in the southeastern US.
The discussion I had.with.my so-called friend reinforced my opinion of Canadians. We have sadly become a nation of dishonest liars who Americans must NOT emulate. If you inherit the characteristics of citizens that come with a creepy, covert soclalist system as.we.have in Ontaeio, you will lose your soul. My citizens don't even believe they have a soul nor are there consequences for trying to destroy others.

The discussion I had.with.my so-called friend reinforced my opinion of Canadians. We have sadly become a nation of dishonest liars who Americans must NOT emulate. If you inherit the characteristics of citizens that come with a creepy, covert soclalist system as.we.have in Ontaeio, you will lose your soul. My citizens don't even believe they have a soul nor are there consequences for trying to destroy others.

Half of you are British Lite and Half of you are French Lite. You never need to fear that America will emulate you.

Half of you are British Lite and Half of you are French Lite. You never need to fear that America will emulate you.
I'm not so sure about that last assertion. Be it in your nations policies or some of the chasms on both sides (a Canadian tradition) in the posters on here, you are becoming more and more like us. Possibly without even knowing it.

I'm not so sure about that last assertion. Be it in your nations policies or some of the chasms on both sides (a Canadian tradition) in the posters on here, you are becoming more and more like us. Possibly without even knowing it.

Assez drôle. C'est impossible, mon compagnon. I.M.P.O.S.S.I.B.L.E.

Merica, damn it, will never give up its real bacon.

He lies to me. Boo hoo hoo.
Well beyond lies. He is a viper who has been dishonest for decades and seems to want to help the cult out. I knew some of this deception but this last interaction exposed much more dishonesty and blantant insults to my intelligence.

Most Canadians I have met while traveling are even less informed than their "progressive" American counterparts. They believe whatever their government tells them and simply repeat politically correct phrases when asked their opinions. Is this a holdover from their obeisant response to international terrorism, or is it from a longer history of being second-class British subjects?

They are especially touchy about the Quebec issue, since ridding themselves of that French Connection would leave them with little claim to being a serious country (other than not being Americans).

Forum List

Back