I just now heard Hillary's speech at some Catholic gathering.

Oh and that woman in the red needs a fucking bra. It's a religious gathering for fucks sake.

That's Maria Bartiromo from Fox business news....what the hell is the matter with you?
The only video I saw at the time was on YouTube and it never really showed her face. Mostly from the nose down. She never struck me as the rich snob she portrayed herself as last night.

Trump was funnier and his delivery was better, but he got some good ones in, too. I laughed out loud!

He said that Hillary and he had been civil to each other tonight. She bumped into him, and said "Pardon me." He said, "Talk to me after I am president."

Another funny, "Michelle made a speech and everyone loved it. Melania gives the same speech and she gets raked for it!"

It would be worth your while to see the video.
That all seems VERY inappropriate to me for a religious charity dinner. Just more proof that our civility is no more

It's actually a 50-year old tradition, since Kennedy and Nixon spoke there in 1960. It's a fun dinner that raises millions of dollars for Catholic Charities, and is almost always the last time both candidates appear on stage together before the election. It's traditional for the candidates to "roast" each other and themselves in their speeches. It's generally light-hearted and funny event, in a similar vein as the White House Correspondent's dinner.

Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation Dinner - Wikipedia
Didn't look lighthearted to me. Hillary was particularly nasty.

Not as nasty as Trump. He's the first person to ever receive boos at that event.
Of course he was booed...from NBC ABC MSNBC WASHINGTON POST....

:lol:

Are you perhaps confusing the Al Smith dinner with the Correspondents dinner?

That wasn't press booing Trump, it was the white-collar Catholic Charities donors.

Even Cardinal Dolan seemed embarrassed for Trump .

Oh and that woman in the red needs a fucking bra. It's a religious gathering for fucks sake.

That's Maria Bartiromo from Fox business news....what the hell is the matter with you?
The only video I saw at the time was on YouTube and it never really showed her face. Mostly from the nose down. She never struck me as the rich snob she portrayed herself as last night.

I noticed that too...they showed all of her during the Trump segment....she's an AWESOME looking woman.

00ff9dd9b5be4c1bcea5fc7fb7c9261e.jpg

Granted I have not heard Trump's but what a nasty bitch she is.
Seriously?
Seriously

The rich and connected rejoice at the denigration of our political discourse in this country. It gives them even more power behind the scenes as you are played for a puppet.

I saw more of it after creating this thread and they all looked like a bunch of porcelain gods up on their pedestals laughing at despicable behavior at a RELIGIOUS event.
I guess you didn't bother listen to Donald at the Al Smith dinner yesterday.
Btw, this is a presidential election year tradition.

Seriously?
Seriously

The rich and connected rejoice at the denigration of our political discourse in this country. It gives them even more power behind the scenes as you are played for a puppet.

I saw more of it after creating this thread and they all looked like a bunch of porcelain gods up on their pedestals laughing at despicable behavior at a RELIGIOUS event.

It's not a "religious" event, it's a fundraiser for a charity that happens to be run by the Catholic Church.

Trump pulled a punch. The DNC planned on occupy the church with activists taking over and vandalizing churches the way parks were occupied.

He should have mentioned that.

Seriously?
Seriously

I guess you didn't bother listen to Donald at the Al Smith dinner yesterday.
Btw, this is a presidential election year tradition.
I was getting ready for bed when I saw Hillary. Today I've seen clips of Trump and my feelings on the event are no different.
I have no problem with how the rich make their money or how much they have but when they act like masters of the world I just want to fucking puke.

Maybe if you don't understand the context of the Al Smith dinner you should shut up and educate yourself.
The context? Is this the same excuse I'll get when I point out the filth that is modern rap?

It's my opinion. Don't like it find the ignore button

Maybe if you don't understand the context of the Al Smith dinner you should shut up and educate yourself.
The context? Is this the same excuse I'll get when I point out the filth that is modern rap?

It's not modern rap, it's a dinner that presidential candidates have been attending and roasting each other for over 50 years. You keep talking about how old you are but you never know anything.

Neither Trump nor Hillary can consider comedy their strong point
Obama, Bush and Bill Clinton were much more spontaneous and natural at it

But as usual, Hillary showed she prepared more than Trump. Hillary knew her speech and had obviously practiced it. While still somewhat strained, she managed to pull off not just the jokes but the timing. Her Statue of Liberty joke and Rudy Giuliani jab was priceless

Trump was a trainwreck. Reading directly from his notes and rarely looking up. He had no clue on how to work the audience. Trumps jokes at the start were a little stale.......Pardon me? get it "Pardon" but at least they were legitimate attempts at jokes. By the end he reverted back to Nasty Donald with blatant Hillary attacks that were no longer even phrased as jokes. Hillary hates Catholics to a Catholic crowd. Joking about a natural disaster in Haiti. No wonder he was booed

But as usual, Hillary showed she prepared more than Trump. Hillary knew her speech and had obviously practiced it. While still somewhat strained, she managed to pull off not just the jokes but the timing. Her Statue of Liberty joke and Rudy Giuliani jab was priceless

Trump was a trainwreck. Reading directly from his notes and rarely looking up. He had no clue on how to work the audience. Trumps jokes at the start were a little stale.......Pardon me? get it "Pardon" but at least they were legitimate attempts at jokes. By the end he reverted back to Nasty Donald with blatant Hillary attacks that were no longer even phrased as jokes. Hillary hates Catholics to a Catholic crowd. Joking about a natural disaster in Haiti. No wonder he was booed

I was watching the NY Times live stream before they gave their speeches and Trump was reading and rereading his speech while Clinton was enjoying her dinner.

It's not modern rap, it's a dinner that presidential candidates have been attending and roasting each other for over 50 years. You keep talking about how old you are but you never know anything.
I keep talking about how old is am? :cuckoo:
The age of the event is not relevant to the vile content contained in the event.

You assholes always bitch about politicians not acting in a certain way then wonder why our discourse has ended up where it is.

Trump SMOKED her....she got off a couple delayed-reaction lines but then she turned into the shrew she is behind the scenes. She's a hateful old bitch who wants the WH as a trophy to match Willy. She belongs in a federal prison and so does he.

He got booed, she did not.

If she were a man you'd love it.

A few of Clinton’s zingers:

• “Getting through these three debates with Donald has to count as a miracle.”
  • “Trump looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a 4.”
  • “I have now stood next to Donald Trump for longer than any of his campaign managers.”
  • “Donald is as healthy as a horse. You know, the one Vladimir Putin rides around on.”
  • “How is Barack going to get past the Muslim ban?”
  • “Donald thought I used some sort of performance enhancer [during the debates]. Actually I did. It’s called preparation.”
  • “Donald will tell us after the benediction whether he accepts this dinner is over. He has to wait and see.”

• “I have now stood next to Donald Trump for longer than any of his campaign managers.”
  • “Donald is as healthy as a horse. You know, the one Vladimir Putin rides around on.”
  • “Donald thought I used some sort of performance enhancer [during the debates]. Actually I did. It’s called preparation.”
  • “Donald will tell us after the benediction whether he accepts this dinner is over. He has to wait and see.”

It's called Preparation H!

Couldn’t call me a racist because she wasn't obama so you default to the sexist card.

You liberals are so predictable

You are delusional. Crooked Hillary has zero talent. The Donald is fucking hilarious. Obama/Bush/Slick Willie were talentless douchebags. You are a clueless neocon. And after The Donald wins will you still post here you fucking nutcase?

I keep talking about how old is am? :cuckoo:
The age of the event is not relevant to the vile content contained in the event.

You assholes always bitch about politicians not acting in a certain way then wonder why our discourse has ended up where it is.

Vile? What exactly was vile that Clinton said?

The Al Smith dinner is a chance to demonstrate that candidates can laugh about themselves and each other, it's not intended to be taken seriously. Look up McCain and Obama's or Romney and Obama's dinners. It's a fun event. Other than when Trump forgot what a joke is and took it a little too serious.

Relax, not everything is a battle.

Forum List

Back