I just don't believe Kareem Abdul-Jabbar could write this.

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
A few years ago, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, wrote an opinion article that was given national attention that let me know that he was contributing to the Los Angeles Times on a regular basis. I consider myself a self-taught writer and because I have a background in art school, I am not afraid to critique other people's work. The editorial written by Jabbar was very impressive, as is this example.

I competed on Jeopardy! in seasons 11 and 15 as well as in the Million Dollar Celebrity Invitational tournament in season 26 and Power Players Week in season 28. I was happy to have a platform to show America that athletes were more than just moving body parts and that we were knowledgeable about much more than sports stats. I hope that my appearances, along with athletes like Reggie Jackson, Martina Navratilova and Aaron Rodgers, elevated the image of athletes and contributed to people taking their voices more seriously when they spoke out about social justice.

But I have difficulty believing that it is his work because his speaking at the Democrat National Convention, three minutes, was disappointing - it seemed like he did not know his own words.

But as he revealed in this editorial about Jeopardy, he was a contestant!!!

A quick review of the excerpts on YouTube reveals that they obviously directed categories to him; "Lakers," and "UCLA," were subjects in his appearances that I saw - and he missed the answers (question).

Anyway, if he was so familiar with Jeopardy production, why did he not see the "rotten root"?

Last edited:
A few years ago, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, wrote an opinion article that was given national attention that let me know that he was contributing to the Los Angeles Times on a regular basis. I consider myself a self-taught writer and because I have a background in art school, I am not afraid to critique other people's work. The editorial written by Jabbar was very impressive, as is this example.

But I have difficulty believing that it is his work because his speaking at the Democrat National Convention, three minutes, was disappointing - it seemed like he did not know his own words.

But as he revealed in this editorial about Jeopardy, he was a contestant!!!

A quick review of the excerpts on YouTube reveals that they obviously directed categories to him; "Lakers," and "UCLA," were subjects in his appearances that I saw - and he missed the answers (question).

He should stick to the Sky Hook

If the producers of Jeopardy insist on an African American host, they need to reach out to Steve Harvey- who has excelled at a similar program and has a tremendous sense of humor.

How about making Mike Tyson the new host for the program?

Jeopardy has always been considered to "intellectual" for so many, and bringing in the common man to read the answers would allow the program to reach out to a new audience.

Forum List

Back