Zone1 I have to confess I have sinned in some things I've said at usmb

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022
I was looking through a small booklet the other day that explained different sins, which Commandments they violate, and how we need to recall all our sins as best we can when we go to confession. one of the sins mentioned was ridiculing people. Guilty.

True, it was just dims-- who are totally ridicule-worthy, but --sigh-- I agree that that is a sin. I knew that b4 I ridiculed anyone but seeing it in print made me .. um.. feel bad about it.

So I will try not to ridicule dims or anyone else anymore. I see Failure ahead but.. I can try.

Here is something worse, though: The Church is so messed up and priests are so... wow.. just fill in the blanks there!

that I do not want to go to confession for this or any of my sins.

Sad.. what has happened to a once so beautiful Church

Sad and disgusting

I was looking through a small booklet the other day that explained different sins, which Commandments they violate, and how we need to recall all our sins as best we can when we go to confession. one of the sins mentioned was ridiculing people. Guilty.

True, it was just dims-- who are totally ridicule-worthy, but --sigh-- I agree that that is a sin. I knew that b4 I ridiculed anyone but seeing it in print made me .. um.. feel bad about it.

So I will try not to ridicule dims or anyone else anymore. I see Failure ahead but.. I can try.

Here is something worse, though: The Church is so messed up and priests are so... wow.. just fill in the blanks there!

Sad and disgusting

Sad and disgusting

The Babylon Bee is a Christian satire site that openly mocks and ridicules "woke" culture, liberal hypocrisy, and deceit. Those things are the Pharisees of our time.

The Christians Who Mock Wokeness for a Living

As Jesus mocked the hypocrites of his day, I would have to say that He doesn't have a problem with his followers mocking the hypocrites and Caesars of our own time.

God does after all, have a sense of humor. Why else would He have created Islam 800 years later, and Mormonism even later?

When you spend time in a place where so many people think that it's okay to sexually mutilate children, kill children and steal from hard working Americans to give to lazy losers and criminals who are here illegally, it becomes a sacred duty to give them hell.

I think they're demons, many of them, and I don't think it's a sin to grapple with a demon.

Sad and disgusting
Your imaginary play shouldn't get you so worked up

Sad and disgusting

Ridiculing democrats is a virtue, not a sin.

Sad and disgusting
How do you know the "small booklet" was an official sin classification book? Maybe it was just somebody making stuff up?

At least AGW believers haven't spent millenia raping children and murdering innocents in the name of a primitive fantasy based on nothing but imagination
You might want to recheck that.

Raping children is kind of standard for pagan religions - and forbidden by Christianity.

So is child and infant sacrifice - which is so deeply loved by democrats.

Sad and disgusting

best to burn the offending booklet, the commandments referred to are the sins of the desert religions made by them and is their dissolution from the heavens for their own particular self interest used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

sad and disgusting - all three desert religions. and their minions - 2020.

The Babylon Bee is a Christian satire site that openly mocks and ridicules "woke" culture, liberal hypocrisy, and deceit. Those things are the Pharisees of our time.

The Christians Who Mock Wokeness for a Living

As Jesus mocked the hypocrites of his day, I would have to say that He doesn't have a problem with his followers mocking the hypocrites and Caesars of our own time.

God does after all, have a sense of humor. Why else would He have created Islam 800 years later, and Mormonism even later?
well, from what I know about Islam and mormonism... God is not exactly laughing, esp RE the former that produced ISIS

but I do agree that my sin is not the worst I could be guilty of, assuming that can be inferred from your post. You say that it is OK to mock the "leaders" of our day.. Well, thanks for the Go-ahead!

I was hoping someone would say that!

(kidding.. sort of)

best to burn the offending booklet, the commandments referred to are the sins of the desert religions made by them and is their dissolution from the heavens for their own particular self interest used to persecute and victimize the innocent.

sad and disgusting - all three desert religions. and their minions - 2020.
this makes no sense to me

anyone else?

How do you know the "small booklet" was an official sin classification book? Maybe it was just somebody making stuff up?
well, since Vatican II happened, I can see your point.

But this was a very Catholic sounding booklet so I found it valid. The Church b4 Vatican II was valid. Thank God for Levebvre and Co.. who made sure the Original Church survived in its pristine form

I do not want to go to confession for this or any of my sins.
At the beginning of each Mass we confess to one another that we have sinned, and we ask and pray for forgiveness.

Have you stopped saying this prayer because of your current sentiments about the Church and priests?

At the beginning of each Mass we confess to one another that we have sinned, and we ask and pray for forgiveness.

Have you stopped saying this prayer because of your current sentiments about the Church and priests?
No, and as long as my sins are venial, I am not required by Mother Church to go to confession. However, I used to go often for venial sins. Today.. things have retro-gressed in the Church to the point, i just don't feel like confessing to a priest. I havn't met one whom I feel is... well, the word that comes to me at this time is: priest-like. Priests used to be ... I dunno.. Catholic?

yeh, that..

Forum List

Back