I guess the Second Amendment is Being Re-Written

Ahem.

Five key words you liberals seem to routinely miss:

"The right of the people"

Which is an all inclusive phrase, which means that in order to have a militia, every citizen must have a right to bear arms, not just the militia.
Where's the damn militia? Where's the 'well regulated' part? All I see is men who still love to play Army like little boys or who have deluded themselves into thinking that they will be able to make a stand against either a crazed gunman in a theater or the United States Armed forces. What I do not see is anything that meets the threshold of 'well regulated' or 'militia'.

If you're going all in in defending the 2nd amendment, go all in on the totality of the amendment.

You're angry. And an easy debate opponent.

The rights of the people, key words "the people" to bear arms cannot be regulated. Unless these "men who still love to play Army like little boys" go on a mass shooting spree, their rights to bear arms are not to be infringed.

And your evidence:

The Militia Act of 1792 and Title 10 Section 311 of the United States Code.

Militia organizations in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your Wikipedia entry described the Timothy McVeigh brand of militias. If that serves as your cover for 'well regulated militias', I suggest that it does not make the best defense.

Put quite bluntly, Common Core sucks. Doesn't matter where the material comes from.

You don't know anything about it. Why are you expressing such a strong opinion?

I know plenty about it. It has children in tears and parents absolutely miffed. It takes time tested practices and turns them into the stuff that physics majors can't even understand. Not to mention it is a government initiative.

Plus, the way I express my opinions is none of your concern, likewise as to what subject my opinions pertain to are also not subject to your purview.

None of those things are true. That's the problem.

Common Core is NOT a "government initiative". It isn't making any children cry, it's very easy to understand, and most parents who are "miffed" about it are as uninformed as to what it is as you clearly are.

Just tell me the children aren't being indoctrinated in our public schools.
Common Core is the villain in our schools as it ends up.
Just dummy down the children to be raised as mindless liberal minions.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

View attachment 30170
Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

"Common Core" doesn't make textbooks.

Common Core are testing standards, not curriculums or textbooks or anything else like that.

Textbooks that have the words "Common Core" on them are made by private textbook companies who are claiming to meet the Common Core standards, not "official" textbooks that anyone is being forced to use.

Put quite bluntly, Common Core sucks. Doesn't matter where the material comes from.

Why?

What "sucks" about Common Core? Be specific.

You don't know anything about it. Why are you expressing such a strong opinion?

I know plenty about it. It has children in tears and parents absolutely miffed. It takes time tested practices and turns them into the stuff that physics majors can't even understand. Not to mention it is a government initiative.

Plus, the way I express my opinions is none of your concern, likewise as to what subject my opinions pertain to are also not subject to your purview.

Like I thought. You know nothing about it.

And you are clearly concerned with how I view your posts. You are in need of validation......and you'll gladly accept it from anyone.

Hey old man...NONE of Your business who and what is in my well regulated militia. That information stays within my own community. We'll use whatever means necessary to keep this country Free. Or die trying.

There is Not a single word in the constitution about registering anything. People like me still believe in the Constitution. Something you're so willing to throw away.

I have a well regulated militia standing with me while we bitterly cling to our guns and religion...
Loser..Go Get a Job ~~~ You're spending way too much time spewing bullshit around here :D:D

We are talking about a well regulated militia who can secure a free state......not a bunch of rednecks playing army on the weekends
Exactly Asshole....
We actually have classes here that teach how to create a community group. Those classes are taught by county sheriffs and law enforcement.
We're not stupid enough to be waiting around for the government to arrive....Because they are Not Coming!!

Our Sheriffs were the 1st to come out and say they would NOT comply with any gun regulation or registration.

Cliven Bundy.....is that you?

Common Core are testing standards, not curriculums or textbooks or anything else like that.

Textbooks that have the words "Common Core" on them are made by private textbook companies who are claiming to meet the Common Core standards, not "official" textbooks that anyone is being forced to use.

Why?

What "sucks" about Common Core? Be specific.

He simply does not gave an answer to that question.

Yeah and I have mine that I looked up to. My, how the times have changed.

No. You have changed. You couldn't hold a candle to dozens of teachers who have influenced our kids over the past 20 years. They are bright, hardworking and, most of all, dedicated to their craft. We owe them a great deal.

When I went to school there wasn't a teachers union influencing the teachers as it is today.
So stick your "no you have changed" up your ass.
Yes there are good ones but, there are lousy ones who can't get fired too.
Teachers do influence children, I can't remember any trying to influence me politically as they are doing today.

Sure some did, and no, today, it is certainly not as bad as you suggest.

None of the Common Core opponents here can discuss its intent, its history, and is real problems and real successes. Fact.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

View attachment 30170
Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

Yet, there it is.
Forced or not, this shouldn't have even been available for print, Doc.

Are you advocating censorship?

Government is responsible for the militia, per the Constitution

Article I Section 8 To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

Article II Section 2. The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States;

Second Amendment: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The Bunkerville "militia" was neither convened by constitutional procedure and was not officered by constitutional procedure. In fact it was provoking its own insurrection.

Be glad BHO was president. Bush or Clinton would have ordered their destruction.

Ahem.

Which is an all inclusive phrase, which means that in order to have a militia, every citizen must have a right to bear arms, not just the militia.
Where's the damn militia? Where's the 'well regulated' part? All I see is men who still love to play Army like little boys or who have deluded themselves into thinking that they will be able to make a stand against either a crazed gunman in a theater or the United States Armed forces. What I do not see is anything that meets the threshold of 'well regulated' or 'militia'.

If you're going all in in defending the 2nd amendment, go all in on the totality of the amendment.

You're angry. And an easy debate opponent.

The rights of the people, key words "the people" to bear arms cannot be regulated. Unless these "men who still love to play Army like little boys" go on a mass shooting spree, their rights to bear arms are not to be infringed.

And your evidence:

The Militia Act of 1792 and Title 10 Section 311 of the United States Code.

Militia organizations in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What is that supposed to mean, cannot be regulated?

You know what you should do. Is to find out which corporation is making the Common Core Tests.
Send them your b*tch.
Then maybe see how much money this private company is making while "indoctrinating" students.
Then send them your b*tch!

View attachment 30170

Last edited:
We need our militias to ensure the security of a free state. Regstration does not infringe. Registration allows us to regulate our militias. Who has guns, how many, how much ammo, what type.

You miss the main reason why Jefferson wrote the 2nd Amendment in the first place. It's a protection against a rogue government. It's a check/balance to a tyrannical government. So, if our government was to ever be silly enough to stray too far from its Constitutional mandate and beyond its scope of power a well regulated, citizen militia is there to remind it of its "place."

Nobody misses that.

Straying from the Constitution takes time. Enough time for you to go to get your gun out of your locked cabinet. You don't need to carry it with you to Starbucks in order to stop a rogue government.

I won't tell you what you need and you don't tell me what I need. Like it or not I have a God given right to self defense whether that be in my backyard, at the local mall, or at Starbucks.

Carl Derek Havord Cooper told investigators that he shot the manager of a Starbucks coffee shop in July 1997 because she refused to give him the keys to a safe that held more than $10,000 in cash.

He demanded the keys, but Mary Caitrin Mahoney said no, according to Cooper's account. He fired a warning shot into the ceiling. Mahoney ran into the hall. Cooper caught her and wrestled her for the keys. She resisted, and he shot her dead.
Washingtonpost.com: Police Say Starbucks Suspect Described Killings

We need our militias to ensure the security of a free state. Regstration does not infringe. Registration allows us to regulate our militias. Who has guns, how many, how much ammo, what type.

You miss the main reason why Jefferson wrote the 2nd Amendment in the first place. It's a protection against a rogue government. It's a check/balance to a tyrannical government. So, if our government was to ever be silly enough to stray too far from its Constitutional mandate and beyond its scope of power a well regulated, citizen militia is there to remind it of its "place."

Nobody misses that.

Straying from the Constitution takes time. Enough time for you to go to get your gun out of your locked cabinet. You don't need to carry it with you to Starbucks in order to stop a rogue government.

No Just criminals like YOU.

If the text was supposed to be on the Second Amendment (whoever printed it), why was there any need to alter the words?
It was printed to be used....no doubt about that.
There are areas in the US that would use it because the schools do have agendas.

Indeed. Just look at the amount of dumbasses they churn out? There's a plethora of them on these boards. (And they're on the left).

Nobody misses that.

No Just criminals like YOU.

tough man thomas is here..everyone back away!

Common Core teaching standards are falsifying nothing about the 2d Amendment.

This is a non-issue.

Unrealistic student expectations are a real issue.
Can you not read, dumbass?

He can read the obvious misrepresentations in that text segment and spin like a top.. :badgrin:

I happen to agree that this has nothing really to do with "Common Core" per se. But it is REAL and disgusting. But that's just the normal regional/state boards that cause shit like that.

I've skimmed the Common Core requirements and NOWHERE do give specific interpretations of the class material. This idiocy was there all the time..

That's not a well regulated militia. It's guys with guns who go out for pancakes after the 'thrill' of shooting.

Ahem.

Where's the damn militia? Where's the 'well regulated' part?
The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
As such, your questions are rooted in iignorance and/or dishonesty.
Please tell us which.

Forum List

Back