I guess the Second Amendment is Being Re-Written

I did. See previous post.
I repeat: Where's the damn militia?

Arming everyone serves the gun manufacturers well, endangers the general population and runs counter to those of us who wish to live gun free, hence gun violence free. We don't want our children to accidentally shoot themselves. We don't want the liability of having a deadly weapon in our households. Some of you gun nuts have had 'pleasant' experiences with guns, some of us have not. Please allow us who wish to rid our lives and our households of the danger of deadly weapons to do just that. In the meantime, show me a 'well regulated militia' as opposed to hicks with guns having 'fun'.
no body is forcing you to own a gun....
You can, however, bet the farm that should the federal government do so- else you be taxed - they would yell and scream and cry.
Out othe other side of their mouth, they'd support Obamacare's individual mandate.

Where's the damn militia? Where's the 'well regulated' part? All I see is men who still love to play Army like little boys or who have deluded themselves into thinking that they will be able to make a stand against either a crazed gunman in a theater or the United States Armed forces. What I do not see is anything that meets the threshold of 'well regulated' or 'militia'.

If you're going all in in defending the 2nd amendment, go all in on the totality of the amendment.

You're angry. And an easy debate opponent.

The rights of the people, key words "the people" to bear arms cannot be regulated. Unless these "men who still love to play Army like little boys" go on a mass shooting spree, their rights to bear arms are not to be infringed.

And your evidence:

The Militia Act of 1792 and Title 10 Section 311 of the United States Code.

Militia organizations in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Your Wikipedia entry described the Timothy McVeigh brand of militias. If that serves as your cover for 'well regulated militias', I suggest that it does not make the best defense.

You insisted there were no militias. Perhaps if you scrolled to the bottom where the list is, you would see my argument wasn't about Timothy McVeigh.

If all you can do is cherry pick my links, that itself does not make a good defense.

[
thats an excuse Doc.....California has always given a dam big portion of the budget to Education.....over 50%.....that cant be the only reason....

chart

Proposition 98 requires a minimum percentage of the state budget to be spent on K-14 education, guaranteeing an annual increase in education in the California budget. As a result of Proposition 98, a minimum of 40% of California's general fund spending is mandated to be spent on education and the actual percentage of the general fund spent on education is over 50%.[3][4]

Thats from Wiki on Prop 98.. Wouldnt be the first time voters in Cali did not get what they expected. So either the morons in charge have subverted the will of the people, or that chart is simply wrong.... I left that sideshow, so I dont really care...

[
thats an excuse Doc.....California has always given a dam big portion of the budget to Education.....over 50%.....that cant be the only reason....

chart

what i was thinking of was that about 53% of the general fund is spent on Education....so around 53% of the States expenditures goes to Education...and there is the so called Lottery funds too....so California spends a lot of money on Education and it is near the bottom....

Last edited:
Just tell me the children aren't being indoctrinated in our public schools.
Common Core is the villain in our schools as it ends up.
Just dummy down the children to be raised as mindless liberal minions.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

View attachment 30170
Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

Ah yes, according to the Second Amendment Wingnuts, everybody has a right to their own nukes. You guys are truly around the bend.

It has already been established that the govenment has the right to restrict the ownership of certain kinds of weapons. Given some of the horrors we have seen perpetrated with the assualt weapons, the ownership of those will eventually be restricted.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

View attachment 30170
Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

Ah yes, according to the Second Amendment Wingnuts, everybody has a right to their own nukes. You guys are truly around the bend.

It has already been established that the govenment has the right to restrict the ownership of certain kinds of weapons. Given some of the horrors we have seen perpetrated with the assualt weapons, the ownership of those will eventually be restricted.
I know this is three tiers above your network, but...if your going to teach students the Second Amendment....you should use the ACTUAL wording of the amendment.
It really seems you're the one "around the bend".

View attachment 30170

Dont need nukes, but I demand a battleship. Same kind of combat vessel that privateers used in the 18th century with the full blessings of Washington. Gonna go blow me up some Somali pirates and then demand the full surrender of France. A heavy cruiser with conventional cruise missiles ought to do it...

Ah yes, according to the Second Amendment Wingnuts, everybody has a right to their own nukes.

:eek:

Your source must be impeccable for you to believe that special little dollop of stupid.

:cuckoo:

Actually not.

We recently had a rightwing extremists start a thread on this very forum making the ignorant and incorrect ‘argument’ that the Second Amendment right was ‘absolute,’ when as a fact of Constitutional case law it is not.

View attachment 30170
Ah yes, according to the Second Amendment Wingnuts, everybody has a right to their own nukes...
...Given some of the horrors we have seen perpetrated with the assualt weapons
Sad that you have to lie in order to make your point.
Expected, but sad.

Ah yes, according to the Second Amendment Wingnuts, everybody has a right to their own nukes.

:eek:

Your source must be impeccable for you to believe that special little dollop of stupid.

:cuckoo:

Actually not.

We recently had a rightwing extremists start a thread on this very forum making the ignorant and incorrect ‘argument’ that the Second Amendment right was ‘absolute,’ when as a fact of Constitutional case law it is not.
Is that position more or less ignorant/dishonest than the interpretation of the 2nd described in the OP?

The instances of those presentments is far outnumbered by left-wing extremists arguing that the 2nd Amendment only secures the right of states to form, organize and direct their official militias, protecting them from federal interference and that the 2nd Amendment affords zero protection for the rights of private individual citizens.

While your example pushes the protection sphere beyond its legal boundaries, at least the argument for what entity is protected, (private citizens), is correct.

The leftist "militia right" / "state's right" interpretations are wrong on multiple planes and were only inserted in the federal courts (in 1942) to oppose / defeat / ignore the SCOTUS interpretation of the 2nd Amendment in Miller. Those theories have no legal existence doing what they claim to do . . . (protecting state militia powers from federal interference) . . . Thus those interpretations have zero relationship with any legal doctrine or process or holding in actual action.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back