I guess the Second Amendment is Being Re-Written

Just tell me the children aren't being indoctrinated in our public schools.
Common Core is the villain in our schools as it ends up.
Just dummy down the children to be raised as mindless liberal minions.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution reads: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

The Common Core teaching materials in this textbook define the Second Amendment like this:

“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

View attachment 30170
Common Core Textbooks Teaching Lies About The 2nd Amendment | The Federalist Papers

Can you provide a link to the teaching materials which state this, please? He says "in this textbook". What textbook?

Thanks ahead of time.

1) By teaching them how to hit their target.
2) By teaching them who their target is -- "enemies foreign AND domestic."
3) By teaching them that their domestic enemies are working towards abolishing their Constitutional rights.

Does that help?

Have a nice day - domestic enemies.

Now you are talking. We also have to identify "them" so we know who is in our well regulated militia.

A thorough gun registration is essential to a second amendment

Hey old man...NONE of Your business who and what is in my well regulated militia. That information stays within my own community. We'll use whatever means necessary to keep this country Free. Or die trying.

There is Not a single word in the constitution about registering anything. People like me still believe in the Constitution. Something you're so willing to throw away.

I have a well regulated militia standing with me while we bitterly cling to our guns and religion...
Loser..Go Get a Job ~~~ You're spending way too much time spewing bullshit around here :D:D

Nonsense.

The Constitution exists only in the context of its case law, including the Second Amendment, where the courts have held that registration is in fact Constitutional; we may disagree with this, but it's a fact of law nonetheless.

I have found a photo of one page of the textbook. There is no indication of what grade level it is for, and there is no indication if the Bill of Rights is written out anywhere else in the book.

Here is the photo:
http://gopthedailydose.com/wp-conte...nt-constitution-bill-rights-marxism-obama.jpg

It clearlys does say, "“This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison.”

But it does not stop there, as the nutjobs would have you believe.

It goes on to say, "The founding fathers included this amendment to prevent the United States from acting like the British who had tried to take weapons away from the colonists."

This is almost the same as what Sarah Palin so badly bungled when talking about Paul Revere.

There is also a cartoon on the page in which one man is saying to another, "Ralph, I didn't know you were a "gunslinger". To which Ralph replies, "I'm not, but I have the right to protect my home."

It does not get more right wing than that! That is exactly how a conservative responds to accusations of being "gunslingers".

The dog chimes in, "Sounds constitutional to me."

This is obviously an explanation of the Second Amendment, not a verbatim text of it. And the explanation chimes with the conservative position.

So once again, the hysterical got it wrong.

Last edited:
"Common Core" doesn't make textbooks.

Common Core are testing standards, not curriculums or textbooks or anything else like that.

Textbooks that have the words "Common Core" on them are made by private textbook companies who are claiming to meet the Common Core standards, not "official" textbooks that anyone is being forced to use.

but what if they are being used?.....is that right?....should it be allowed?...

If they are being used, take it up with the school board that chose to use them.

"Allowed" is a silly way to word it. On whose authority should they be disallowed?

We live in a (mostly) free market economy. Publishers can print whatever they want in their textbooks, and if school boards buy them, then they make money. If not, they don't.

probably the same people who would allow it to be used.....the school board like you said in the beginning....and Doc....i might be dumb,but i aint so dumb that i would not put it past the Far Right and Left to sneak a book like this one or another into a grade school class somewhere where they have people like themselves on the school board....

Last edited:
As I have proved time and again in other Common Core topics, the Right was completely behind Common Core. Right up until the second the Obama Administration endorsed it. Then, in true Orwellian fashion, some of the more retarded kneejerk assholes suddenly declared, "We have always been at war with the Common Core."

44 states enacted Common Core. 44 STATES. That means RED states.

Jan Brewer supported Common Core. Bobby Jindal supported Common Core. Jeb Bush supported Common Core. Mike Huckabee supported Common Core.

Common Core standards were established by the states, NOT the federal government. Common Core was paid for by the states, NOT the federal government.

It does not get more right wing that that, you stupid, stupid, stupid idiots.

Turns out this book is not a Common Core book. It is described as a workbook written and published by two former teachers at Grant Middle School in Springfield, IL.

School says it will edit workbook that misrepresents 2A after defending it - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

According to the article, the Personnel Dept. at the school says they will change it "if and when".

But the school Superintendent, Bob Hill, is now weaseling like crazy. He's now saying that “no place in the book does it portray that that is the Second Amendment"... even though the book actually says, "This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison."

As the article describes, Hill said that several parents have asked him to remove the book, “which I’ve told them I wouldn’t do.”

The good news is, the two teachers who wrote the lies in the book, are now "former Grant Middle School teachers".

Two teachers down, one Superintendent to go.

Office contact information for Superintendent Bob Hill, and for the Sprengfield Il Public Schools Board of Education, are listed here:
Common Core workbook teaches 2nd Amendment pertains only to REGISTERED arms |

but what if they are being used?.....is that right?....should it be allowed?...

If they are being used, take it up with the school board that chose to use them.

"Allowed" is a silly way to word it. On whose authority should they be disallowed?

We live in a (mostly) free market economy. Publishers can print whatever they want in their textbooks, and if school boards buy them, then they make money. If not, they don't.

probably the same people who would allow it to be used.....the school board like you said in the beginning....and Doc....i might be dumb,but i aint so dumb that i would not put it past the Far Right and Left to sneak a book like this one or another into a grade school class somewhere where they have people like themselves on the school board....

If any school board is stupid enough to use a book like this, that's on them. If parents don't pay attention to this shit, it's their own damn faults. Anyone can show up to a school board meeting and have their voice heard.

I was speaking in a more general sense - as it, there's no governing body that controls what textbooks school boards are "allowed" to use.

you mean women should stay home and out of the workplace?

lol... why? you can't manage to be an effective parent if you work?

and somehow that is "keeping kids from being indoctrinated by fascist drones?"

personally, I don't know what you're talking about. I managed to keep my son from having his morals distorted by rightwingnut loons. quite happily, I might add.
Easy to do with a left nut loon for a mother :lol::lol::lol:

except no.... if you weren't a wacko, you'd know that my politics aren't extreme. in fact, 52% of this country voted the way I did in the last two presidential elections. but then again, you don't know anything about my politics other than I think rightwingnuts are ignorant twits.

but then again, rightwingnuts think anyone to the left of atilla the hun is a leftwingnut.

you're welcome.

and for the rightwingnuts... this isn't 1950 and no one wants to go back there except for you wingers.

that's why you're not "conservatives". you're radical rabid reactionaries
Actually, you are a leftwing loon, Jillian...hardcore I might add.
The re election of Obama is not the litmus test for a left or right nut. It's all your other leftwing wackjob posts on this sight that puts you in that category. Embrace it, you've earned it. :eusa_whistle:

We KNOW that 'common core' does not print the textbooks... what needs to be knows is if this MEETS THE STANDARD... if this MEETS THE STANDARD, the standard needs to be thrown away

Common Core doesn't have "standards" for American History. Just Math and English.

The comprehensive ignorance of most conservatives comes as no surprise.

Unfortunately that's true.

Our family lives in a small home out in the country. It's a sacrifice we're willing to make to keep our kids from being indoctrinated by fascist drones.

But how terribly sad that many parents don't make the sacrifice. But I think they cannot pay their bills, if they did, it is a catch 22

personally, I don't know what you're talking about. I managed to keep my son from having his morals distorted by rightwingnut loons. quite happily, I might add.

its fun watching their arguments. They dont want to pay people a decent wage, but they want to cry about how one parent should be home to teach. They literally argue against their own policies.

except no.... if you weren't a wacko, you'd know that my politics aren't extreme. in fact, 52% of this country voted the way I did in the last two presidential elections. but then again, you don't know anything about my politics other than I think rightwingnuts are ignorant twits.

but then again, rightwingnuts think anyone to the left of atilla the hun is a leftwingnut.

you're welcome.

and for the rightwingnuts... this isn't 1950 and no one wants to go back there except for you wingers.

You can NEG rep me all day & night...it'll never change the facts..
You're a left wing hack with nothing better to do than call me ugly names...& send me neg rep.... LOSER ~
:lol::lol::lol:

Turns out this book is not a Common Core book. It is described as a workbook written and published by two former teachers at Grant Middle School in Springfield, IL.

School says it will edit workbook that misrepresents 2A after defending it - National Policy & Issues | Examiner.com

According to the article, the Personnel Dept. at the school says they will change it "if and when".

But the school Superintendent, Bob Hill, is now weaseling like crazy. He's now saying that “no place in the book does it portray that that is the Second Amendment"... even though the book actually says, "This amendment states that people have the right to certain weapons, providing that they register them and they have not been in prison."

As the article describes, Hill said that several parents have asked him to remove the book, “which I’ve told them I wouldn’t do.”

The good news is, the two teachers who wrote the lies in the book, are now "former Grant Middle School teachers".

Office contact information for Superintendent Bob Hill, and for the Sprengfield Il Public Schools Board of Education, are listed here:

Interesting find....it figures that two teachers concocted the wording.
That's typical with liberal public schools these days.

Last edited:

you're welcome.

You can NEG rep me all day & night...it'll never change the facts..
You're a left wing hack with nothing better to do than call me ugly names...& send me neg rep.... LOSER ~
:lol::lol::lol:

LOL...

That bed wetting skank neged me to.

I love getting under the skin of these parasites.

Why Liberals Should Thank Justice Scalia for Gun Control - NationalJournal.com
Scalia told Fox News that the Second Amendment “undoubtedly” permits some restrictions on firearms.

Look at the syllabus of the Court’s brief that he wrote:

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. [United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons.

:eusa_clap:

Last edited:

Both of you are imbeciles. How about retracting your comments?

Just about every honest, successful American can point to a teacher or several teachers as being a huge part of what made them successful.

As I have proved time and again in other Common Core topics, the Right was completely behind Common Core. Right up until the second the Obama Administration endorsed it. Then, in true Orwellian fashion, some of the more retarded kneejerk assholes suddenly declared, "We have always been at war with the Common Core."

44 states enacted Common Core. 44 STATES. That means RED states.

Jan Brewer supported Common Core. Bobby Jindal supported Common Core. Jeb Bush supported Common Core. Mike Huckabee supported Common Core.

Common Core standards were established by the states, NOT the federal government. Common Core was paid for by the states, NOT the federal government.

It does not get more right wing that that, you stupid, stupid, stupid idiots.

^ that

Just about every honest, successful American can point to a teacher or several teachers as being a huge part of what made them successful.

Yeah and I have mine that I looked up to. My, how the times have changed.

Anecdotal evidence? :eusa_eh: Put that broad brush of yours down :eusa_hand: There are plenty of good teachers out there.

No. You have changed. You couldn't hold a candle to dozens of teachers who have influenced our kids over the past 20 years. They are bright, hardworking and, most of all, dedicated to their craft. We owe them a great deal.

Forum List

Back