I found this article on Ann Coulter interesting

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
Ann Coulter, used to be pure Maga, now simply Conservative. It is interesting how firebrand Maga-People, can see the light, retaining their conservatism, but no longer on the Trump Train. I have read her, off and on for years, even in her Pro-Trump devotion period, as she is often insightful. I found this an appealing article, and it gives hope, actual conservative Republicans can come around to accepting facts and logic, again.

I can agree w/her article's title...

26gs7fLOYbSGbBSN2.webp

Ann Coulter, used to be pure Maga, now simply Conservative. It is interesting how firebrand Maga-People, can see the light, retaining their conservatism, but no longer on the Trump Train. I have read her, off and on for years, even in her Pro-Trump devotion period, as she is often insightful. I found this an appealing article, and it gives hope, actual conservative Republicans can come around to accepting facts and logic, again.

Coulter always had a tiny bit of sense buried deep down in her evil soul. That's why Bill Maher was friends with her.

I am pro Trump. I am a conservative.

I see nothing wrong with “MAGA” since all it posits is a desire to reclaim some of our lost or diminished greatness.

I can agree w/her article's title...

26gs7fLOYbSGbBSN2.webp
I certainly could not use that as a title here for a thread, or quote it, as part of my personal commentary in an OP Thread Post. That would be immediately on the chopping block as overtly inflammatory. The Daily Beast is well read and often quoted or linked. The title is not what appealed to me, and is not something I would put forth as a position to advocate for.

I certainly could not use that as a title here for a thread, or quote it, as part of my personal commentary in an OP Thread Post. That would be immediately on the chopping block as overtly inflammatory. The Daily Beast is well read and often quoted or linked. The title is not what appealed to me, and is not something I would put forth as a position to advocate for.
I kid, I kid, of course.

If she didn't want her party to be consumed by a hate filled charlatan, why did she spend her career convincing her party to be consumed by hate filled charlatans?

I am pro Trump. I am a conservative.

I see nothing wrong with “MAGA” since all it posits is a desire to reclaim some of our lost or diminished greatness.
The movement, has gone beyond the catch phrase. Catch phrases are always cheesy, in that the phrase itself is usually nothing any sane person could not agree with, but now it encompasses some unsavory (to say the least) associations, and a devotion to somebody of known major flaws, in character, as well as a willingness to turn against constitutional historic norms, long supported by Republicans and Democrats allike. It reminds me of BLM. Nobody could argue with the phrase, though the reality of what many of that movement support vs what they ignore completely has often become an abomination and nothing more than money raising lip service.

Ann was never infatuated with Trump. What set her apart from almost everybody was that she predicted Trump's win in the 2016 Republican primaries, and gave him better than even odds of winning the White House. The videos of her making that prediction on Maher's show are priceless. After Trump was elected, she was always very critical of Trump's half-measures on immigration, failing to get the wall built when he had the majorities to get it funded fully.

Her political instincts are impeccable, and she now foresees that Trump simply cannot win - in a year when Republicans are facing the worst president of the past hundred years, whom NOBODY likes. As she says, if Trump is not taken out the whole fucking country is doomed. We will never have another competitive Presidential election.

BTW, MAGA is bigger than Trump. It needs a new standard-bearer. DeSantis should have characterized his campaign as "Running to be Plan B," in the event Trump quits or is DQ'd. Haley is committing political suicide, and accomplishing nothing. A pox on her house.

Coulter hasn't been with Trump for several years.

She's a fake.

That's why nobody wants her opinion anymore.

If she didn't want her party to be consumed by a hate filled charlatan, why did she spend her career convincing her party to be consumed by hate filled charlatans?
I have no problem with conservatism, and she is a conservative. Like anybody that makes their living from the printed word, she has pushed some points to the point of absurdity, it is true. Still she is, like I said, often insightful.

Ann was never infatuated with Trump. What set her apart from almost everybody was that she predicted Trump's win in the 2016 Republican primaries, and gave him better than even odds of winning the White House. The videos of her making that prediction on Maher's show are priceless. After Trump was elected, she was always very critical of Trump's half-measures on immigration, failing to get the wall built when he had the majorities to get it funded fully.

Her political instincts are impeccable, and she now foresees that Trump simply cannot win - in a year when Republicans are facing the worst president of the past hundred years, whom NOBODY likes. As she says, if Trump is not taken out the whole fucking country is doomed. We will never have another competitive Presidential election.

BTW, MAGA is bigger than Trump. It needs a new standard-bearer. DeSantis should have characterized his campaign as "Running to be Plan B," in the event Trump quits or is DQ'd. Haley is committing political suicide, and accomplishing nothing. A pox on her house.
Can you define Trumpism?

Coulter hasn't been with Trump for several years.

She's a fake.

That's why nobody wants her opinion anymore.
Not being with Trump does not make you a fake. Bill Buckley or Ronald Reagan, probably would not support Trump, either. Though, that firebrand is hardly a Buckley or Reagan, either.

"Clinging to their guns and Bibles" and "Basket full of deplorables" isn't hate filled rhetoric of charlatan(s). ???
Yet "Make America Great Again" is !!!

And you all wonder why the political extremes fail to find compromise. :rolleyes:

The movement, has gone beyond the catch phrase. Catch phrases are always cheesy, in that the phrase itself is usually nothing any sane person could not agree with, but now it encompasses some unsavory (to say the least) associations, and a devotion to somebody of known major flaws, in character, as well as a willingness to turn against constitutional historic norms, long supported by Republicans and Democrats allike. It reminds me of BLM. Nobody could argue with the phrase, though the reality of what many of that movement support vs what they ignore completely has often become an abomination and nothing more than money raising lip service.
Blather.

The catch phrase is innocuous at worst. But, the meaning behind it is and has always been clear. Put it this way:

Who the fuck wouldn’t want to make us a “more perfect union?”

White: I get it. You dislike Trump on multiple levels for a variety of reasons. And you know what? That’s fine. Don’t vote for him. Advocate for some other candidate. It’s all good.

While I recognize that, like all other humans, Trump has his faults and foibles, I do support Trump. And I happen to believe that the best way for the GOP to reclaim a bit of its bona fides is for the electorate to get behind Trump and put into office the most stalwart true conservative Republicans we can get.

Last edited:
Blather.

The catch phrase is innocuous at worst. Hit the meaning behind not is and has always been clear. Put it this way:

Who the fuck wouldn’t want to make us a “more perfect union?”

White: I get it. You dislike Trump on multiple levels for a variety of reasons. And you know what? That’s fine. Don’t vote for him. Advocate for some other candidate. It’s all good.

While I recognize that, like all other humans, Trump has his faults and foibles, I do support Trump. And I happen to believe that the best way for the GOP to reclaim a bit of its bona fides is for the electorate to get behind Trump and put into office the most stalwart true conservative Republicans we can get.
Obviously, though I disagree with your bottom line, I support your right to your opinion. I disagree with her on the extent of some of her positions, also. Like I said, in light of how the phrase has been sold and what it has come to mean, it reminds me of BLM.

Forum List

Back