I Find Drone Strikes Intellectually Unsatisfying.

Dayton3

Gold Member
May 3, 2009
While I support the drone strike today that killed the ISIS-k "planner" and I really don't like endangering our military people, I find killing our enemies with a drone strike intellectually unsatisfying.

Someone suggested that I should've said "intellectually" instead of "emotionally"

While I support the drone strike today that killed the ISIS-k "planner" and I really don't like endangering our military people, I find killing our enemies with a drone strike intellectually unsatisfying.

Someone suggested that I should've said "intellectually" instead of "emotionally"
I do as well. You should see the whites of their eyes as you kill them.

Satisfying you intellectually is not one of the goals. It is really more about killing the enemy without risk of American lives. That is pretty satisfying. Get your priorities straight.

I am bothered by the overall quality of the video. I have been told, for the past 30 years, that our satellites can 'count your fillings from space'.

However, every time I watch our brave warriors of freedom vaporize 'evil doers' it looks like it was filmed through a vaseline covered potato.

Especially having been privy to German, and RAF vidja footage...I can say without a doubt, our quality sucks ass.

A Drone strike is extremely precise and guards against civilian casualties...you can get close enough to use smaller targeted weapons....

I do as well. You should see the whites of their eyes as you kill them.
A Drone strike is extremely precise and guards against civilian casualties...you can get close enough to use smaller targeted weapons....

How does a drone strike guard against civilian casualties.?

Satisfying you intellectually is not one of the goals. It is really more about killing the enemy without risk of American lives. That is pretty satisfying. Get your priorities straight.

Bad idea.
when there is no risk, you have not earned anything.
Then is it just technology you bought, that anyone can buy.
And that is bound to backfire.
There is no way for anyone to defend against drone strikes, and anyone can buy drones.
Drones are terribly dishonorable, and will result in the US getting attacked even more.
They won't make us safer, but far less safe.
That is the lesson we should have learned from 9/11.
It appears we have learned nothing, and the lesson will have to be repeated over and over until we get it.

When we use weapons that require no skill or risk, like a drone, all we do is prove to the world how dishonorable we are.

Bad idea.
when there is no risk, you have not earned anything.
Then is it just technology you bought, that anyone can buy.
And that is bound to backfire.
There is no way for anyone to defend against drone strikes, and anyone can buy drones.
Drones are terribly dishonorable, and will result in the US getting attacked even more.
They won't make us safer, but far less safe.
That is the lesson we should have learned from 9/11.
It appears we have learned nothing, and the lesson will have to be repeated over and over until we get it.
I don't remember you protesting when Trump killed that asshole Iranian General by remote control. I am pretty sure it took that player off the board. Sometime removing a specific player from the board is the whole objective of the mission for a variety of reasons. Mission Accomplished. It is perfectly honorable. Most things are fair in war. In gulf war-1 Abrams tanks engage and made 1st round kills against Iraqi tanks that could not even engage fire a round and to reach, much less impact the tank that killed them. Are you going to say that is dishonorable? Grow up. The object is to kill or destroy the enemy's ability to carry on the fight, not trading volleys out in the open. That crap went out with the revolutionary war.

I don't remember you protesting when Trump killed that asshole Iranian General by remote control. I am pretty sure it took that player off the board. Sometime removing a specific player from the board is the whole objective of the mission for a variety of reasons. Mission Accomplished. It is perfectly honorable. Most things are fair in war. In gulf war-1 Abrams tanks engage and made 1st round kills against Iraqi tanks that could not even engage fire a round and to reach, much less impact the tank that killed them. Are you going to say that is dishonorable? Grow up. The object is to kill or destroy the enemy's ability to carry on the fight, not trading volleys out in the open. That crap went out with the revolutionary war.

Yes, I most certainly was entirely against the murder of Gen. Qasem Soleimani.
I just blame the Israelis more than I blame Trump for that unethical murder.
It was NOT an accomplished mission, and all it did was to alienate Iran even more.
Which we will pay for eventually.
It was totally and completely dishonorable.

You still obviously do not get it.
The point is not just that Soleimani should not have been murdered, since he had done nothing illegal, but that this illegal act eliminates any concept of "rule of law", and instead makes the entire world run under the values of "might makes right", so we are back under feudalism.
And we will pay for that and lose, not only because the rest of the world is larger than us and getting tired of us, but because ANYONE with a $200 drone can easily assassinate anyone in the US they would care to.
It does not require million dollar cruise missiles.

Bullshit.....that's a damn lie....

They mostly target buildings or cars, which always means innocent collateral damage, but has turned out be much worse that that.
Often cars are used by family members, so it often women and children we end up targeting.

They mostly target buildings or cars, which always means innocent collateral damage, but has turned out be much worse that that.
Often cars are used by family members, so it often women and children we end up targeting.
You don't know what you are talking about...I was attached to a field Drone platoon....

Forum List

Back