I finally tried my first pickled eggs today!

Feeding Crows

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2021
I wasn't fancy, i used the remaining liquid of my garlic pickles, and I let three sit for a week in the pickle juice.. I'm just trying to check it out!

It was good! I think i can add some more spices, but it was good. I'd rather just do a deviled egg, or just put hot sauce on it, but it was definitely different and good.

My dad used to get a local bar to save him the Penrose pickled sausage jar with the brine still in it. It made the best pickled eggs.....The jar was about three times bigger than this one.

0002620039330_A

They now make pickled eggs too in the same brine.

I definitely liked it. I would like to try it made by a professional. I'm going to try it again. I only gave it a week.

My dad used to get a local bar to save him the Penrose pickled sausage jar with the brine still in it. It made the best pickled eggs.....The jar was about three times bigger than this one.

0002620039330_A

They now make pickled eggs too in the same brine.
that actually looks very good!

that actually looks very good!

They are very good.

As for pickled eggs, we always do our own. We do the beet juice version with pickling spices, a little more than half vinegar, and then the beet juice and water for the rest. Pop in the fridge for a few weeks and you have yourself some fine pickled eggs.

I have tried to do the Asian soy pickled eggs. All I can say about them is DO NOT. They are nasty.

I used the juice from the garlic pickle jar and I added smoked paprika for color, extra garlic, and a lot of black and red pepper, some cumin (i'm cuban i have to add cumin to everything), oh and oregano... i think that's it. It was really good. I'm going to try adding beet juice to the mixture. I love beets! Maybe I'll add some soy sauce too, but it was actually salty enough. I'll keep experimenting!

I made them for my dad many times. boiled eggs , mild peppers, yellow onion, and white vinegar. let it set in the fridge for about 3 days to let the flavors mix into the eggs. serve with Ritz Crackers and cold Budweiser. My dad's favorite snack.

Forum List

Back