Croissant ham and cheese bake

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Cut up croissants, dip in savory seasoned egg wash (eggs beaten with a little milk, salt, pepper, garlic) put them into ungreased pan as this recipe is high fat anyway.
Fold sliced deli ham in half, then in half again and tuck in between the bread with edges up. Slice up swiss cheese and stick between as well. Pour remaining egg mixture over.
Now the recipe I followed said to melt butter with honey and rosemary and pour that over the top. Before or after cooking, I don't know.. I forgot to add it.
I'm going to add just a little rosemary the next time.

I served this for brunch on Christmas Eve and it was a hit.

Attachments

• 20231224_123537.jpg
    20231224_123537.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 5
I fixed this yesterday evening for supper from left-over mashed potatoes.....I served it with some fried honey-baked ham slices and fried apples.....Yummy!

I've got so I can adjust the amount of flour depending on how much left-over mashed taters are left-over to warm over.....I fry them in bacon grease. ;)

I fixed this yesterday evening for supper from left-over mashed potatoes.....I served it with some fried honey-baked ham slices and fried apples.....Yummy!

I've got so I can adjust the amount of flour depending on how much left-over mashed taters are left-over to warm over.....I fry them in bacon grease. ;)

I've never had potato pancakes with cheese, they sound yummy.
My potato pancakes are just shredded potato, egg, salt, pepper and a few tbsp of flour.
Served with sour cream, applesauce and chopped green onion.

Cut up croissants, dip in savory seasoned egg wash (eggs beaten with a little milk, salt, pepper, garlic) put them into ungreased pan as this recipe is high fat anyway.
Fold sliced deli ham in half, then in half again and tuck in between the bread with edges up. Slice up swiss cheese and stick between as well. Pour remaining egg mixture over.
Now the recipe I followed said to melt butter with honey and rosemary and pour that over the top. Before or after cooking, I don't know.. I forgot to add it.
I'm going to add just a little rosemary the next time.

I served this for brunch on Christmas Eve and it was a hit.
fine!

Forum List

Back