Air Fryer, Anyone?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
Two Christmases ago, my Mom got me an air fryer:

61MX2Su6rqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I hadn't used it, and my brother asked if he and his girlfriend could borrow it. Sure, what the Hell? He took it to her house and I forgot about it. Not long ago I decided I'd give it a whirl and, hey, could he please bring it back?

Last week I did up some chicken breasts. I did a light Teriyaki marinade, with some garlic, pepper and salt, and loaded it up. Nine minutes on one side, flipped 'em over and nine minutes on the other.

Holy Mother of God.

I don't mean to pat myself on the back too much, but it may have been some of the best chicken I've ever had. I'm off to Publix here in a little bit to pick up some more chicken, and my smokin' hot Purto Rican girlfriend wants to do up some filets later this week.

Any one have any good air fryer recipes, or even just marinade recipes?

Two Christmases ago, my Mom got me an air fryer:

61MX2Su6rqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I hadn't used it, and my brother asked if he and his girlfriend could borrow it. Sure, what the Hell? He took it to her house and I forgot about it. Not long ago I decided I'd give it a whirl and, hey, could he please bring it back?

Last week I did up some chicken breasts. I did a light Teriyaki marinade, with some garlic, pepper and salt, and loaded it up. Nine minutes on one side, flipped 'em over and nine minutes on the other.

Holy Mother of God.

I don't mean to pat myself on the back too much, but it may have been some of the best chicken I've ever had. I'm off to Publix here in a little bit to pick up some more chicken, and my smokin' hot Purto Rican girlfriend wants to do up some filets later this week.

Any one have any good air fryer recipes, or even just marinade recipes?

Cornflake Chicken

Add two eggs, beaten and 1 cup of milk to a mixing bowl along with 1tsp of salt. pepper and dried cilantro. Add 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice to the egg and milk.

Crush half a box of quality cornflake cereal in large zip lock bag.

Slice three large, thawed chicken breasts in half lengthwise.

Thoroughly dunk each chicken breast slice in the milk/egg mixture before dropping them one at a time in the zip lock bag full of crushed cornflakes. Make sure each chicken breast slice is completely coated in cornflake.

Fry until golden brown.

I use the same recipe for flounder, walleye and blue fish fillets but with cornmeal substituted for the crushed cornflakes and two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice. You can also make coconut shrimp using the cornflake method with the addition of shredded coconut to the cornflake mix.

I've been using my Oven/Air Fryer lately to cook and eat healthier. I air fried some chicken breasts today. My mother has a similar oven/air fryer and we have been using it for many of our meals. She is elderly with a heart condition and diabetic, so I am checking on her most everyday, We usually have our evening meal together. Recently I have found some lightly breaded flounder fillets that are great air fried.

I don't have any specific recipes; I can of make it up as I go and I usually keep things simple, That being said, I'm sure there are tons of recipes on youtube. Sometimes I check them out myself. The type of air fryer I use is shown below.

1655063845200.png

One easy meal to prepare is this:
1655064346977.png

1655064394111.png

I can air fry them for about 20 minutes and it comes out yummy.

Air Frying is better than grilling because it is faster and easier.
And, you don't have to stand outside in the heat and mosquitos.

Air Frying is better than grilling because it is faster and easier.
I agree with the faster and easier part. Some things are as simple as setting the temperature and timer and waiting on the bell to ring when finished. My air fryer oven uses a wire basket to air fry things in, so I've found that I don't even have to flip food over mid way through.

I use the hell out of my air fryer.

The other day I did up some deer back-strap (that's tenderloin for you non hunting types) and it was very good.

I can't wait to see how squirrel turns out. :)

Here's some chicken I cooked up last week. This sat in a real light teriyaki/garlic marinade for a few hours.

Sooooo fuckin' good...

286387953_10229546821717107_3580148468608000445_n.jpg
285633909_10229546859598054_70304667657177859_n.jpg

286725092_10229546870838335_2781340132786253178_n.jpg

I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to try this machine out. I've got some more chicken for tonight; coated with olive oil with some garlic salt. I've got a nice filet mignon in the fridge which I'll likely do up tomorrow. I just want to find a good recipe for it. I'd hate to fuck up a $20 piece of meat...

I'm thinking of doing a barbeque marinade on the chicken tomorrow night...

Holy Mother of God.
Yep, same, although I do chicken wings. I never ate chicken wings until I got an air fryer, now I eat them all the time. So, so, easy to make, and so easy to clean up afterwards.

Sometimes all you need to come up with a "new" product... is a catchy name.
"Air frying" is nothing new. All it is, is a small convection oven.
Many people have ovens with convection, but have no idea what it is. And the funny part - they buy an "air fryer" and say wow! this is awesome.
When they had one in their kitchen for years.

Forum List

Back