‘I Feel Sorry for Americans’: A Baffled World Watches the U.S.

From Myanmar to Canada, people are asking: How did a superpower allow itself to be felled by a virus? And why won’t the president commit to a peaceful transition of power?

It's astonishing to me how few people in this country realize this. It's even more astonishing to me how many of those few.. realize it.. yet deny it to help them sleep at night.

Even with the white washed history we get shipped in schools as kids, it's relatively easy to put the pieces together, if you care to see them.

I havent been affected one bit by the virus.
And those who have live in liberal shitholes.

That’s because red states have gone back to work, while people in NY are still hiding in their basements. The cases are all mild and aren’t killing any of the working class age groups. You fucking idiots act like it’s going to kill you. It has a survival rate of 99.997% for young adults. So unless you’re an 80 year old with several medical conditions, life goes on.

Yeah say that to the families of the dead 200,000 Americans.
Oh come on diseases attack us every day and many kill more than the virus hoax did.

Many lives could have been saved if Trump was honest about what he knew about the virus like he admitted on the Woodward tapes. Trump lied, people died. The end
Awwwwk Wacko Libber Polly wanna cracker awwwwk!

Immature at best
Awwwwk! Libber Polly parroting the wacko talking points awwwk!
Well the rabid Marxist Left wingers use the term "woke" once they drink their cool aid, So perhaps those that acutally think for themselves should be referred to as "at least half way intelligent"

From Myanmar to Canada, people are asking: How did a superpower allow itself to be felled by a virus? And why won’t the president commit to a peaceful transition of power?

It's astonishing to me how few people in this country realize this. It's even more astonishing to me how many of those few.. realize it.. yet deny it to help them sleep at night.

Even with the white washed history we get shipped in schools as kids, it's relatively easy to put the pieces together, if you care to see them.
I think they know this is temporary. A last gasp of the part of the country that feels it's being left behind.

Which, I suppose, it is.

It will still last a while, but we'll get past this.

I think they know this is temporary. A last gasp of the part of the country that feels it's being left behind.

Which, I suppose, it is.

For idiots who think this it will continue until early 2025. For actual people with common sense they will be happy with the additional 4 years.

Which, I suppose, it is.

So the part of the country that acts like a behind thinks the others feel left behind?

I think Hillary coined the term deplorables.

The rest of the free world used to respect the US and trusted our leadership.

Since the “Trump Experiment” they look elsewhere

Agree with the OP

The world scratches their head and wonders how a great nation like the US would elect Trump

They see what he is.....Why don’t we?
I wonder why you think you see it? you wanted someone who was hailed as "the smartest candidate ever" by the media [c'mon admit it], all it took was trump to tell the other side the same thing about himself and then for the other side to act like you and the rest of the clintonistas...when I saw this for the second time [gore] I knew then, what the OP is only pretending the world knows now, that we ran our version of trump against the real thing, so I ask that you please allow your post to speak for you and not the rest of us lest the OP and a baffled world uses that post as pseudo-evidence that we really are like that.
Wow.....that is some run on sentence
You should be proud

Well, I don't know about your 'leadership' but we used to trust your scientific agencies. Now we look to China and Taiwan for the best data on controlling pandemic.

The US is regarded with pity here. Even America doesn't deserve the IMPOTUS.

The world thinks so ill of Trump that they let Trump work a peace deal in the Middle East of all places.

Such disrespect they have.

Naturally, Leftists will miss the rioting and wars they are so fond of.

The world thinks so ill of Trump that they let Trump work a peace deal in the Middle East of all places.

Such disrespect they have.

Naturally, Leftists will miss the rioting and wars they are so fond of.
Some deal.....UAE and Bahrain?

BFD

From Wiki

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson lauded the agreement as a pathway to achieving peace in the Middle East and also praised suspension of annexation of areas in the West Bank. British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab and French Foreign Affairs Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian voiced similar sentiments, with the former adding that it was time for direct dialogue between Israelis and Palestinians, while the latter stated that it created an opportunity for resuming the talks.[102] France and Germany saw the agreement as keeping hopes up for a two-state solution.[32] German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas called up Israeli foreign minister Gabi Ashkenazi to congratulate him.[103]

A European Commission spokeswoman said the deal was an important for both Israel and the UAE, in addition to ensuring their stability. Italy meanwhile hoped that it would usher in peace and stability in the Middle East. It also called Israel's suspension of annexation of parts of the West Bank positive and hoped it will restart talks with Palestinians for a two-state solution.[104] Spain expressed similar sentiments and said it welcomed the deal.[105]

Belgium's foreign minister Philippe Goffin said he welcomed the deal as a step toward a peaceful Middle East and added that the suspension of annexation plans must be followed up with the two-state solution.[106] High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Josep Borrell hailed the deal as benefiting both nations and being important for stability in the Middle East. He also called suspension of annexation plans positive and stated that the European Union hoped for a two-state solution.[107] Norwegian Minister of Foreign Affairs Ine Marie Eriksen Søreide hailed the deal as a positive development and said Norway welcomed any move that led toward peace in the Middle East.[108]

Greece's Ministry of Foreign Affairs congratulated both nations and called it a victory for diplomacy, hoping it brought peace to the region.[109] Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky congratulated Netanyahu during a call.[110] Other nations including Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Romania and Kosovohttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israe..._normalization_agreement#cite_note-status-112 hailed the deal too.[111][112][113] Bulgarian Ministry of Foreign Affairs called it an "exceptional diplomatic breakthrough" which could change the Middle East's future, hoping it will bring peace and improve lives of people of the Middle East, and congratulated both countries.[114] Polish Foreign Minister Jacek Czaputowicz discussed the deal with the UAE's foreign minister Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan in a phone call and congratulated him for it, saying cooperation was necessary for resolving the Middle East's problems. He also welcomed the suspension of Israeli annexation plans and hoped Israeli–Palestinian dialogue would resume.[115]

Oh. Who was at war?
Well the Obama administration and their clown side kick John Kerry said that there could be no separate peace deal with Israel if the Palestinians were not a part of it years prior.

They were too busy trying to empower the terrorist regime in Iran over the region to be concerned about peace in the Middle East.

Um

Why are you reading Communist propaganda?
UM, when a conservative news outlet like FOX won't allow even mentioning George Soros, you know something is wrong. Trump, Biden or RBG you can criticize all day long. But not an wealthy shady international character known for manipulating and overturning Democratic governments. As an example of Soros power: Democrats unnecessarily try to impeach Trump (Soros hates Trump). That didn't work, so move on to a unnecessary lock down of western culture over a new strain of the common flu. Soros saw that wasn't working, so he sponsors BLM and race riots. All of this in the span of less than ten months. And NOW, its this artificially created "mail in ballot" bullshit to make confusion in our electoral system. All of this in less than a year. None of this shit happened years before, so magically it's happening NOW? Something is rather fishy here...

Who cares. I remember seeing on various forums with lots of foreign members after 9-11, Europeans and Canadians were bitching about "what is happening in the United States".

Apparently in 2002, the Patriot Act was some kind of sign of totalitarianism.

That’s because red states have gone back to work, while people in NY are still hiding in their basements. The cases are all mild and aren’t killing any of the working class age groups. You fucking idiots act like it’s going to kill you. It has a survival rate of 99.997% for young adults. So unless you’re an 80 year old with several medical conditions, life goes on.

Oh come on diseases attack us every day and many kill more than the virus hoax did.

Many lives could have been saved if Trump was honest about what he knew about the virus like he admitted on the Woodward tapes. Trump lied, people died. The end

He was called a racist for stopping flights from China while Pelousey was inviting people to come to Chinatown and hug a chinaman.
GFYS.

If he was honest with the people as to why he was closing travel, actually should have stopped all travel IMHO. But no, he played it down. It would have made sense why he was stopping letting people in but NOOOooooo. He told people not to wear masks and continue to hold rallies inviting the grim reaper as his special guest host.

So why did liberals call him a racist when he shutdown travel?

Because he only shut down travel from China. He left travel from Europe open for another month or so, which is one of the main reasons NY was hit so hard. If he had shut down ALL travel, and made everyone coming in from another country get screened, we wouldn't have the problem we currently do. Shutting down travel from just a few countries during a global pandemic is short sighted and stupid.

He was called a racist for stopping flights from China while Pelousey was inviting people to come to Chinatown and hug a chinaman.
GFYS.

If he was honest with the people as to why he was closing travel, actually should have stopped all travel IMHO. But no, he played it down. It would have made sense why he was stopping letting people in but NOOOooooo. He told people not to wear masks and continue to hold rallies inviting the grim reaper as his special guest host.

Because he only shut down travel from China. He left travel from Europe open for another month or so, which is one of the main reasons NY was hit so hard. If he had shut down ALL travel, and made everyone coming in from another country get screened, we wouldn't have the problem we currently do. Shutting down travel from just a few countries during a global pandemic is short sighted and stupid.

All speculation.

GFYS.

All speculation.

Not speculation, but rather reality. The virus came to NY via travelers from Europe, and their travel wasn't shut down for over a month after China's was. Screening ALL travelers coming into this country from other places would have gone a long way towards cutting down on the cases. Yeah, it may have been a bit inconvenient for a few weeks, but it would have worked to keep the country safe.

GFYS.

All speculation.

Not speculation, but rather reality. The virus came to NY via travelers from Europe, and their travel wasn't shut down for over a month after China's was. Screening ALL travelers coming into this country from other places would have gone a long way towards cutting down on the cases. Yeah, it may have been a bit inconvenient for a few weeks, but it would have worked to keep the country safe.

What about pelousy saying it was all good and come on down to chinatown and hug a chinaman?
And of course Coumy putting known infected people into nursing homes?
Half of covide deaths in America are in three dem states.

GFYS.

All speculation.

What about pelousy saying it was all good and come on down to chinatown and hug a chinaman?

Pelosi said that at the very beginning, before much was known about this virus. As more was learned about it, her stance on it changed, and she now advocates social distancing and face masks. Unfortunately, Trump is still going along with the very first assessments, which is why he's not taking it seriously. He, unlike everyone else, has failed to keep up with the information we have since learned about COVID 19.

GFYS.

All speculation.

Pelosi said that at the very beginning, before much was known about this virus. As more was learned about it, her stance on it changed, and she now advocates social distancing and face masks. Unfortunately, Trump is still going along with the very first assessments, which is why he's not taking it seriously. He, unlike everyone else, has failed to keep up with the information we have since learned about COVID 19.

Thats a load of horse shit.

Forum List

Back