I feel empty and lonely.

Of course I am not going to any shops this winter. Not since early 2020.

We avoid the shops too. We went to the Drive In something we haven't done in 30 years, we were around people yet not close contact. Just one3 idea, all don't have local Drive in Theatres still open, but it was fun just getting away.

1668021143079.png

It is a lonely world now and at times I get my hubby to drive me to the local store and just watch people come and go, living in a rural area away from society is no fun, but, is it is maybe safer than the city, not sure.
We all make decisions we have to live with later on down the road. I was younger wanted the rural life, raise guard donkeys and have organic nursery, neither came to be since hubby broke his back and set us back in every way. We had to sell the donkey and his horse he loves.
I'm so sorry. That has to be really hard to contend with.

We avoid the shops too. We went to the Drive In something we haven't done in 30 years, we were around people yet not close contact. Just one3 idea, all don't have local Drive in Theatres still open, but it was fun just getting away.

View attachment 723147

BTW, we had to drive 60 miles to visit the Drive IIn. But it was worth it and the trip wasn't bad either.

I'm so sorry. That has to be really hard to contend with.

Thank you but we do ok most of the time ,it just gets lonely at times, all our family live hundtreds of miles away, but the kids do visit a few times a years. My two daughters in their early 50s are raising their grandkids since their daughters are drug addicted. Both came from good families, never wanted for anything but still messed up.
Life can be hard no matter how you try.
Seems the whole nation is on drugs, legal and illegal now.
The Stones wrote about it, Mothers Litle Helper' long ago. Nothing new, Huh?

Last edited:
Thank you but we do ok most of the time ,it just gets lonely at times, all our family live h8undtreds of miles away, but the kids do visit a few times a years. My two daughters in their early 50s are raising their grandkids since their daughters are drug addicted. Both came from good families, never wanted for anything but still messed up.
Life can be hard no matter how you try.
Seems the whole nation is on drugs, legal and illegal now.
The Stones wrote about it, Mothers Litle Helper' long ago. Nothing new,huh?
No, I don't think its very new at all. I am not sure that I could live too far away from a city but it's more about places to go and the availability of things.

No, I don't think its very new at all. I am not sure that I could live too far away from a city but it's more about places to go and the availability of things.

I'm from a large city too,'Atlanta Ga. and I loved the city and the country. Most of my childhood was rural, lived on 100 acres of land till 1962. I loved both places. I had a wonderful childhood life.

I'm from a large city too,'Atlanta Ga. and I loved the city and the country. Most of my childhood was rural, lived on 100 acres of land till 1962. I loved both places. I had a wonderful childhood life.
That's awesome. What was your childhood like? Was there any adjustment to that transition from the country to the city? Did you have older siblings to help you out?

That's awesome. What was your childhood like? Was there any adjustment to that transition from the country to the city? Did you have older siblings to help you out?

It was lots of play and lots of work too at times, like drawing and hauling buckets of water up hill to the house or stomping clothes and linens out over the rocks in the creek, clearing land with manual tools. Using tools like swing blades, ax's, machetes and shovels.
Then there was running thru the woods, building tree huts and swimming in the lake, riding my donkey 'Katy' playing with my pet duck 'Joe' smelling Sweet Shrub and Honey Suckle in the woods. There was 10 of us, siblings and cousins.
All kinds of wild plants and fruits to eat, crab apples, berries, plum's, muskadines, Poke Selet, ,etc,.

It was lots of play and lots of work too at times, like drawing and hauling buckets of water up hill to the house or stomping clothes and linens out over the rocks in the creek, clearing land with manual tools. Using tools like swing blades, ax's, machetes and shovels.
Then there was running thru the woods, building tree huts and swimming in the lake, riding my donkey 'Katy' playing with my pet duck 'Joe' smelling Sweet Shrub and Honey Suckle in the woods. There was 10 of us, siblings and cousins.
All kinds of wild plants and fruits to eat, crab apples, berries, plum's, muskadines, Poke Selet, ,etc,.
Wait.......you didn't have running water?

10. Holy crap. Was it a difficult transition to the city? Did all 10 of you move?

Forum List

Back