I feel bad for the Ukrainian people but i would not send my family to die to defend them.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
That is ultimately the bottom line for me.

I truly do feel VERY BAD for the people of Ukraine.
I have no problem arming them with ANY WEAPON including planes.

Let this be a lesson to the American populace on why the second amendment is important. The left live to brag that guns don't stop armies but Ukrainian ARMED citizens are proving the opposite.

I would fight Putin one on one but I would not risk my family. Everyone seems to be afraid of him and his blustery bluffing. Fuck Putin and his threats. Arm the Ukrainians TO THE TEETH.

I agree with sending them weapons so they can fight for their own freedom BUT, Putin has proven he's a vicious thug and murderer. He's got an obvious "short man" syndrome going on and I don't doubt he'd resort to tactical / low yield nukes if it took that to win. In fact, he changed Russia's warfighting doctrine to include nuclear strikes to "level the field" against stronger opponents.

The idea is to use an old-fashioned blitzkrieg to grab territory, then set off a small nuke to prove they will answer resistance with such weapons. It is INSANE. With U.S. leaders like Biden or Obama, it might well work... once... but what works once will be repeated over and over, and eventually, the world burns.

Let this be a lesson to the American populace on why the second amendment is important. The left live to brag that guns don't stop armies but Ukrainian ARMED citizens are proving the opposite.

I would fight Putin one on one but I would not risk my family. Everyone seems to be afraid of him and his blustery bluffing. Fuck Putin and his threats. Arm the Ukrainians TO THE TEETH.

Who has asked you to?

How many AR-15's have blown up a tank over there, snowflake?

Who is sending their family?

I've been thinking about heading over there for maybe a month or two—to the Ukraine—if the whole thing lasts that long. I've got nothing personal against the Russian people or their government, but the idea of saving a life or two by doing what the US Army trained me to do is quite appealing; I suppose I've heard or felt "the call". The two major obstacles to heading over there at the moment are one, my wife who says, "hell no" and two, I'd rather not go it solo. I would also need a bit more than the Ukrainian embassy's word they will treat me like a volunteer and not a conscript. At any rate, for about $700 one can fly over to Warsaw and figure the rest out from there. Maybe if I can get a few Army buddies together and convince my wife I'll be fine . . .

They have to get out of the tank at some point genius lol

Derp
Your gun nut fantasies are just that. Look up Ukraine's gun laws before the invasion. Extensive background checks, no hand guns, and proof of a reason for needing a gun for either sport or hunting. I'll help you adopt those laws here, anytime. Meanwhile all you are is a larper, who'd probably be on the first train to Mexico if shit ever got real here.

I agree.

I'm fine with giving Ukraine military aid but it's not our fight.

I think the Biden administration response to Russia has been excellent.

I would not send my family to fight anywhere including here.

If I get to decide to send anyone, it would be me before my family.

I've been thinking about heading over there for maybe a month or two—to the Ukraine—if the whole thing lasts that long. I've got nothing personal against the Russian people or their government, but the idea of saving a life or two by doing what the US Army trained me to do is quite appealing; I suppose I've heard or felt "the call". The two major obstacles to heading over there at the moment are one, my wife who says, "hell no" and two, I'd rather not go it solo. I would also need a bit more than the Ukrainian embassy's word they will treat me like a volunteer and not a conscript. At any rate, for about $700 one can fly over to Warsaw and figure the rest out from there. Maybe if I can get a few Army buddies together and convince my wife I'll be fine . . .
I've had the same thoughts. My wife and daughters are deeply opposed. My son wants to come with me.

Apparently you have to fund your own way there. You also have to supply your own body armor. You obviously can't bring your own weapons.

I've been looking into this, and some units require you to sign up for a specific period, while others allow you to leave whenever you wish. At any rate, the Ukrainians are welcoming our vets with open arms and cheers.

The Biden Administration is worried US vets fighting Russians will give Putin the excuse to pick a fight with NATO and escalate the situation.

The trickiest part would be convincing my company to give me a leave of absence. Most of my co-workers are vets, and my company is heavily into manufacturing defense articles for our military and that of our allies. Unfortunately, I am the only one in my company with a particular skill right now.

My passport is also out of date, so I need to get it renewed.

Forum List

Back