I Don't Talk To Whites or Conservatives

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Jamilah Lemieux, Senior Editor, Digital, for Ebony Magazine, has little use for conservatives of any race, but in a Tuesday conversation with RNC Deputy Press Secretary Raffi Williams (who is African-American) she showed herself to be a racist, too.

In a Twitter conversation in which she thought Raffi was white, she didn't want to hear his opinion because he was white. She tweeted, "Oh great, here comes a White dude telling me how to do this Black thing"

Raffi Williams is black.

Ebony Editor: I Don't Talk To Whites or Conservatives | Truth Revolt

Jamilah qualifies as a "nigga".....a racist white hating pig.

She's black, it's ok for her to say this.

Just ask a lib

She is a racist, plain and simple.

BUT here comes the excuses. If this had been a white person there would be hell to pay AND the issue has been downplayed and they are trying to blame Williams when he did not even tag her, some other person did:

Did she make a mistake with her Raffi Williams tweet? Yes, but she apologized and explained, as she should, that she wasn’t interested in hearing about Williams’ politics (not being interested in someone's politics is a personal prerogative), and didn’t look closely enough at his avatar picture to detect his race. She assumed he was white because he was touting what sounded like an oft-heard party line from white conservatives –- a hollow-sounding appeal for the inclusion of “a diversity of voices.”

That’s all. It’s not really bigger than that. And yet, here again, a black woman speaks her mind, especially on Twitter, and she’s demonized. Immediately. One of the most salient points Lemieux made on the panel I moderated, was that in regard to the “angry black woman” stereotype –- whether it’s true or mythical, we are angry, and that anger comes from a place of real pain. It comes from pain, and also exhaustion from doing so much of the emotional work for the feminist movement.

Jamilah Lemieux Is About More Than Her Tweet To Raffi Williams | xoJane

A top editor at Ebony magazine was forced to apologize after insulting RNC Deputy Press Secretary Raffi Williams and the conservatism of the black men behind The Washington Times’ new digital magazine, American CurrentSee.

She followed up later, saying: “I don’t care what race you are. I don’t know why you GOP folks troll on here.”

Ebony apologizes for calling RNC's Raffi Williams 'white,' dismissing black conservatives - Washington Times

It appears that she's got a disdain for Conservatives in general, regardless of race. She was forced to apologize, even after she knew Mr. Williams was black. I'm surprised that editor-in-chief, Amy Barnett didn't fire Ms. Lemieux to show everyone that the magazine distances itself from folks like Ms. Lemieux.

Oh great, here comes a White dude telling me how to do this Black thing. Pass.

That was freaking great. :lol:

You've got to admit. White people seem to love trying to tell Black people what they should do about Black affairs.

But he was black... And he did not tag her in any post, a friend or associate did and she jumped to conclusions- based on the party and a photo. She assumed that someone was white and telling her what to do. Aren't those assumptions of how one is, looks, or behaves a big part of racism?

CaféAuLait;8854251 said:
Oh great, here comes a White dude telling me how to do this Black thing. Pass.

That was freaking great. :lol:

You've got to admit. White people seem to love trying to tell Black people what they should do about Black affairs.

But he was black... And he did not tag her in any post, a friend or associate did and she jumped to conclusions- based on the party and a photo. She assumed that someone was white and telling her what to do. Aren't those assumptions of how one is, looks, or behaves a big part of racism?

She was wrong about jumping to conclusions period. It was still funny though.

Forum List

Back