I do not blame Wilson. Worst play call in the history OF SPORTS.

I couldn't believe it. You need 3 feet, you have 3 downs to get it, and you have the perfect player to use to get it, and instead of going with him you throw a risky pass in the heart of the defense.
Couldn't have been stupider.

Darrell Bevell should be looking for a new team by the end of the day. Maybe some Pop Warner team will pick him up.
Only 26 seconds and each play takes 13 - 15 seconds.

Sorry, I pass it first to set up the run. The D was ready for a run. The pass would have worked if it was to the back of the endzone. It's either a TD or an incompletion. That pass was nothing but bad news. It shrunk the field so even if they were set up for the run they can cover it.
Everyone in the stadium was looking for Lynch to get the ball. Play action and let Wilson run to the left with the option to run, throw or throw it away

Throw the ball into traffic? idiotic
I couldn't believe it. You need 3 feet, you have 3 downs to get it, and you have the perfect player to use to get it, and instead of going with him you throw a risky pass in the heart of the defense.

Darrell Bevell should be looking for a new team by the end of the day. Maybe some Pop Warner team will pick him up.

Sorry, I pass it first to set up the run. The D was ready for a run. The pass would have worked if it was to the back of the endzone. It's either a TD or an incompletion. That pass was nothing but bad news. It shrunk the field so even if they were set up for the run they can cover it.
Everyone in the stadium was looking for Lynch to get the ball. Play action and let Wilson run to the left with the option to run, throw or throw it away

It's valid though that they were trying to catch the Patriots defense by surprise by throwing a pass for a touchdown. Why not? Teams do that all the time.

It isn't valid but there is one valid point. Pete Carroll threw the game away and the Patriots got what Pete Carroll threw away. They didn't "win it" but they were "given it" and I'm sure they were thankful for getting the SB win anyway they could get it. I don't think how they win is very high on the list of their priorities. You know?

You are sounding more retarded every post.

No one threw anything away. 109 times this season a ball has been thrown on the one into the end zone, no interceptions. It is a high percentage play, learn the game before you post silly stuff and 911 inside nut job, he is a tool. Look at his stupid Rams moving to LA thread, it goes to prove he has a screw loose.

It's a game. Carroll gambled on a high percentage play and lost. 30 teams would loved to been in Seattle's shoes yesterday. The NFL had a blow out last year and it happened with a very popular QB, if they planned this, why didn't they plan it for last year?

Don't answer any of the questions, it will make you sound dumber than what you are trying to sound already.

If it had worked, it would have been a good play. :D
Exactly. But it didn't. I wouldn't have thrown it over the middle. It's harder to cover somebody that's running full bore to the flat, but this guy just did a crossing pattern over the middle that should have worked but somebody missed their assignment and the safety was free, anticipated the play, and got to the ball first. Too much congestion in the middle. They were hoping that the height of the WR would make it easy for him to catch it.

If the o-line was mauling the Patriot's line I would have just run it, but they weren't. The Patriots probably would have stuffed him. My first choice would have been a rollout option pass to the back. Wilson could have run it in easy if nobody was open. The guys on the field would have known what would work. Wilson is really good at improvising. Seattle didn't have much time, but they were moving the ball and had the momentum. They had to do something unpredictable. So I'd fake a run to the FB playaction pass and toss it to a TE or a back or a WR but I think Wilson wasn't sure he could make the throw. Brady could make the throw, or Manning, or Luck, but Wilson is a bit limited. His biggest threat is running. It helps on the goaline if you're 6'5" and can see everything. Those guys are big and tall. It's like throwing over a wall sometimes. So sideline pass is the way to go.

But I'm not a coach.

Last edited:
I can see the logic of the pass play call in that instance. Your squad just wasted 2 timeouts getting to the 1. You have 1 timeout and 20 seconds on the clock. If you run a pass play and someone is wide open you get a touchdown, else you throw the ball away and the clock stops. You can then run and if you don't get in, call a timeout. Then you can either run or pass on final play. I put the blame on Russell Wilson for not throwing the ball away. Bad decision.
Not buying it for a second.
just playing devil's advocate there. If it was me calling the plays, I would have let Lynch pound it in.

They have a time out, 26 seconds from the one yard line. The Pats and Belichick mysteriously not calling a time out. Basically representing that they are going to let them score, keep their time outs for Brady to have a shot to get into FG range.

Hey Carroll, double tight ends, run it 3 times from one yard with beast. Not really hard and no time to call for a pass into the center where ALL THE FUCKING DEFENDERS ARE.

Holy shit. It was not a bad pass, it was a good play by the DB. Wilson was not off target, the DB jumped the route.

Has to be the stupidest play call in the history of sports. Not the super bowl. Not in football. In all of sports. Considering the situation, what the other team is representing, and what the Seahawks have (the best short yardage back in the NFL).
Shouldn't have thrown it if it wasn't there. Isnt he a running qb? He could have thrown it away.

This is just like when my 05 pistons should have repeated and they blew it in game 7.

This will haunt seahawk fans for years.

Brady is a very happy man. He's a living legend. Payton wants to be him.

If what I suspect is true? I could not possibly imagine how the Seahawks players are feeling right now. I feel a great deal of compassion for them. They worked hard to get to the Superbowl and for them to have their own coach and owner throw the game? Wow.
Get a grip retard.

You sound more idiotic than usual. ..... :cuckoo:

Take a chill pill butt-hurt fans....

(Health.com)
-- This Sunday's Super Bowl could prove to be a real heartbreaker for some fans of the losing team.

A new study suggests that the emotional stress fans feel after a loss may trigger fatal heart attacks, especially in people who already have heart disease. Stress generates the so-called fight-or-flight response, which causes sharp upticks in heart rate and blood pressure that can strain the heart.

For people with heart disease -- or for those who are at risk due to factors such as obesity, smoking, and diabetes -- such strain can prove harmful, if not fatal.
heart attacks and the super bowl - Yahoo Search Results

It's valid though that they were trying to catch the Patriots defense by surprise by throwing a pass for a touchdown. Why not? Teams do that all the time.

It isn't valid but there is one valid point. Pete Carroll threw the game away and the Patriots got what Pete Carroll threw away. They didn't "win it" but they were "given it" and I'm sure they were thankful for getting the SB win anyway they could get it. I don't think how they win is very high on the list of their priorities. You know?

I'm ignoring your posts now Jeri, until you come to your senses, or until you are talking about something other than football.
The devil made him do it.

church_lady_could_it_be_satan.jpg

They have a time out, 26 seconds from the one yard line. The Pats and Belichick mysteriously not calling a time out. Basically representing that they are going to let them score, keep their time outs for Brady to have a shot to get into FG range.

Hey Carroll, double tight ends, run it 3 times from one yard with beast. Not really hard and no time to call for a pass into the center where ALL THE FUCKING DEFENDERS ARE.

Holy shit. It was not a bad pass, it was a good play by the DB. Wilson was not off target, the DB jumped the route.

Has to be the stupidest play call in the history of sports. Not the super bowl. Not in football. In all of sports. Considering the situation, what the other team is representing, and what the Seahawks have (the best short yardage back in the NFL).
Shouldn't have thrown it if it wasn't there. Isnt he a running qb? He could have thrown it away.

This is just like when my 05 pistons should have repeated and they blew it in game 7.

The pass was there, the guy was open

But because of where it was thrown on the field, there was very little margin for error. The pass was ahead of the receiver and the receiver did not make an agressive move for the ball....the defender did

But because of where it was thrown on the field, there was very little margin for error. The pass was ahead of the receiver and the receiver did not make an agressive move for the ball....the defender did

That kid made a heads up play, that's for sure. :D Imagine being in his shoes as a 21-year-old kid? He must be so excited. He's got a great career ahead of him, I think.

Exactly. But it didn't. I wouldn't have thrown it over the middle. It's harder to cover somebody that's running full bore to the flat, but this guy just did a crossing pattern over the middle that should have worked but somebody missed their assignment and the safety was free, anticipated the play, and got to the ball first. Too much congestion in the middle. They were hoping that the height of the WR would make it easy for him to catch it.

If the o-line was mauling the Patriot's line I would have just run it, but they weren't. The Patriots probably would have stuffed him. My first choice would have been a rollout option pass to the back. Wilson could have run it in easy if nobody was open. The guys on the field would have known what would work. Wilson is really good at improvising. Seattle didn't have much time, but they were moving the ball and had the momentum. They had to do something unpredictable. So I'd fake a run to the FB playaction pass and toss it to a TE or a back or a WR but I think Wilson wasn't sure he could make the throw. Brady could make the throw, or Manning, or Luck, but Wilson is a bit limited. His biggest threat is running. It helps on the goaline if you're 6'5" and can see everything. Those guys are big and tall. It's like throwing over a wall sometimes. So sideline pass is the way to go.

But I'm not a coach.

If you looked at the body language of the Patriots, they looked morally defeated. After that miracle catch that should have fallen harmlessly to the ground, the Patriots were like "Oh, no, not again"
I think Lynch would have pounded it in, I think Wilson could have gone play action and run it in, I think throwing a pass into traffic gave the Patriots the only chance they had to win

That kid made a heads up play, that's for sure. :D Imagine being in his shoes as a 21-year-old kid? He must be so excited. He's got a great career ahead of him, I think.
He does now
For a guy with an NFL career that was hanging by a thread, he is now part of NFL history

But I'm not a coach.

If you looked at the body language of the Patriots, they looked morally defeated. After that miracle catch that should have fallen harmlessly to the ground, the Patriots were like "Oh, no, not again"
I think Lynch would have pounded it in, I think Wilson could have gone play action and run it in, I think throwing a pass into traffic gave the Patriots the only chance they had to win

It's much harder to "pound it in" when you are so close to the end zone though. That's why they decided to try and pass it, I think. They were trying to take the Pats defense by surprise because they figured we were expecting them to run it in. That's my theory. :D

He does now
For a guy with an NFL career that was hanging by a thread, he is now part of NFL history

Look at this little clip, it includes the interception. Seahawks guy got USED. Lol. :D

But I'm not a coach.

I think it would have been the safest thing to do, however I think Carroll was worried about giving Brady too much time to get it down field, remember the Seattle game against Atlanta, they gave Atlanta too much time to score.

I would have ran it.

But I'm not a coach.

I think it would have been the safest thing to do, however I think Carroll was worried about giving Brady too much time to get it down field, remember the Seattle game against Atlanta, they gave Atlanta too much time to score.

I would have ran it.

They only had 26 seconds left.

But I'm not a coach.

I would have ran it.

There were 26 seconds left in the game. Brady would have had about 20 seconds or less for a miracle

I need you to answer this one, Owl. Last night I didn't watch the game but midway through I checked the online update report and it said Seahawks had a 10 point lead. 24-14 - I checked again and it was still 24- 14. At that time there was less than 8 minutes left in the game I believe. So tell me this. Is it possible that the game was fixed? You say the Pats & their coachj mysteriously didn't call a time out. The next guy here says they purposely made the worst decision - a decision no professional obviously would have made - yet they make it and lose the game. On purpose? The NFL. Is it that crooked and how many team members would it take to do such a thing? Two? Three? Would the coach have to know about it? I'm praying the truth comes out about this because I do not believe what happened was on the up and up last night. Not by a long shot.

Conspiracy nuts never miss a chance to be stupid. :rolleyes:

Another thing to consider is that
Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch isn’t a sure thing from the 1-yard line
Over his career, Lynch has had 36 carries from the opponent’s 1-yard line. More often than not, he didn’t reach the end zone. He scored on 15 of those carries, or 41.7 percent of the time. On 12 of those carries, he did not gain a yard. On nine of them, he lost yardage.
So maybe the play call was not as bad as the actual pass attempt.

Seahawks 8217 Marshawn Lynch isn 8217 t exactly money from the 1-yard line - The Washington Post

Another thing to consider is that
Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch isn’t a sure thing from the 1-yard line
Over his career, Lynch has had 36 carries from the opponent’s 1-yard line. More often than not, he didn’t reach the end zone. He scored on 15 of those carries, or 41.7 percent of the time. On 12 of those carries, he did not gain a yard. On nine of them, he lost yardage.
So maybe the play call was not as bad as the actual pass attempt.

Seahawks 8217 Marshawn Lynch isn 8217 t exactly money from the 1-yard line - The Washington Post

That is very interesting. So it wasn't a guaranteed touchdown if he ran the ball after all.

Forum List

Back