I can't seem to stop eating fast food for lunch every day.

Chick Fil A:
Spicy Chicken - 490 calories...1600mg Sodium :eek-52:
Chicken Deluxe - 990 calories...3240 mg sodium :dig:

Chicken Nuggets 8 pc....1260 calories.....4300 mg Sodium :FIREdevil:

Cobb Salad......1690 calories.....5670 mg Sodium

Grilled Salad...Holy F*ck...1890 calories.....6240 mg Sodium

Healthy Salad my ass
So fuckin' what?

Sodium(salt) never hurt a healthy person.

That myth has been dispelled.

There's a Chik-Fil-A that just opened near my office, I've gone there for lunch the last 2 days... and I'm leaning towards going there again. Why, Murica? Why? Why do you want me to get fatter and diabetic? Am I addicted?
Fast food kills Americans. How do you exclude fast food from your ration?
Fast-Food-Cartoon-1471283.jpg
It really isn't that difficult. Eat at Subway instead, just as an example. About ten years ago, my cholesterol was pushing 250. I got it under 200 by cutting our fast food, which I ate almost every day for lunch. Now since I have also started exercising, my cholesterol is under 160. I do still eat fast food, but only two or three times per month.
I have the cholesterol of a polar bear.

One year I ate plain oatmeal every day as an experiment.

No salt in it, no sugar, milk or butter.

At the end of the year, mind had gone UP.

There's a Chik-Fil-A that just opened near my office, I've gone there for lunch the last 2 days... and I'm leaning towards going there again. Why, Murica? Why? Why do you want me to get fatter and diabetic? Am I addicted?
It really isn't that difficult. Eat at Subway instead, just as an example. About ten years ago, my cholesterol was pushing 250. I got it under 200 by cutting our fast food, which I ate almost every day for lunch. Now since I have also started exercising, my cholesterol is under 160. I do still eat fast food, but only two or three times per month.
I have the cholesterol of a polar bear.

One year I ate plain oatmeal every day as an experiment.

No salt in it, no sugar, milk or butter.

At the end of the year, mind had gone UP.

It's not just about eating oatmeal everyday. It's about everything else you eat. Secondly, exercise is a key factor in reducing cholesterol for many people. Eat healthy, within reason, but you also have to exercise, and I do mean exercise. You know, the real exercise like lifting heavy weights, and running 20 miles per week or a bit more, or doing some type of aerobic exercise that would be equivalent to running that much. I realize some people have bad knees and cannot run, but they can go to the gym and exercise on an elliptical or ARC Trainer.

Fast food addiction is almost always related to an addiction to salt.

Nothing wrong with eating fast food, just don't eat it everyday. Make your lunch next time, and have fast food as a treat once or twice a week.

Fast food "food" is chemistry in action. As with junk foods in general, fast fods are specially forumlated with the sweets pots of salt, sugar, and fat to be the most delcisious and addictive. Literally. They do in our brains exactly what heroin and crack does, that is to say, they stimulate the pleasure spots of the brain which releases feel-good compounds like dopamine in such a way as we literally get addicted to the triggers, in this case fast/junk foods.

Not to worry my friend, you will not last long enough to feel the backlash.

Forum List

Back