Zone1 Heart's desire as simple as a donut

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
The Spirit of God that is to say 'the Spirit of pure Love' can be manifest to see in the desire for something as simple as a good donut. The last few weeks have been somewhat hectic for us as I was scooted around to have medical emergencies dealt with. I won't bore everyone with all the little details but I do want to share how God can use very simple things to show us we are on the right track and that God is still in control.

I'd had the hankering all morning for a donut while waiting for hospital staff to get back to me on the blood draws and the ECHO done that morning. Son showed up with a goody bag Rod had brought up full of my bottled water and stuff. Son is like I was at that age when it comes to sleep he goes to bed early and gets up very early. I'd sent him home the night before and told him don't worry about the bag just get home and rest he could bring it in the morning. That morning I had been thinking about asking him if he knew of a good donut shop but didn't because I could hear in my mind what he'd be saying if I asked and he had already taken days to be near and there for his mom; so it wouldn't be fair to stress him even more if he thought mom was eating something she shouldn't be eating after having a heart attack (I knew in my heart it was induced from toxic overload due to the anesthesia from surgery but had no way to confirm that and as many would point out I'm simply not professionally edumacated in those matters but this wasn't my first rodeo on that shock to the system due to toxins). Anyhow by that point son was just an absolute nervous wreck at the thought of losing his mom so no need to add to his worries. I was trying hard to be a good patient within the realm of the hospital world but when it came to anyone adding more toxins into my blood stream I wasn't just going to say yes go for it. I declined the heparin and a whole host of other medications I knew nothing about. I was told, "If you don't take these you could die". I simply agreed 'Yup that could happen and if it does oh well', shit happens.' I did not have the means to say back to them that their meds could also add more stress and do more damage with verified confidence so I just kinda sat there like a mule and said 'No thank you I'll pass on all that'. I later relented when they claimed that the heparin was necessary to prevent clots while they did an angiogram and did the angioplasty which they were describing but did not actually name off as a surgical procedure they planned to do. They'd even started the drip when all the sudden boom everything was put on halt (thank God). Then about an hour later these same drs and nurses came back in and told me that my surgeon's had ordered the heparin. At that point I knew they were lying beyond a doubt and I knew they had already given me more of the lasix than I should have been given as it was hitting my kidneys hard and I was feeling very dehydrated. My mule went back to work and once again I was adamant about not injecting more toxins that were not absolutely essential. I told them I wanted to talk to my surgeons office for myself. I simply did not believe my doctor ordered heparin for me and that "well you most likely have clots" just wasn't working for a good enough excuse to put in more toxins. Well of course that inclination was spot on and that point they were caught in their lies and CYA and all sorts of stuff ensued from them. A donut sure did sound good in my mind; and we had not had a bakery donuts in over ten years and I sure would like a good fresh donut.

Rod did leave the phone for me the day before but the whole thing had been wiped somehow and all my contacts were missing. I asked the nurse if he would please get the phone number for me because my phone had apparently crashed and contacts were missing; and that phone wipe happened while in that hospital. Such a nice young nurse, he went and got the number for me and I called my surgeons office and asked specifically if my doctor had made that order for heparin. Boy ole boy talk about things heating up fast at that point. I was supposed to go to the doctor"s office and get the drain tube removed so that was settled while I was on that phone. Rod would take me there and get that done in a few hours. Truth was out and the lie was exposed so I really was not welcome at the hospital at that point and that was made very clear to me. I asked for a hard copy of all the test results and specifically I wanted to see the tech's report from the Echo that morning. I was told they could not give any of that to me and even then they attempted a buffalo on how those records would not be ready to see or readily available but could be mailed to me.

After insisting on knowing where this elusive "medical records office" was located I learned it was right there in another area in the hospital. I called again and I was told they could mail the records, etc. So I asked again, "how does the doctor determine anything if there is not an actual record they can look at from test?". Finally I got a break through... At this point there was paperwork that supposedly needed my signature that had a whole bunch of words in it that I did not say or agree to but they wanted my signature saying that I did. So here goes, I told the nurse I would make a note on what I was doing and agreeing to in my own words. I heard, "no you can't do that." It took these doctor and nurse legal beagles a few minutes to determine that 'yes she can do that'. IV tubes were removed from my bruised battered arms and hands and the oxygen was turned off. I told the nurse Rod would be here in a few more minutes with a clean shirt for me but they couldn't wait, they wanted me outta there asap and sent me out half dressed in street clothes and half in the hospital gowns. Ten minutes for Rod to get there to get me in clean clothese and wheel me around to get my records and outside was too much for them. Apparently my presence at that point offended them.

I took some stop and resting along the way but I did finally make my way to the info desk. The lady there was very kind and she asked if I needed help by having someone wheel me to the records office. At first she was going to have someone do that but then she changed her mind and wheeled me there herself. Once at records she told the records lady once I was done there call and she would come back for me.

It did not seem like it should take too long to just get a hard copy of that morning's Echo report. After what seemed like a long time the nice records lady brought me out a large full envelope. I told her I wasn't after the pictures just the hard copy of the tech's Echo report. I thought, 'Oh' well Rod and I could look at it all while we get breakfast somewhere. Concerned Rod would be waiting I puttered the wheel chair along a bit and then would rest a bit. Then I just sat my bags on the chair and used it like a walker and that worked. I was hoping once outside the fresh air would help as hospitals and offices air seems so thick and hard to get one's breath. My blood oxygen levels had been running between 88 and 95 the whole time I was in there and outside fresh air was so much easier to get into the bottom portion of my lungs. The fresh air felt so good just to be able to breath once I was outside even if it was very cold.

I was sure I looked like a bag lady setting there waiting for Rod dressed in a hospital gown and half in street clothes. A heavier sweater or shirt would have been nice but I didn't have one so the bit of sunshine I could find to sit in would have to suffice. I moved my way towards the main street exit slowly but resting along the way in the sunshine. Eventually it should warm up and moving along like that helped in the cold. Thoughts of a donut had passed and I was trying to recall on how to get to the street where the doctors office was at this point. I've never been able to get used to finding my way around the Des Moines area. The KC and surrounding area seemed so easy to memorize from the maps but Des Moines for some reason just doesn't go into my head when I try to memorize the maps.

Once Rod got me into the car we started towards the direction it seemed we should go. After not seeing anything that was familiar for we could get a good bearing Rod pulled off into a parking lot. As I looked up at the sign to see what the business was I just had to laugh. Of all things it was a donut shop. I told Rod I'd been dreaming of having a donut all morning. He said
boy I sure do miss Big' man's donuts" (friends donut shop from Idaho). We laughed and went in. It smelled yummy and the owner operator of the donut shop was a real jewel. As I showed him the phone with the address Rod explained to him which street he knew we needed to be on. The donut guy like a pro took that phone and commanded it to show how to get to where we needed to be. Rod and I were both amazed as we didn't know you could command the phone like that. We picked out what we liked and got the donuts. Rod was just going to get one but why limit oneself when there were two you may like. So two donuts each. The shop owner gave us his card so he could direct us over the phone in case we needed more help with directions to get us where we needed to be.

Days later reflecting on it all I have no doubt that the 'Spirit of Love' maintains control over these earth bodies we reside in at this point in time; and it watches over us closely to keep us safe from harm as much as possible while evil walks about. It gives us assurances in simple things like donuts when we need them if we will seek it.

Sorry you have had such a hard time. If you don't take an active role in your health, they'll kill you with the medication. And remember, not all doctors graduated in the top 50 percentile of their class. Always do your own homework...

Sorry you have had such a hard time. If you don't take an active role in your health, they'll kill you with the medication. And remember, not all doctors graduated in the top 50 percentile of their class. Always do your own homework...
Thank you.

I am very proactive in my own health and I do massive amounts of research. I shared a piece and a portion so others like minded can know if we watch the holy spirit will help guide us through these trials and tribulations here in this world. It took twenty years to find a surgeon I would and felt I could trust to fix an issue another surgeon screwed up. These doctors that were in charge of the surgery gave a proper diagnosis on issues with my throat and voice box. Twenty other ENT's had given an erroneous diagnosis for a period of over fifteen years and these guys found it first visit. They were also the first in twenty years to actually look down into my throat. By then my airway was nearly shutoff completely.

Forum List

Back