I cannot stand idly by any longer

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

So I came to one conclusion:

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist ten years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brought, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

I don't want to be your enemy. But if you insist on treating me as one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC to spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will ultimately be hollow and empty.

I am not fooled. I will defy this trend. I will stand up for what I believe in.

Last edited:
I was glued to Twitter last night. Why? Not because of some cat videos or hilarious fails, no, but because of all the violence I saw in DC last night. I saw almost every video that was posted, whether of couples and parents with children or of minorities and the elderly being attacked by Joe Biden's supporters. All innocent people who came to protest a seemingly stolen election. I watched as nobody on the left condemned this behavior. I watched as law enforcement did literally nothing to stop the violence, instead, Muriel Bowser let our nation's capital become a hellhole.

Trump should not cede this country over to people who stand by and allow this kind of violence to continue against innocent people with different viewpoints. If that sentiment scares you, sorry. This may amount to calling for a coup, but I know of no other peaceful way to solve America's issues (if you have any peaceful ways to bridge our seemingly hopeless divide, I'm all ears). The time for being nice and diplomatic has passed. If people like me, who believe what we believe, are going to be engaged in this kind of violent manner, then we should respond in kind. Words have failed. Actions have consequences. These are the sort of things that drive good men to do bad things.

I was an extremist 10 years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brings, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

However, I am not your enemy. But if you insist on treating me like one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

I am happy to be your friend. But I will not be disrespected or maligned. My ideas and opinions are my own. I have a right to believe what I believe. But know this: my empathy for you will stop the moment you attempt to deprive me of those things, or if you try to dehumanize me for having them. My faith in humanity at this point is gone. Gone. Don't give me another reason to justify that sentiment.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will be hollow and empty.

This sure looked like a bunch of losers, who dont want anyone to voice their opinion that doesnt agree with them.. Fascist actions will end up getting actions that will come back to haunt them.

tolerant-liberal.jpg

I was an extremist 10 years ago. A hard right-wing extremist. I strove to get away from the vile hatred that extremism brings, I wanted to be tolerant and understanding, yes, I have tried my damndest to remain neutral and dispassionate wherever possible. But I cannot stand idly by any longer. I cannot watch as people who hold one particular point of view are attacked and mercilessly destroyed for doing exactly that. No matter how vehemently I try to stand back and turn the other cheek, the words "fight back" and "resist" come to the surface. Those acts of violence posted on Twitter I mentioned earlier? They make my blood boil.

However, I am not your enemy. But if you insist on treating me like one, I will be the worst enemy you can possibly imagine. I come from an era where respect is earned, not given. Don't mistake my reticence for weakness. It is for your protection. I don't care about your feelings or emotions, I have enough trouble dealing with mine. I am not incapable of exercising empathy, but I am also capable of being colder than the vacuum of space. Do not try me. Do not give me an excuse to be.

My perception has changed. I will not acknowledge Biden as our president, not because I think he stole the election, but because he will allow the same behavior we saw last night in Washington DC spread throughout this country, while he eschews empty calls for "unity" and "healing." His condemnations of the violence will be hollow and empty.

This sure looked like a bunch of losers, who dont want anyone to voice their opinion that doesnt agree with them.. Fascist actions will end up getting actions that will come back to haunt them.

tolerant-liberal.jpg
How does it feel to know you act just like those people you claim act bad?

K.

It seems the lefts whole strategy rests on the belief that people who believe "social justice" is a load of crap will just sit by idly while they demonize us & steal an election with massive fraud to install a Chinese puppet in the WH.
They have no idea how ugly this could get for them once we say we've had enough

So you stood up and stretched from sitting at the keyboard or Tweeting.....I thought maybe you'd actually do something to support your ideology..
He's doing just that your moron by posting against the savage attacks in Washington DC by Biden linked
thugs and Biden Brown Shirts attacking innocent people for the crime of NOT supporting Joe Biden.

Did you actually read the post? If so there is no excuse for your incredible ignorance.

I will stand by idly.

First, because I am 83 years old.
Second, because I am a coward.

So I will continue to fearfully walk down the street, in case some "victim" of "systemic you-know-what" sucker punches me.

I will timidly pay taxes to support all the undocumented ladies & gentlemen who are flooding into the country,

I will say "Yes, sir/ma'am" to any COVID-19 orders that the mayor or governor announces.

I will obediently blame all the ills of this country on the (current) majority ethnicity.

If I see a victim being abused by BLM or ANITFA, I will run away as fast as I can. I am a coward.

I will stand by idly.

First, because I am 83 years old.
Second, because I am a coward.

So I will continue to fearfully walk down the street, in case some victim of "systemic you-know-what" sucker punches me.

I will timidly pay taxes to support all the undocumented ladies & gentlemen who are flooding into the country,

I will say "Yes, sir/ma'am" to any COVID-19 orders that the mayor or governor announces.

I will obediently blame all the ills of this country on the (current) majority ethnicity.

If I see a victim being abused by BLM or ANITFA, I will run away as fast as I can. I am a coward.

Hmm. I appreciate the sarcasm at least.

Forum List

Back