I believe that a Trump/DeSantis primary battle is very likely. How will it play out?

Florida is going under water, a Taxpayer burden. Trump is just lying his ass off. What I see is a Real sinking hole of nothing but Lies!

It is incredible that in a nation such as this there aren't multiple choices that blow away the likes of Biden and Trump. Where are real candidates?

Expect Trump to announce his candidacy in the next month or two.

DESANTIS won't run against him.

In four years DESANTIS has a clear shot without pissing off Trump voters.

That's his time and he knows it...unless TRUMP decides not to run...which is unlikely imo.

Trump is trying to avoid that conflict, by dangling VP in front of Ron.

During a Thursday morning Newsmax interview, Trump was asked about a potential “Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024.”

That would place Trump atop the ticket of course, with the Florida Governor in a subordinate role.

Trump offered a cagey response to the question.

“Well, I get along with him. I was very responsible for his success because I endorsed him and he went up like a rocket ship, just like I endorsed Mary Miller the other day,” Trump said, referring to a candidate he endorsed in Illinois who won Tuesday.

Should Ron accept this offer? He'll have to carefully consider the odds. Right now a Republican victory in 2024 is about as sure as anything in politics is, but if Trump gets another four years, 2028 might not be such a slam dunk, even if Ron is Don's heir apparent.

So Ron could take the VP spot, willing to be second banana for four years, and then the improved economy could lull Americans into thinking that we can afford to have a Democrat in the white house again.

I don't picture Ron doing that. I believe that he will fight and that it will be a rough one. But not as bad as the news media will portray it. I dont' see Trump digging up dirt on DiSantis, nor paying for any files of fake information on him, nor floating unfounded rumors so salacious that they are bound to be repeated and remembered no matter how absurdly false.

Trump can be an asshole when campaigning, but not that much of an asshole. Right, Dems?

So if Trump goes after DiSantis hard and wins, DiSantis lives to fight another day. And he has a decent chance to win. I believe that many Republicans, given a choice between the two, might vote DiSantis, thinking that Trump is their ideal, but that the Dems have worked so hard to smear him and thus DiSantis may be the best hope.
I find that speculation about primaries so far out never comes true.

Well, to continue in humor, winning with a bluff isn't theft. It's playing one's cards well. Everyone is on equal ground as gamblers.
Retired people aren't gamblers; they invested their lives in the growth of the nation, to the point of making it the most powerful in history. Now, they see their retirement eroding like sand on a storm-crossed beach.
Those in charge in recent decades have not served us well.

I'm to the point that anyone who would serve American's would be eliminated. I think if I trusted any of them it would be Trump but then I remember how he treated those people in Scotland over the golf course a couple decades ago.

I'm to the point that anyone who would serve American's would be eliminated. I think if I trusted any of them it would be Trump but then I remember how he treated those people in Scotland over the golf course a couple decades ago.
For Trump, nothing trumps Trump.

Seems to me the nomination is Trump's to lose, and that could easily happen if his upcoming legal issues get too large and too many people peel away, particularly in MAGA media. If that happens, it's clearly De Santis taking over. Anyone else would just be running for future visibility and/or the VP slot.

It would be interesting to see what De Santis would do if Trump is damaged but not out. Would he run anyway and try to deliver the knockout blow? Boy, that would probably get pretty nasty.

donny will be in prison, so ron will be the next golden boy. & he won't win.

Wait for the FBI/DOJ to finish their mission to stop Trump. The impact of that will be enough to move the people intto making a decision between the two on which one gets the crown.

Sadly, it's Trump or Trumpism!

Fascism still needs to be stopped in its tracks.

DeSantis isnt a poor choice. We've had far worse in our history. The current guy is a complete disaster. Hoover, Wilson, US Grant, Carter. There are a myriad of examples of complete shit shows that we've had as President. That's not to say that DeSantis if elected would necessarily be great. There are tons of examples of people who you would think would be great and werent. And vice versa.

But why would a successful, intelligent person WANT to go through the process it takes to become President? In the current climate I cant imagine why anyone would want the job frankly. Not anyone who's really worth a shit anyway. The fact that we have people still clamoring to sit in that seat who arent all complete assholes is astonishing to me.
"I am quite certain that there are people even in America who would willingly climb over the corpses of half of the American public if they could gain control of the other half."--Douglas Kelley

I would assert that there are political sociopaths running amok in DC that would gleefully murder half the American public to rule the other half if not for that pesky Second Amendment.

Trump is trying to avoid that conflict, by dangling VP in front of Ron.

During a Thursday morning Newsmax interview, Trump was asked about a potential “Trump-DeSantis ticket in 2024.”

That would place Trump atop the ticket of course, with the Florida Governor in a subordinate role.

Trump offered a cagey response to the question.

“Well, I get along with him. I was very responsible for his success because I endorsed him and he went up like a rocket ship, just like I endorsed Mary Miller the other day,” Trump said, referring to a candidate he endorsed in Illinois who won Tuesday.

Should Ron accept this offer? He'll have to carefully consider the odds. Right now a Republican victory in 2024 is about as sure as anything in politics is, but if Trump gets another four years, 2028 might not be such a slam dunk, even if Ron is Don's heir apparent.

So Ron could take the VP spot, willing to be second banana for four years, and then the improved economy could lull Americans into thinking that we can afford to have a Democrat in the white house again.

I don't picture Ron doing that. I believe that he will fight and that it will be a rough one. But not as bad as the news media will portray it. I dont' see Trump digging up dirt on DiSantis, nor paying for any files of fake information on him, nor floating unfounded rumors so salacious that they are bound to be repeated and remembered no matter how absurdly false.

Trump can be an asshole when campaigning, but not that much of an asshole. Right, Dems?

So if Trump goes after DiSantis hard and wins, DiSantis lives to fight another day. And he has a decent chance to win. I believe that many Republicans, given a choice between the two, might vote DiSantis, thinking that Trump is their ideal, but that the Dems have worked so hard to smear him and thus DiSantis may be the best hope.
Yes....I am a diehard Trumpster but I now support DeSantis for President.....much more electable in my opinion and this time do not expect the democrats to select the moron again....I have no idea who the democrats will select but I think they will be looking for a fresh face and someone with name recognition and likeable....thus the election is again going to be very close in my opinion....Trump is just getting too old, even if elected he would be a lame duck, has too much baggage and made some big mistakes....all his appointees were disasters, he mishandled the covid outbreak, advocated for getting out of afghanistan and should have done more for poor white folks.

Just some of the reasons I now support Desantis for President.

They are afraid of DeSantis too.
No, they're not. He has yet to prove that he can stand up to Democrats in DC and has the desire to drain the swamp. Until then, Democrats view Desantis is just another politician to be bullied or bought off.

Desantis may have a chance to prove himself as Trump's running mate. Pence proved himself to be just another politician and weenie.

No, they're not. He has yet to prove that he can stand up to Democrats in DC and has the desire to drain the swamp. Until then, Democrats view Desantis is just another politician to be bullied or bought off.

Desantis may have a chance to prove himself as Trump's running mate. Pence proved himself to be just another politician and weenie.
He stood up well against their "Don't say Gay" jihad.

Forum List

Back