I believe that a Trump/DeSantis primary battle is very likely. How will it play out?

If the Republicans had any sense they would be cultivating a Desantis-Hawley ticket. The Democrats would have to default to Newsom-? to have any hope.
It remains to be seen what the duopoly will allow.
It has now also been definitely established that Hawley knows how to run.

Why would DeSantis take a back seat to Trump if he knew he were running against Biden? A distaste for DeSantis is nothing compared to feelings about 'T' and 'B'.

I won't start another thread for it. Liz Cheney has floated a trial balloon about running in 2026.

She is pretty hated by people who hate her. But she does represent the next generation of the powerful Bush/Cheney Neocon Military Industrial Complex Puppet Show that pretended to be Reaganites who pretended to attack Clinton, but who supported the permanent state of war, while doing zero about domestic and cultural issues.

Those folks are not getting a lot of media attention right now, but besides Trump, who is? Unless they are talking about Trump, of course. The MIC has plenty of money in its literal War Chest, and is no doubt very angry that Trump made a peaceful exit from Afghanistan possible.*

If they finance a run Cheney, the media will be as in the tank for her as they were for Obama. Maybe more so, if such a thing is possible.

*Yes, I know the exit was a disaster. But Trump made it possible for it to be a success, or Biden would not have pulled out.

Last edited:
DeSantis is Trump without all of the unfortunate baggage.

I think most conservatives, given the opportunity to choose between Trump and DeSantis, would choose DeSantis.

I had the chance to photograph DeSantis when he spoke at the Heroes Honor Festival in Daytona Beach over Memorial Day weekend. He spoke for about 20 minutes, and there wasn't a teleprompter or cue card to be seen. He had no index cards with talking points on them.

hhf63.jpg

hhf64.jpg

hhf65.jpg

He just stepped out onto the stage and, after tossing some "DeSantis" swag to the crowd, he kept that same crowd engaged for the entirety of his speech. The guy's got something special, and I believe he's going to be a serious tour de force in Republican politics...

DeSantis is Trump without all of the unfortunate baggage.

I think most conservatives, given the opportunity to choose between Trump and DeSantis, would choose DeSantis.

I had the chance to photograph DeSantis when he spoke at the Heroes Honor Festival in Daytona Beach over Memorial Day weekend. He spoke for about 20 minutes, and there wasn't a teleprompter or cue card to be seen. He had no index cards with talking points on them.

View attachment 673919

View attachment 673923

View attachment 673921

He just stepped out onto the stage and, after tossing some "DeSantis" swag to the crowd, he kept that same crowd engaged for the entirety of his speech. The guy's got something special, and I believe he's going to be a serious tour de force in Republican politics...
I agree with all of that.

In fact, even if Trump trashes him on the Primary trail, I don't think Trump's supporters will turn against DeSantis. Contrary to the liberal talking point that Trump supporters love Trump, and not his policies, most GOP voters will support the candidate most likely to act in their interests if they win the primary. They will just indulgently roll their eyes at Trump's attacks.

If they perceive that DeSantis has a better chance of beating Mx. Random Democrat, they will go with DeSantis.

I agree with all of that.

In fact, even if Trump trashes him on the Primary trail, I don't think Trump's supporters will turn against DeSantis. Contrary to the liberal talking point that Trump supporters love Trump, and not his policies, most GOP voters will support the candidate most likely to act in their interests if they win the primary. They will just indulgently roll their eyes at Trump's attacks.

If they perceive that DeSantis has a better chance of beating Mx. Random Democrat, they will go with DeSantis.
There are TRUMP signs all over the US, not DeSantis signs.

I believe that a Trump/DeSantis primary battle is very likely. How will it play out?

Hopefully with the losing side supporting the winner

Here's what we have to keep in mind, though:

The reason that DeSantis can be "Trump without Trump's negatives" is NOT that Trump is a horrible human being. He has his flaws, but 90 to 99% of "Trump's negatives" are generated by the media, often based on false flag operations from the Obama holdovers in the Deepstate.

As soon as DeSantis becomes the presumptive nominee, the media will go after him just as hard as they went after Trump. Will the Never Trump RINO's go after him? Very likely they will. So, he will have just as many negatives as Trump.

Plus, we need to know who is backing DeSantis. He has some big money donors, that will be expected a large return on investment if DeSantis ever gets in the WH.

The party does not want to see a DeSantis/Trump fight.
It would be terrible for the GOP and would provide fodder for the Democrats by the ship load.

If DeSantis decides to run, I would hope the party gets behind him. No one would beat him, and most importantly, he is what the country needs. We do not need Trump again. That just might be the final nail for a true civil war that could forever damage the unity of this nation that is already severely weakened.
The unity of this nation is non existent. The sooner it moves toward a battle that will decide the future trajectory of the country the better.

The unity of this nation is non existent. The sooner it moves toward a battle that will decide the future trajectory of the country the better.
And Far left & Left think LEOs & NG/ MIL Will side with them ...

Trump should have picked Ted Cruz in 2016. He'd still be in the WH. Cruz would have made sure swamp rats didn't infiltrate the office.

That said I hope if it comes down to Ron/Don I hope Ron comes out ahead. I don't know what will happen but I hope Trump does not try and destroy Ron the way he did with Cruz. It was almost unforgiveable what he did to Cruz.

$2 gas, rolling back almost everything the meat puppet faggot did and defeating that sociopath hag redeemed him though.
Another day
Another lie

Forum List

Back