I am so disappointed in Texas... (shooting, etc)

Consider the glorification of assault weapons, When are big shot politicians pose with them what is the message to young people? you to can be cool with an assault rifle?

You don't know what an assault weapon is. The AR platform is a sport utility rifle and no one is glorifying them. Well except idiots like you.

The children can't possibly be protected from the guns. If the shooter can't get them in their classrooms, he'll get them somewhere else.

Cancel recess, lunch time, outdoor sports, field trips, and a lot more These shooters with black AR's can take out even a skinny kid at over 300 yards.

Maybe the AR's are the ................................?
Uh huh... and when the killing continues even after ARs are no longer available for sale? Do we demand that current owners turn them in or else? What will be the next step if that doesn't solve the problem? Semi-auto handguns? See, this is why those in support of 2A will not try to have a conversation with the gun-grabbers. We KNOW where it all ends, if they are given the chance. A perfect example can be found in Chicago's abattoir. They pass the strictest gun control laws in the country and the killings rise. Their mayor says it's because guns come in from out of state so her solution is to ban them everywhere.

Hypocrites. They cry about the needless, senseless slaughter and wail over the loss of life but would stand and cheer if 10s of 1000s died from government attacks on them trying to collect their guns.

I haven't heard of a shootings happening anywhere but IN the schools..

anyone else?

again, the corrupt politicians have armed guards and our precious children do not

sick
When the Parkland massacre occurred in 2018 there was a very loud call for hardening the schools so it would be far more difficult for a deranged killer to gain access. TMK, not a single district decided to go with common-sense protections. Dems refused to allow it because it detracted from their talking point of gun control. Had even basic facility security like magnetic locks on access doors been put in place, this freak might well have been thwarted before he ever got in.

The same thing will happen this time except they'll probably get a red flag law in place that will jeopardize the freedoms of every American who dares speak out online and who owns firearms. It will be time for witch hunts.

Yeah, I can see America no longer having public schools.

But the shooters will just get the kids somewhere else. Schools don't kill kids, tables do.

And guns that are touched in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable kill because of their feelings.
You're a sick person. You're the problem.

Texas of all states should have long ago had armed guards or some equivalent at the public schools.... I mean, this is TEXAS for crying out loud...

what happened?

and/or they should have had doors that lock once the students are all safe inside and metal detectors...

what the hell happened?

the crazy, crooked, self-promoting, don't-give-a-rip-about-us elite dumcraps in DC have armed guards but our precious children do not?

We like the children better... WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

God help us
The federal government took the education system over. That's the problem.

Texas of all states should have long ago had armed guards or some equivalent at the public schools.... I mean, this is TEXAS for crying out loud...

what happened?

and/or they should have had doors that lock once the students are all safe inside and metal detectors...

what the hell happened?

the crazy, crooked, self-promoting, don't-give-a-rip-about-us elite dumcraps in DC have armed guards but our precious children do not?

We like the children better... WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

God help us
They had an armed School Resources officer who exchanged shots with and was wounded by the shooter.

Other much more important protective measures however were not in place such as securing access to the building.

A question we need to be asking is why so many young people today are so full of hate, resentment and anger as to take it out on helpless, innocent children.

Guns are only tools. Young people today are not equipped to deal with disappointment, disillusionment and failure and they blame society for not being the idyllic paradise they were told it’s supposed to be.

I know what gun control advocates will say but there is a disease festering in the heart of this country that gun bans and gun control measures will never solve.
Me and billions of people who didn't grow up in the US know thre answer.
Americans are super chill compare to where I grow up for example, we fought in school periodically. There were some crazy angry kids that I'm sure if thry had access to guns we would have more shootings than thr US. SO THERE goes the solution a complete ban on guns is the solution.

Just look at number of school shootings. It's not a mystery.
You assume that limited access is the only thing that limits people's choices to shoot up schools.

Guns don't make people commit crimes. What's going on in their head's makes people commit crimes and you don't need a gun to kill dozens or even hundreds of people at a school or any other unsecure location.

Texas school budgets are tight like everyone elses. How about instead of us sending $40 billion in FEDERAL tax dollars to Ukraine we spend that on hardening our schools?
There are 8 schools in uvalde but only four armed guards

If you go to the county courthouse you will find the other 4 police officers needed in the school guarding the politicians inside

Remove them from where they are now and station them at each school instead

Forum List

Back