I am so disappointed in Texas... (shooting, etc)

Then why did Obama threaten to withhold federal funding to all schools if they didn't let transgenders use the bathroom they wanted?
And each school district could decide to tell him to F off if they wanted to forgo those funds. The majority of funding for public education comes from local property taxes.

Schumer yesterday stopped a bill that would put armed guards in schools. Wonder why?
Because schools aren't a warzone?

it's going to have to tried too, before it can fail. The cause of all the school shootings and gun violence is the the continuous wars American has started and the military mindset of young men wanting to kill people.

I can't see how you'all can ever break through that denial of the facts?

Uh huh... and when the killing continues even after ARs are no longer available for sale? Do we demand that current owners turn them in or else? What will be the next step if that doesn't solve the problem? Semi-auto handguns? See, this is why those in support of 2A will not try to have a conversation with the gun-grabbers. We KNOW where it all ends, if they are given the chance. A perfect example can be found in Chicago's abattoir. They pass the strictest gun control laws in the country and the killings rise. Their mayor says it's because guns come in from out of state so her solution is to ban them everywhere.

Hypocrites. They cry about the needless, senseless slaughter and wail over the loss of life but would stand and cheer if 10s of 1000s died from government attacks on them trying to collect their guns.
The problem is the military mindset in America that's caused by it's continuous wars and the culture of death and killing that's come out of it.

The AR type weapons just facilitate the cause and keep the number of victims more satisfying.

Let's talk about is sometime!

Michael Moore nailed it and that's mostly the reason why he's hated by the gun fraternity.

Give us a link, jackass.

I have no link because he said it on a t.v. news show.
But he's voiced the same message many times in the past. His award winning documentary, Bowling for Columbine, was the message.

Thanks for asking! It shows that at least some Americans are getting concerned.

You can't be serious.
Yes, I'm serious. Parents are going to have to start to make sacrifices on their children's freedom.
They will see the risk involved in allowing their little children to gather in groups that could be attractive targets for the next shooter.

Can you see how freedoms are slowly eroded away by the trend to fascism, and then the momentum created speeds up the process.

It's America's culture of wars that has encouraged a culture of death and killing. And now America's proxy war against Russia is denying young men even that outlet. Most of these killers could be safely tucked away in the military, satisfying their need in foreign lands.

Because schools aren't a warzone?

it's going to have to tried too, before it can fail. The cause of all the school shootings and gun violence is the the continuous wars American has started and the military mindset of young men wanting to kill people.

I can't see how you'all can ever break through that denial of the facts?
Fact is these shooters pick the no gun zone places to do their mass murder. So you don't want to solve the problem, you just going to stick with the talking points that get people killed.

The tranny should have been met with locked doors, no doubt. That's an egregious mistake.

The other mistake is to pretend the party that will smash a full term baby's head to kill it and then sell off the baby's body parts cares about children. They don't. The ideas need to come from the normal 80% of the country. We can fix this.

Fact is these shooters pick the no gun zone places to do their mass murder. So you don't want to solve the problem, you just going to stick with the talking points that get people killed.
In fact I just posted a message that says I believe the Democrats must finally compromise on militarizing the schools. If they don't, the R's can claim that the children's blood is on D hands.

Then when that fails and only increases the culture of wars and killing, my other alternative could maybe start to be considered?

No, I have already posted a message saying that the armed guards in the schools should be tried as a last resort. The Dems have the children's blood on their hands if they don't allow it.

--------------------------------------------------

But IMO it will just make matters worse because it will increase the military mindset and America's culture of continuous wars, death, and killing.

They had an armed School Resources officer who exchanged shots with and was wounded by the shooter.

Other much more important protective measures however were not in place such as securing access to the building.
They did not. That was a false rumor. No school resource officer was on duty, killer entered through an unlocked door in the teachers parking area (that was supposed to be locked), completely unimpeded.

They did not. That was a false rumor. No school resource officer was on duty, killer entered through an unlocked door in the teachers parking area (that was supposed to be locked), completely unimpeded.
And two police officers were wounded when they tried to stop him. Then all the police were intimidated into not going in to stop him.

This shooter was well equipped for the job, with his weapon of choice, his camo costume, and undoubtedly a lot of practice with his weapon that made him more proficient than the police and paramilitary.

But America does need to try armed guards and militarizing the children't schools. The armed guards just better be more proficient than the upcoming crop of shooters!

I have no link because he said it on a t.v. news show.
But he's voiced the same message many times in the past. His award winning documentary, Bowling for Columbine, was the message.

Thanks for asking! It shows that at least some Americans are getting concerned.

Yet you can't even articulate what that message is. Are you senile like xiden and can't remember?

Me and billions of people who didn't grow up in the US know thre answer.
Americans are super chill compare to where I grow up for example, we fought in school periodically. There were some crazy angry kids that I'm sure if thry had access to guns we would have more shootings than thr US. SO THERE goes the solution a complete ban on guns is the solution.

Things are never as simple as that. There has always been some angry teens but the mere availability of firearms cannot explain why mass shootings have spiked in the last few years.
There has been a tectonic shift in the psychology and culture of our young people. Twenty, thirty years ago, an angry teen would have been horrified at the idea of slaughter school kids.

Besides, I’m also talking about undiagnosed and untreated mental illness.

Correct, as it turns our it was 2 local PD officers that engaged him, one of which was wounded.

This shooter was well equipped for the job, with his weapon of choice, his camo costume, and undoubtedly a lot of practice with his weapon that made him more proficient than the police and paramilitary.
Assumption with no basis in fact.

At close range proficiency isn't required especially when shooting up a room full of unarmed women and children.

Texas of all states should have long ago had armed guards or some equivalent at the public schools.... I mean, this is TEXAS for crying out loud...

what happened?

and/or they should have had doors that lock once the students are all safe inside and metal detectors...

what the hell happened?

the crazy, crooked, self-promoting, don't-give-a-rip-about-us elite dumcraps in DC have armed guards but our precious children do not?

We like the children better... WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

God help us
I'm glad God will help us out here in Texas, because you are acting like you hate everyone who lives in this beautiful state where Friendship is our treasure, and not everyone loves us. Some people from other states don't like anything about us.

I lived most of my adult life out of my home state, but came home to Texas upon retirement. There have been a lot of changes in Texas in the last 45 years. My parents and grandparents passed away, all my aunts and uncles are gone, and a brother and a sister passed too. I only have my baby brother and sister left, and they are now both in their sixties and both are happily married, (I think). My husband passed away about 6 years after we came home, and next month is the 6th anniversary of his passing. That was the hardest of all. But the people here are generally as dear as people can be, and I love them very much. My church brings me a lot of happiness, my memories of the best man who ever lived are still close to my heart, and God blesses me every day with all good things in good times and in bad.

Human beings respond to their families and their associations. The assassin of the children in Uvalde was passing on his parent's horrendous relationship and his father was absent from his life when he was impressionable to create his future in hell. All of us here have tears at vesper hours when we think of loved ones gone, and the loved ones of the good parents in Uvalde who lost their children to a man whose childhood never existed since he never had much of one. He lost his way with no paternal guidance. And his reaction was to go after people less powerful than himself in order to have something to put fear in other people's hearts when he came around.

We had love, and we don't know how to deal with a hatemonger, which is what the mans' situation turned him into as he grew up way too fast and learned the art of deceiving others to his disorderly emotional holocaust.

We will get through this by helping each other through prayer, love, and pecan pie. It was sad to hear that the husband of one of the teachers who lost her life protecting a kid, himself died of a heart attack the next day probably due to a broken heart. Every parent who has to bury a child has had more stress in the last 2 days than most of us have ever had in our lifetime. We're going to pray, we're going to love those people who lost a child, and respect the loss of face from some of our lawmen who had so many responsibilities that political attacks have thrown into the huge burden they now carry due to hatred of the Congress and White House that have overtaxed the people, with the hope people will forget their lies to destroy political opponents, complete their targeting of police for whatever insane reason they go by,

There will be a price for this hatred that's being stirred up in this country. People here in Texas don't think it's fitting when creeps kick ya when you're down. Even so, we will pray for our enemies as christ has advised in his amazing sermons. We will comfort our parents who lost their little one, and we will deal with the copycats that are springing up for similar lack of parenting as to the assassin at Uvalde. All in all, we will remain the Lone Star State, and other states have had things like this happening to them for the last 30 or so years. But the current President pounced on Texas because our state didn't give cheaters as food of a chance to destroy the polls as was done in some states targeted by 2000 mules, so they say. We're not going to join the mules team. Don't like it? Tough bananas. We'll get by. We have each other.

Forum List

Back