I am pro-choice, That said, my mother was pressured to have a abortion and she chose to bring me into the world. TY Mom.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
For better or worse, I am here (much to the dismay of many). I owe my mothers courage for this decision and I caused her great stress as I laid in a incubator for nearly two months, born premature.

I made it by the grace of God after the doctor told my mother it was a 50/50 chance either way. Such a horrible way for my mother to be introduced to me, not even able to touch me as I laid in that plastic bubble.

How many other humans are on this planet today because their parents decided AGAINST abortion?

For better or worse, I am here (much to the dismay of many). I owe my mothers courage for this decision and I caused her great stress as I laid in a incubator for nearly two months, born premature.

I made it by the grace of God after the doctor told my mother it was a 50/50 chance either way. Such a horrible way for my mother to be introduced to me, not even able to touch me as I laid in that plastic bubble.

How many other humans are on this planet today because their parents decided AGAINST abortion?
There are millions of them, and in a recent survey of 800 of them, 100% of them said they were opposed to being aborted.

PS - there is no such thing as "pro-choice". The fetus does not have a choice.
The correct terms would probably be > pro-life and pro-death.

Pro choice does not mean pro abortion. I am prochoice with 3 children damn right? None of our children were necessarily "planned" for nonetheless we were ready to do it the rest is history. Children are a challenging and expensive endeavor.

Here again a minority of the population wants big government to meddle in a matter that is none of their business. Foster homes are not the answer and I ask all those who wage war on pregnant women will you adopt all children who are forced on the planet?

Where is the war on men the only source of semen. Women cannot become pregnant without semen. This war against women is discriminating and painful. Abortions are no fun.
BTW abortions numbers have dropped dramatically due sex education and birth control.

AS mean and hateful as some right to lifers are I would not want my children near them. Right to lifers kill doctors and harass women as if they are the moral giants of our time. Get real.

Big Conservative Government, the courts, and so called right to lifers need to mind their own business. I do not consider any of the aforementioned moral giants no way jose'! Try insensitive monsters.

you are not pro life?

Most every child born, was born because their mother CHOSE not to abort them!

Your mother also chose not to abort you, but she did so when the going got tough! Your chances were not good! She took that chance, and I'm sure she is grateful that she did!!!

To pressure a woman to have an abortion is just as wrong as conservatives compelling a woman to give birth against her will through force of law.

The decision whether to have a child or not belongs solely to the woman – it is neither the purview of the state nor outside private individuals.

I was adopted as an infant. I found out my birth mother was only 14 when I was born. By definition, I am a child of rape. I don't know any details about her or my father or the circumstances of my conception. I don't know if abortion was even an option for her at the time (mid 1950's). I am glad to be alive and have done my best to be a good man and live life worthy of her sacrifice. I tried to reach out to her through family, but nothing came of it. I figured she didn't want to be reminded of her experience, so I haven't pressed matters.

That said, I am also a father of 4. 2 natural daughters and 2 adopted sons. All are grown adults now. If something similar had happened to one of my daughters at 13 or 14, I can't imagine forcing them to go through the difficulties of childbirth at such a young age after the trauma of rape.

Shocked, I'm so glad you had a mom that cared for you. And you are a honey of a wonderful offspring that you acknowledged her. I wasn't so lucky. I got badgered to get an abortion, but I wouldn't even consider it. I had a wonderful daughter I fought for tooth and nail, but 20 years later, she decided I was public enemy #1 for raising her in the church of our fathers. I did for her exactly what my mother did for me, but her teacher taught her class if anyone got a spanking, they were abused people. She didn't get that many spankings, and they weren't harsh, they were to the point about behavior that would have ruined her socially and professionally. She had a great career and retired, but she hasn't spoken to me for 10 years. I don't understand her hatred, but she's mad at me for leaving her house after she used the F word on me. I'm glad you loved your mother who sacrificed all for you. Thanks for sharing your story. My tears are welling up for my loss, so I just wanted to thank you for restoring my faith in people who are so fortunate to have you in their lives. :thup:

don't see how you could be pro abortion

(I don't use the term pro choice because it tells u nothing.. u know.. like WHAT exactly we are choosing)

There are millions of them, and in a recent survey of 800 of them, 100% of them said they were opposed to being aborted.

PS - there is no such thing as "pro-choice". The fetus does not have a choice.
The correct terms would probably be > pro-life and pro-death.
AMEN to that

Shocked, I'm so glad you had a mom that cared for you. And you are a honey of a wonderful offspring that you acknowledged her. I wasn't so lucky. I got badgered to get an abortion, but I wouldn't even consider it. I had a wonderful daughter I fought for tooth and nail, but 20 years later, she decided I was public enemy #1 for raising her in the church of our fathers. I did for her exactly what my mother did for me, but her teacher taught her class if anyone got a spanking, they were abused people. She didn't get that many spankings, and they weren't harsh, they were to the point about behavior that would have ruined her socially and professionally. She had a great career and retired, but she hasn't spoken to me for 10 years. I don't understand her hatred, but she's mad at me for leaving her house after she used the F word on me. I'm glad you loved your mother who sacrificed all for you. Thanks for sharing your story. My tears are welling up for my loss, so I just wanted to thank you for restoring my faith in people who are so fortunate to have you in their lives. :thup:
she is mad bc you raised her in a particular faith community?

that's odd. Maybe there is some other reason she doesn't want to mention for some reason?

:dunno:

To pressure a woman to have an abortion is just as wrong as conservatives compelling a woman to give birth against her will through force of law.

The decision whether to have a child or not belongs solely to the woman – it is neither the purview of the state nor outside private individuals.
The decision belongs to the child who presumably would choose not to be killed..

I never had a choice. When my son was born not only was abortion illegal, birth control was illegal except for condoms. I didn't have a choice. I'm glad of that. Who knows what I might have done otherwise.
sometimes not having a choice is a very good thing.

I had things done to me by various abusive persons in my past but.. speaking of this one person in particular.. well, I wouldn't have theFaith I now have if not for certain things that person did or failed to do.. so.. yeh, u just never know..

like hell it isn't

a rose by any other name... or should I say murder by any other name...

Only an idiot calls abortion murder. You can’t “murder” something that was never alive.

Humans aren’t living until they breathe on their own. It says so in the Bible.

In the Bible, if you cause an a pregnant woman to lose her child, you pay a fine to her husband for loss of his “property”. Nothing about “murder”.

You’re making shit up in order to hate on women.

people who say they are pro choice but not pro abortion are being ILLOGICAL

Why are you against murder of an innocent human being, but not in every situation-- not when said person is in the womb?

So we have Racist and we have Locationist

If you do not live in the right place (outside the womb) you are not a human or if you are, you have no rights whatsoever..

SICK

Forum List

Back