"I Am Outraged" DC Bishop Denounces trump's Visit To Church After Police Clear Protesters With Tear Gas

Since you leftists are suddenly big supporters of the catholic church I hope come December you won't wet your pants when a department store cashier wishes you a Merry Christmas
They will just burn the Department store down and loot their Christmas presents.

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

And, I agree. Religion should never be politicized like Trump is trying to do.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",
1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",
There were no "violent murderous mobs" present on Monday evening, ya lunatic.

Irrelevant to the discussion. THe President made comment on Law and Order and the Bishop rushed to counter attack, thus siding with the violent murderous mobs.
Irrelevant to the discussion. THe President made comment on Law and Order and the Bishop rushed to counter attack, thus siding with the violent murderous mobs.

No, the bishop criticized the use of the church in that way, liar.

Thus getting involved in politics.

Which her right of course. Your implication that anyone thinks otherwise, was just you talking shit.
Simply deranged.

Since you leftists are suddenly big supporters of the catholic church I hope come December you won't wet your pants when a department store cashier wishes you a Merry Christmas
The marxists like the way catholics think because you can f*ck a 14-year altar boy, but as long as you confess to it, you're good to go. A couple Hail Marys and an Our Father and you're back in the Lord's good graces.... like it never happened. And the church will cover it up for you. It's a match made in heaven, so to speak.

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

If the President comments on law and order democrats are automatically against law and order.
What’s right is wrong.
What’s black is white.
What’s good is bad.

This is the Democrat's position.

No, the bishop criticized the use of the church in that way, liar.

Thus getting involved in politics.

Which her right of course. Your implication that anyone thinks otherwise, was just you talking shit.
Simply deranged.

Pointing that attacking the political leader of the nation, is a political act, is me being "deranged"?

Well, one of us is certainly deranged, I will give you that much.

The marxists like the way catholics think because you can f*ck a 14-year altar boy, but as long as you confess to it, you're good to go. A couple Hail Marys and an Our Father and you're back in the Lord's good graces.... like it never happened. And the church will cover it up for you. It's a match made in heaven, so to speak.
The Catholic church has been hiding perverts for years.

Oy bey
This bishop is outraged that trump was at one of her churches.

She most certainly wasn't told he was coming and didn't have permission to be there. She found out he was there from the news.

He didn't pray when he was there either. He just used it and a bible for a photo op.

View attachment 344213View attachment 344214

Oy vey...your ilk now cares about bibles and churches and a “bishop” of a small dying fringe denomination?

Demonic.

She most certainly wasn't told he was coming and didn't have permission to be there. She found out he was there from the news.

He didn't pray when he was there either. He just used it and a bible for a photo op.

Since you are on a Bible kick here’s some food for thought. Kind of applicable in your situation I would think.

“ You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell? 34 Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, 35 so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar”

There were no violent murder mobs in any of the protests or rioters.

They were looting. Not killing people.

I recall left loons demanding churches lose tax exempt status if they got involved in politics.

Let's all get on board loons, she should lose that status!!! Eh?

Oh snap lol

Since you are on a Bible kick here’s some food for thought. Kind of applicable in your situation I would think.

“ You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell? 34 Therefore I send you prophets and wise men and scribes, some of whom you will kill and crucify, and some you will flog in your synagogues and persecute from town to town, 35 so that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah the son of Barachiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar”

Absolutely no Christian is going to take you seriously

I recall left loons demanding churches lose tax exempt status if they got involved in politics.

Let's all get on board loons, she should lose that status!!! Eh?

Oh snap lol
Actually the W admin successfully took away the tax exempt status of an Episcopal Church in Pasadena. The Church ultimately was successful in suing W's admin. The stated reason was the Priest encouraged people to examine the Iraq invasion, but imo more likely theocrats in the DOJ objected to the church's very up front support for gay marriage.

The Catholics don't have female bishops. Just thought you might want to now in your furthering religious educ on the board. You are welcome.

And this is why we need to remove these Bishops.

Did the good teacher, not read what Jesus himself said?

When Jesus was confronted about rebelling against authority, they asked him "should we pay tax to ceasar?"

They were asking him if they should rebel and protest against the Romans.

Jesus replied "yield to caesar what is caesar's" Mat 22:21.

Romans 13, says even more "All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God"

The bishop needs to keep his mouth closed. And I support Trump telling him as much.

I'd care about her outrage if she could post a single example of similar outrage she has or had over ANY other politician using religion as a prop.

Hell, I'd settle for one example of her chastising a Democrat for invoking God while supporting abortion for that matter.

even Republicans cant defend Trump

EZmrEE5XkAAu19A

:auiqs.jpg:

The Media lied about Tear gas being used, it NEVER happened, heck even the Reuters twitter photos make that clear, since the Park Police aren't wearing gas masks at all.

Here is what really happened:

"Except it didn’t happen, according to United States Park Police acting Chief Gregory T. Monahan, who said the following in a statement:

The United States Park Police (USPP) is committed to the peaceful expression of First Amendment rights. However, this past weekend’s demonstrations at Lafayette Park and across the National Mall included activities that were not part of a peaceful protest, which resulted in injuries to USPP officers in the line of duty, the destruction of public property and the defacing of memorials and monuments. During four days of demonstrations, 51 members of the USPP were injured; of those, 11 were transported to the hospital and released and three were admitted.

Multiple agencies assisted the USPP in responding to and quelling the acts of destruction and violence over the course of the weekend in order to protect citizens and property.

On Monday, June 1, the USPP worked with the United States Secret Service to have temporary fencing installed inside Lafayette Park. At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids. The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.

To curtail the violence that was underway, the USPP, following established policy, issued three warnings over a loudspeaker to alert demonstrators on H Street to evacuate the area. Horse mounted patrol, Civil Disturbance Units and additional personnel were used to clear the area. As many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls. No tear gas was used by USPP officers or other assisting law enforcement partners to close the area at Lafayette Park. Subsequently, the fence was installed."

=====

People who swallow obvious media lies, are little sheep that goes baaa, baaaa, baaaa., and gullible as hell.

Stop falling for the chronic media lies and sensationalism!

My favorite part of this is the sign he's standing next to clearly says all welcome. What a dumbed down country.

As usual Trump is made out to be inhuman so PROGS can pretend he is.

BTW, Trump doesn't call the shots. He's the POTUS not captain of police force. That and PROGS are only pretending the protesters were peaceful/compliant.

200602-trump-church-mc-1128_27311828cefff4d0ea61ca81e0a34bc9.JPG

Just what was the big deal? The President went across the street to show that these thugs won't succeed in attacking church's...So he held up a Bible....So what? Do you find the Bible offensive?

So Trump used riot police and tear gas to clear peaceful protesters from a church way, just so he can go take a P.R. photo. Disgusting.
The U.S.A is really no different than China. Trump and Conservatives always want to make their country more like China. China is passing a law that makes insulting the national anthem illegal. Which is what Trump wanted to do when the football players were taking a knee in protest during the US anthem. And now Trump want to send in the military to be a tough guy against people exercising their democratic right to protest. How is that different than Hong Kong?

The Rev. Mariann Budde, whose diocese St. John's belongs to, said she was "outraged" by Trump's visit and noted that he didn't pray while stopping by the church, a landmark known for its regular visits from sitting presidents since the early 19th century.
He didn't come to church to pray, he didn't come to church to offer condolences to those who are grieving, he didn't come to commit to healing our nation – all the things we would expect and long for from the highest leader in the land.

Get Trump out of office now before he burns down the entire country!!!
No tear gas used, but keep up with the lie.

Hey parroting dumb fuck:

Forum List

Back