"I Am Outraged" DC Bishop Denounces trump's Visit To Church After Police Clear Protesters With Tear Gas

My flag, my Bible, my President. God bless America.

It's not just your flag or bible or president.

That belongs to everyone.

Other people can hold up a bible too. It doesn't make them a christian.

image0-1.jpeg

View attachment 344946
Agree. However, it's still my flag, my Bible and my President and there isn't one damn thing you can about it except moan and whine. Carry on.

The DC police clubbed two Australian TV reporters during yesterday's police riot.

What a great international ambassador for American police thuggery Trump is!

Yes and it's been shown all over the world. Especially in Australia. They are not happy that one of our police hauled off and punched one of their news people doing their job which is guaranteed by the constitution.

The first Amendment pretty much gives any news outlet the right to do whatever they want. Standing on the street reporting the news is exactly what freedom of the press is all about.

I have been reading reports from all over the nation of the police attacking the press. I saw one video of the police purposely shooting rubber bullets at the press. When the press told the police who they were, the police shot them with more rubber bullets. Which is illegal according to the constitution.

View attachment 344946
Agree. However, it's still my flag, my Bible and my President and there isn't one damn thing you can about it except moan and whine. Carry on.

I'm not moaning or whining about anything.

I simply pointed out facts.

That bible, flag and president doesn't belong only to you and apparently you agree.

If you want to make such arrogant and selfish statements expect someone else to point out how wrong you are. That's not whining. It's standing up for truth.

This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

Force with force. That's it. That's all.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
Then Park police moved them back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.

That is the problem, specifically in this case and generally speaking with that level of hate and hysteria.

Neither of them is Trump's fault.
The Arch Bishop has more of a problem with the President calling for Law and Order, than she does with the rioters that tried to burn down her church.
There's a lesson in her mindset if you cared to see it.

I think I see the lesson fine. Her culture is insane and suicidal. It is part and parcel of the decline of our civilization.
I think I see the lesson fine. Her culture is insane and suicidal. It is part and parcel of the decline of our civilization.
Yes! That's it. It has nothing at all to do with caring more about your fellow man than a building or a president's vanity.

Correct. If it was something like that, the people physically hurt by the riots, and the violence, would be what she was talking about.

She is a marxist pretending to be a religious leader, to gain power and a platform to spread lies from.
You are truly deranged. :cuckoo:
A lunatic who sees everything as political.

She is political. In with the Church of Satan.

The joggers looting TVs just want their new shiny TVs.

She said nothing political. You just see anything vaguely in opposition to your view as entirely antithetical, political and evil.

That is damaged thinking. Delusion.

This was last evening at around 6:30pm. I watched it live. The crowd was peaceful and was never asked to disperse. The police just started with the tear gas.

Imagine having 60 Secret Service agents being injured over the weekend. Imagine having protesters... heh "protesters" tearing down barricades meant to keep them away from the White House complex. Imagine that type of unruliness happening over and over until proper force is applied.

The time for words passed when these "protesters" decided to engage in aggressive tactics.

But were they peaceful or were they engaging in aggressive tactics at the time of the action? That is not clear.
It is clear, the Park Police cleared them out not even knowing President Trump would be coming. The “protesters” were throwing things at the cops, and climbing buildings in the area. They refused to move after being told repeatedly to move back.
it is clear now, is it? Some 20 priests disagree. But I'm sure you'd say they were throwing bricks.

Unfortunately...with these kinds of actions...all of Trump's desired symbolism has kind of backfired.

What I don't understand is this....usually outings by a president are well planned in advance and the way cleared. Understandably, there likely couldn't be a LOT of advance time for this, due to the fast pace of events, but still - there could have been a 12 hour window, at least, to set things up. Move people, clear the area, and create an understanding with the relevant clergy. I don't understand why that did not happen here.

That is the problem, specifically in this case and generally speaking with that level of hate and hysteria.

Yes! That's it. It has nothing at all to do with caring more about your fellow man than a building or a president's vanity.

Correct. If it was something like that, the people physically hurt by the riots, and the violence, would be what she was talking about.

She is a marxist pretending to be a religious leader, to gain power and a platform to spread lies from.

She said nothing political. You just see anything vaguely in opposition to your view as entirely antithetical, political and evil.

That is damaged thinking. Delusion.

She said nothing political?

And the riots were conducted by white supremacists.

The Arch Bishop is the one making this political, not me, hell, not even Trump (in this specific case).
The Arch Bishop is the one making this political, not me, hell, not even Trump (in this specific case).
No, you're deranged alright. Criticism is not politics. I know in your little world, anything critical of dear leader is criminal and worthy of death. In the real world though, that's insanity.

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

And, I agree. Religion should never be politicized like Trump is trying to do.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",
1. religion has always been involved in politics. Your pretense otherwise is silly.

2. Any church that is against Law and Order and siding with violent murderous mobs, is not "real Christians",
There were no "violent murderous mobs" present on Monday evening, ya lunatic.

Well, for all you people who are saying Episcopalians aren't "real Christians" because they allow women to serve as priests and bishops, what about the Catholics? Are they "real Christians" or not?

The reason I ask, is because today when Trump went to a Catholic shrine for another photo op, the archbishop said that the Catholics didn't want him there either, because he's using their religious sites as a political tool.

In his statement, Gregory noted the legacy of Pope John Paul II, suggesting he would not have condoned Trump’s actions, including his walk to St. John’s on Monday as hundreds of demonstrators nearby were protesting the death of George Floyd last week in the custody of the Minneapolis police. Once he got to the church, the president held a Bible aloft and news crews recorded the moment.

“Saint Pope John Paul II was an ardent defender of the rights and dignity of human beings. His legacy bears vivid witness to that truth," Gregory said. "He certainly would not condone the use of tear gas and other deterrents to silence, scatter or intimidate them for a photo opportunity in front of a place of worship and peace.”

Nobody is against law and order, they just don't want their churches being used as political props.
OH really?

When are you gonna tell Nancy to stop waving a Bible and saying she's praying for Trump?
When are you gonna shut down all black churches because they cuss out Trump every sermon?
When are you gonna tell Democrats who are working for Satan that they aren't allowed on church property?

No, you're deranged alright. Criticism is not politics. I know in your little world, anything critical of dear leader is criminal and worthy of death. In the real world though, that's insanity.
Criticism is not only political but its racist too......at least that's what you race-baiting assholes have been saying about every Obama critic.
Shit,......even the national anthem is political and racist to you folks!!!

Your hysterical hyperbole is noted and dismissed. The Archbishop is fully within her rights to criticize her political enemies. Doing so, is obviously a political act.

Your denial is deslusional.

Irrelevant to the discussion. THe President made comment on Law and Order and the Bishop rushed to counter attack, thus siding with the violent murderous mobs.

Irrelevant to the discussion. THe President made comment on Law and Order and the Bishop rushed to counter attack, thus siding with the violent murderous mobs.

No, the bishop criticized the use of the church in that way, liar.

Sorry but being a democrat suck up would not save your church

I've been in lots of houses of worship in lots of religions and never had to ask permission. Democrats are evil.

Looters and rioters target and set fire to the Church. You could argue and justifiably so that they are to be forgiven. But why the outrage towards a President who at worst, did a photo opp and at best did a symbolic gesture of strength sending a message to the looters and rioters destroying US Cities?

Since you leftists are suddenly big supporters of the catholic church I hope come December you won't wet your pants when a department store cashier wishes you a Merry Christmas

View attachment 344946

I'm not moaning or whining about anything.

I simply pointed out facts.

That bible, flag and president doesn't belong only to you and apparently you agree.

If you want to make such arrogant and selfish statements expect someone else to point out how wrong you are. That's not whining. It's standing up for truth.
Show us my post where I said that the Bible, the flag and the President belong exclusively to me. Idiot.

No, the bishop criticized the use of the church in that way, liar.

Thus getting involved in politics.

Which her right of course. Your implication that anyone thinks otherwise, was just you talking shit.

Former Commanders Fault Trump’s Use of Troops Against Protesters

Retired senior military leaders condemned their successors in the Trump administration for ordering active-duty units on Monday to rout those peacefully protesting police violence near the White House.

[snip]

Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, a former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, wrote on Twitter that “America is not a battleground. Our fellow citizens are not the enemy.”

And Gen. Tony Thomas, the former head of the Special Operations Command, tweeted: “The ‘battle space’ of America??? Not what America needs to hear … ever, unless we are invaded by an adversary or experience a constitutional failure … ie a Civil War.”

People getting hurt, property being damage moves this from a peaceful protest to a riot. I support people and their right to protest. When you start destroying property and violence, it now is unlawful and I have no use for the BS.

The people who were attacked by the police were not rioting.

How many times do people have to tell you right wingers this?

It was 100% peaceful.

Lying about the situation doesn't help your side.

Yes there was rioting going on in other cities but not in DC that evening. What trump did was wrong and illegal.

I'm sad to see you believe the lies but am not surprised.

I was talking about the riots as a whole, like Seattle, Spokane, San Francisco, Portland, Minneapolis and a host of other cities. For the record: DC Police Release Names of Suspects Charged With Rioting, Looting

As I have stated hundreds of times, protesting is great, I support the peaceful protesters, no matter the cause. When it turns violent, then I have issues with the purpose.

A couple weeks ago armed citizens peacefully marched into the state house in Michigan. The left wingers were in complete meltdown over this. The idea that they could spread the Covid-19 virus and them being armed and they were violent and blah, blah, blah. Today we have people rioting, looting, potentially spreading Covid-19, people being killed, I think the total deaths are at 9, and the left wing is no longer concerned about 100,000 plus deaths, no longer worries if 100 people at a church possibly infecting others and having a total disregard for life, they don't mind more businesses being looted, burned down and destroyed. We need to end the abuse by LE, what happened to Floyd should never happen to anyone. However the protests and the message is being drowned out because of protesters over stepping their bounds. I believe there are real peaceful demonstrators but their cause is overshadowed by others. In the paper Spokesman Review, the sheriff of police chief is saying that people from Portland are being brought and the are tied to Antifa. Not sure who is funding it, but it isn't helping things.

Not sure what night this happened but we have an fine entrepreneur who opened a classy lens store and now most of her inventory is gone and the store destroyed, this lack of respect for property is just uncalled for. The woman has children to feed and take care of and it is gone. Which left winger is going to step up and help her?

Last edited:

If the President comments on law and order democrats are automatically against law and order.

Forum List

Back